Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What's So Great About Tweezerman?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
magslena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
For 20 years I have been doing a lot of plucking on my eyebrows. Quality tweezers are essential.

I think Tweezerman is much better quality than drug store tweezers, but the very best tweezers are Rubis from Switzerland, in my opinion.

http://www.rubistweezers.com/pages/tweezers_1k111.html

Just out of curiosity...what makes them so great?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
magslena wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:
For 20 years I have been doing a lot of plucking on my eyebrows. Quality tweezers are essential.

I think Tweezerman is much better quality than drug store tweezers, but the very best tweezers are Rubis from Switzerland, in my opinion.

http://www.rubistweezers.com/pages/tweezers_1k111.html

Just out of curiosity...what makes them so great?

Hello.
Quality tweezers are able to get easily hold of the smallest hair stubs, never lose the grip of the hair and stay sharp. Rubis tweezers fulfil all these requirements, in my experience.

I prefer the ones with a combination of point and slant tip that are able to pluck hairs as well as pick up ingrowns.

I bought my pair of Rubis tweezers more than three years ago. They are still razor sharp after lots of work on my bushy eyebrows and show no signs of reaching the pension limit.

HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I use Tweezermans slant tweezers. THE BEST BEST BEST!!
SOLARTINA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in these two sets of Tweeaerman in EDS:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/tweezerman-beauty-essenti-p_10256.htm
(I do like pink! But the tweezer in this set is a mini one,is it easy to grip?)
and
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/tweezerman-deluxe-groomin-p_6611.htm

Can the guys who have used these products give me some recommendation?
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is an interesting discussion, and here I sit with my old Revlon tweezers that are at least 20 years old. Haven't quite decided which ones, but it's definitely time for either Tweezerman, Rubis or Anastasia.......or how about these? Has anyone tried them?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/bdb-tweezers-p_8612.htm

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I got the mini pink tweezerman. I don't think it's better than my old Revlon one. I'm not sure why it was much more expensive.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:36 am      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
This is an interesting discussion, and here I sit with my old Revlon tweezers that are at least 20 years old. Haven't quite decided which ones, but it's definitely time for either Tweezerman, Rubis or Anastasia.......or how about these? Has anyone tried them?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/bdb-tweezers-p_8612.htm

i bought the anastasia beverly hills tweezers years ago and they were awful to use. i read so many reviews and still continue to read great reviews, however, they were not effective for fine hairs, short hairs etc..
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Ruk1 & miranets. Maybe I'll just keep reading for a while Wink

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Thanks, Ruk1 & miranets. Maybe I'll just keep reading for a while Wink

I just read your signature line. You and I are about the same age. Congratulations on maintaining good health and vitality. You sound like an awesome woman.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I just read your signature line. You and I are about the same age. Congratulations on maintaining good health and vitality. You sound like an awesome woman

Aw, thanx, Ruk! You've made my day. I'm a do-it-yourself kinda gal. Sometimes I'm just too dingy to know that there are things I can't do, but the Universe is with me, things usually work out ok. Wink

ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Catballou, I saw also you are using AALS and the L2K hand-held devices. Are they not the same type of devices? How long have you been using them?
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hi Catballou, I saw also you are using AALS and the L2K hand-held devices. Are they not the same type of devices? How long have you been using them?

No, they're very different, and I've only had them for a week. Kandis promises me they will resculpture and tighten my facial skin. I believe a few other EDs members have them, and one of us will be doing a review soon. You can go to the L2K website and read about them if you'd like.
Regards,
cat

baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I find the tweezers grip really well especially when using them with a slanted angle. Plus the scissors are so sharp for trimming eyebrows it's amazing. I've had mine for 3 years and yet the blade hasn't weakened and I've no need to sharpen them just yet !! ^_^
bunnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
their tweezers are pretty good, particularly for fine hair
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:57 am      Reply with quote
This forum is dangerous Smile. Now I will have to add this product to my list. At least it is not expensive.
meg715
5% products discount

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
that's how i felt "one more thing to add to the list but that was over 5 years ago. they work so well.I have very thin blonde hair and the slanted tweezers are a match made in Heaven for me!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I agree Tweezermans cut the hairs off. And I thought it was just me! Shock Shock
Will have to try Rubis and Anastasia. Thanks!
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I got the pink polka dot mini slant. Work well and it's so cute!
frozenstrawberrypie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:25 am      Reply with quote
i have a regular slant tweezer and a mini slant tweezer. the minis are not any better than any other tweezers but the regular slant is really good, really easy to grab tiny hairs and get them off
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I agree Tweezermans cut the hairs off. And I thought it was just me! Shock Shock

NO NO NOT JUST YOU!
I have the same issue with the tweezemans I thought it was just me! It is so frustrating to grab a hair and try to give a yank just to have the stinking things cut the hair off!!

Either the Rubis or the Anastasia work for me.
No more tweezerman for me just might as well flush money down the toilet!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:28 am      Reply with quote
i have tweerzerman and Anastasia and in my case tweezerman win's hands down. Anastasia didn't perform from day 1 and couldnt gripe the fine hairs.

did i get a lemon??

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:43 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
fat_swan wrote:

NO NO NOT JUST YOU!
I have the same issue with the tweezemans I thought it was just me! It is so frustrating to grab a hair and try to give a yank just to have the stinking things cut the hair off!!

Either the Rubis or the Anastasia work for me.
No more tweezerman for me just might as well flush money down the toilet!

DM

Well there goees my thinking of possibly purchasing a tweezeeman. Love it when people save me money Wink
SOLARTINA
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Tweezerman's famous slant tweezer is the finest tweezer I have. It's quite easy to use and excute.

But this brand keep producing new pattern tweezers, which confused me, as the old one is durable,I have no reason to buy the new pretty one...
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:57 am      Reply with quote
These tweezers have great grip and it always gets the hair first time!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have tweezerman slat tweezers here and they are ok.

But I saw some Mavala switzerland made tweezes online and those are supposed to be really good too.

Lee Valley toold also had some "splinter tweezers" that looked good a few months ago.

I also find tweezerman they do break off a lot of the hairs i try and tweeze Sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |