Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's So Great About Tweezerman?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I had a pair of Tweezersmans many years ago, but I stopped using them because half the time they would cut off the little brow hairs at the base before I got a chance to pluck them and it drove me fug buck.

Fast forward ten years, and I’m looking for a new pair of tweezers to replace my drugstore brand so I come looking at MUA to see what was what. Based on all of the overwhelmingly positive reviews on MUA, I immediately went out that afternoon and bought a pair of pink (breast cancer awareness) Tweezermans at my local Sallys Beauty.

I swear, I must’ve been suffering from selective amnesia, because I had totally forgotten my previous experience with this brand! Sure enough, when I got home and started attacking my seriously overgrown eyebrows, not to mention the five evil little black chin hairs (ladies, if you don’t have them yet, don’t be too smug because I guarantee one morning you’ll wake up and find that they’ve sprouted from your chin virtually overnight!!) with my new prized purchase, on just about every other grasp, the damn things immediately began severing the hair off at the skin when I went to grab it, and I remembered why I stopped using my old Tweezermans in the first place.

The thing is, the Tweezermans are rather like me: when they’re good, they’re very, very good, but when they’re bad.... I dunno, maybe it’s just my hair-pulling technique. Does anyone else have this problem?

Maybe I’m just being to damn particular, but really – is it too much to ask that a pair of tweezers not slice the hair off at the base before I can pluck it out????

IMHO, the tweezers from Anastasia of Beverly Hills (lash plucking guru to the stars) put the much bally-hooed Tweezermans to shame, period. I always thought I did a good job keeping my brows neat and clean, but one day I went outside in direct sunlight with the 10x magnification mirror and was shocked and horrified by just how many straggly hairs I saw. No matter how short the hair was, or how thin and fine, the Anastasia Tweezers grabbed every single hair, every single time, with nary any breakage that would leave me with the dreaded black "spots" on my browline like the Tweezermans invariably would.

They’re expensive (around $25USD I believe), but a great investment. With reasonable care, they’ll last for years. Hint: I bought a cheapo $2 drugstore pair of tweezers that come with a little carrying pouch/sleeve and tossed the tweezers out but use the sleeve to protect my Anastasias so even if I accidentally drop them, I don’t have to worry that the point will be damaged. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P69502&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5746

In addition to her Tweezers, I’m a HUGE fan of her brow-trimming scissors http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P69601&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5746 and EyeLight Matte highlighting pencil, which no woman should ever be without! http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P69504&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5746

If I ever do mess up my Anastasia tweezers, I’ll be making a bee-line back to Sephora to pick up another pair without hesitation.

ETA: I’ve also heard great things about the Mehaz Rubis tweezers, so if anything ever happens to my Anastasia’s I’m probably going to give them a whirl – I know that Sallys Beauty supply stores carry them (click here to see them: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/4760/730408) but they keep them behind the sales counter so you’ll have to ask the SA for them. If I recall correctly, the Rubis tweezers are around forty bucks...? Anyway, I now use my pink Breast Cancer Awareness Tweezermans for making jewerly because that’s about all they’re good for.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |