Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's So Great About Tweezerman?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Did you see the "swiss tweeze tweezers"?

http://www.folica.com/Rubis_Two_Tip_T_d255.html
THESE ARE SO CUTE Laughing
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I have these too!!!!!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I've had my tweezerman tweezers for about 4 years, they're just as good now as they were new and they just get chucked into the bottom of my makeup bag. Other cheaper tweezers seem to not join together or not pluck as well.

I wouldn't swap my tweezerman tweezers for anything but I also wouldn't use those pointy ones, they look lethal!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Patty wrote:
So many choices. Sounds like I can't go wrong with any of these.

Thanks guys.

My mom uses Rubis Swiss-made tweezers on her clients. They never wear out and are stainless steel. She bought them for $40-50.. But I'm seeing online that the most is $38.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
avalange wrote:
I am totally going to be one of those geriatric ladies with uneven swaths of magenta blush...

Wait, I thought it was uneven streaks of PEACH blush! Wink

again, somehow i missed this post! it truly merits the "lol" abbreviation! Yes, you are right, I wear PEACH blush! But don't you know those old ladies who wear magenta? I LOVE my new peach blush, it looks so lovely with your dolce vita lip lush, which I will be reordering when, ahem, I get my next, ahem (cough), installment. I'm such a guilty conscience!!!!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
i have one of these too...
it does work better i think, it gets the fine hairs better than the drug store ones.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone actually sent their tweezerman's back for resharpening? I know mine def don't pluck as well as they did when I got them. It is starting to irritate me.

After looking at these posts maybe I will just pick a new pair of tweezers. I look like a caveman without a good pair. Has anybody tried both the Anastasia and the Rubis? Not needing resharpening is sounding too good to be true.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
tweerzerman is AMAZING! i never never looked back after purchasing one! The only problem is that the tip dulls quickly and i don't live in the USA. Emailed them to ask if i could send mine in for sharpening but never received a reply! hehe

why i LOVE the tweezerman. it's hard to describe it till you've tried other brands. it's sharp, perfectly shaped and i love the "bounce" of it. when using cheaper tweezers, my hand tires quickly as i have to press hard, the bounce back action of the tweezer also doesn't feel as good.

like the diamancel, there are both wonderful buys! (esp if you live in the usa and can get free sharpening!)
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:30 am      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth wrote:
Has anybody tried both the Anastasia and the Rubis?
I just ordered the pair of Avalange's fave Rubis tweezers so when they arrive I'll post a followup comparing them to my Anastasias....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
world~of~mirth wrote:
I just ordered the pair of Avalange's fave Rubis tweezers so when they arrive I'll post a followup comparing them to my Anastasias....

yay yay yay!
i posted a while ago on rubis, and there was one user who claimed that anastasia was better, but only slightly, than rubis. but i think she only had the regular slant version, which i know keep in the box in a drawer. carekate, i hope you like the two-tip tweezers, looking forward to the review!

--avalange

world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
world~of~mirth wrote:

Thank you! Cannot wait. I plucked this morning and my tweezerman's couldn't even get a giant thick one out.. grrr.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I’ve tested my Anastasia tweezers head-to-head with the Rubis tweezers (kudos towww.folica.com – I received my order in 2 business days even though I selected standard shipping!). I’m afraid I have to give the edge to my Anastasias.

The reason is, despite the fact that the Rubis felt really comfortable in my hand and had the perfect degree of “tension” and sharpness (i.e.: they don’t cut the hairs off at the root like Tweezerman always does for me), I personally found the “gripping surface” of the Rubis to be too slick/smooth so that the hairs I was trying to pluck would constantly slid through the grip of the tweezers. This happened repeatedly, and it didn’t matter if it was a long or short hair, soft or coarse, brow hair or chin hair, I would have to grip the hair at least a half-dozen times before I was able to successfully pluck it, and sometimes not even then – I’d have to go fetch my Anastasias to finish the job.

I don’t want to give the Rubis tweezers a completely failing grade in case I just got a fluke pair that was just too highly polished and smooth on the gripping surface so I leave it to y’all to decide which is best for you, but even after I tried to “rough up” the gripping surface of my Rubis with my diamond nail file, I still experienced an inordinate amount of “slippage” when trying to grasp a hair.

I’m really disappointed because I was looking forward to loving the Rubis because you can see that it is a beautiful, well-crafted tooll! I might exchange them for another pair to see if I have any better look, but for now I’ve got to stick with my Anastasias for being the superior tweezer....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Okay, I’ve tested my Anastasia tweezers head-to-head with the Rubis tweezers (kudos towww.folica.com – I received my order in 2 business days even though I selected standard shipping!). I’m afraid I have to give the edge to my Anastasias.

The reason is, despite the fact that the Rubis felt really comfortable in my hand and had the perfect degree of “tension” and sharpness (i.e.: they don’t cut the hairs off at the root like Tweezerman always does for me), I personally found the “gripping surface” of the Rubis to be too slick/smooth so that the hairs I was trying to pluck would constantly slid through the grip of the tweezers. This happened repeatedly, and it didn’t matter if it was a long or short hair, soft or coarse, brow hair or chin hair, I would have to grip the hair at least a half-dozen times before I was able to successfully pluck it, and sometimes not even then – I’d have to go fetch my Anastasias to finish the job.

I don’t want to give the Rubis tweezers a completely failing grade in case I just got a fluke pair that was just too highly polished and smooth on the gripping surface so I leave it to y’all to decide which is best for you, but even after I tried to “rough up” the gripping surface of my Rubis with my diamond nail file, I still experienced an inordinate amount of “slippage” when trying to grasp a hair.

I’m really disappointed because I was looking forward to loving the Rubis because you can see that it is a beautiful, well-crafted tooll! I might exchange them for another pair to see if I have any better look, but for now I’ve got to stick with my Anastasias for being the superior tweezer....

carekate,

oh no! I am crushed. I have never had that experience with rubis EXCEPT when there is ALREADY a tiny hair left on the tweezers already--in that case, yes, they do slip. I brush the edges with a tissue every couple of hairs. I have really fine hairs, and I am always able to tweeze them all, but if one gets caught, then I must clean the edges off for the next one... Does that make sense? I always considered it a mark of their precision--that they aren;t just sharp but very precise.

Well, I'm not in the market for new tweezers, but I'd certainly buy Anastasia's pair if I were!

--avalange

carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
carekate wrote:

carekate,

oh no! I am crushed. I have never had that experience with rubis EXCEPT when there is ALREADY a tiny hair left on the tweezers already--in that case, yes, they do slip. I brush the edges with a tissue every couple of hairs. I have really fine hairs, and I am always able to tweeze them all, but if one gets caught, then I must clean the edges off for the next one... Does that make sense? I always considered it a mark of their precision--that they aren;t just sharp but very precise.

Well, I'm not in the market for new tweezers, but I'd certainly buy Anastasia's pair if I were!

--avalange
Yeah, I always wipe my tweezers off after every pluck to get the previous hair and skin cells off the gripping surface, so that wasn't the problem with the Rubis...they were just literally as smooth as a baby's butt so I couldn't get any kind of traction with the hairs!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
The Anastasia's tweezers sound nice.. I'll try it when my ugly brookstone tweezer is dull. Crying or Very sad
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
You guys, I didn't even think I needed new tweezers, and now I'm set on getting me a pair of Anastasias. Thanks a lot!

Seriously though, Carrie, I've had the exact same experience as you with Tweezermans breaking hairs off at the base, and I always thought it pretty much had to be that way if you wanted precision. Now I know better and will be using my Tweezerman's only in my gym bag for the very rare gym eyebrow pluck, haha. Because I can't stand to throw anything away, ever. Thanks a lot!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes.. I've gotten myself a pair of Anastasia's and I have to say it's way better than Tweezerman.. and cuter too. Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I so wish EDS carried these (hint, hint) - I'm cheap about shipping so with Sephora I'm going to have to add another $50 in product to qualify for free shipping. Normally that's stuff I'd re-order from EDS (hint, hint!). Honestly, maybe I'll just suck it up and go to the mall - I hate malls, haha. I'm usually prone to spending double what I meant just to qualify for free online shipping, so I spend MORE shopping online and distraction-free than I do in an actual mall. How weird am I? Ah well, we all have our vices... and I haven't yet started plucking eyebrow or nose hair at red lights! Wink Just you wait though...

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Oh you guys, I just spent $100 at Sephora because of this thread. Sigh. But I got my adorable Anastasia tweezers, plus some Benetint that had been recommended to me and a purse-size of my favorite perfume that's a Sephora online exclusive (so I would've eventually had to place an order with them anyway, right? RIGHT?) Ah well, at least I'll be adorable and in the long run it'll save me money if I have to go in for fewer brow waxes due to better plucking. That's right, I can rationalize ANYTHING. Try me. Wink

chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I love my tweezerman tweezers. Once I tried them I never went back to another brand. They are so much more accurate and easier to use.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
So I just got my Anastasia tweezers the other day, and while I DEFINITELY agree that they're cuter than the Tweezermans, I'm disappointed because I think they're equally bad at the whole too-sharp cutting-hair-off thing. Sad I can't tell if it's a fluke and I just happened to notice that once or twice, or if they really are just as bad. I'm not that bothered either way, as I wanted to have a new pair so I could have one at home and one in my makeup bag, but I haven't yet been crazy-wowed by them. They do seem to grip a tiny bit better when they don't break the hair, though.

carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
So I just got my Anastasia tweezers the other day, and while I DEFINITELY agree that they're cuter than the Tweezermans, I'm disappointed because I think they're equally bad at the whole too-sharp cutting-hair-off thing. Sad I can't tell if it's a fluke and I just happened to notice that once or twice, or if they really are just as bad. I'm not that bothered either way, as I wanted to have a new pair so I could have one at home and one in my makeup bag, but I haven't yet been crazy-wowed by them. They do seem to grip a tiny bit better when they don't break the hair, though.
I think it must've been a fluke because I've bought several pair to squirrel in strategic places in my house and car so I'll always have a pair handy when I need them, and I haven't had any of the "cutting" issues with them, but I'm really sorry you're disappointed with them. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't really say "disappointed" - just not "overwhelmed with joy". But as they DO seem to grip better, that helps a lot! And I think they break hairs off less than the Tweezermans, it just still happens some of the time and from the reviews I may have been expecting a miracle. Smile But at the end of the day, they're slightly more effective, adorably pink, and the same price I paid for my Tweezermans. I'm happy enough!

Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think it's a fluke because my Anastasia's cut the brow hair if I grip too hard. But there's no comparison to the cheap ones I keep at home. Yuk! I hate those things. I love the Anastasias!!

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I recently bought a pair of the Anastasia's due to Carrie's head-to-head review above. I them. They are adorable as Ginnielizz mentions and infinitely more precise than the brand I was using previously. (I like the little zip-up case too.) I haven't noticed them breaking off the hair in the middle, though? I am wondering if maybe you did get a fluke pair, Ginnie? hmm
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |