Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can eye products really reduce fine lines?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Like what the question suggest? I personally think that eye cream/ gel only moisturize or smooth the area around your eyes such as dehydration lines but not really deep fine lines or wrinkles. I feel that once there's a wrinkle or fine line, that means the muscle around the area is losing its elasticity and collagen might help? I feel that by using a well moisturized eye cream, it will reduce the appearance of fine dehydration lines. So is it necessary to purchase a very expensive eye product just to moisturize the eye area when it doesn't really seem to get rid of the fine lines at all? I'm not sure if I'm right or not but it seems I get about the same results regardless of what eye product I use. Sad
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have wrinkles round my eyes - I do have fine lines though.
I use Avene retinol Eulage gel and StimucollC. This combo has been very effective for softening the lines. I do not think any product can eliminate them totally (apart from botox).
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely agree with what you said Stardust. I believe all eye creams that don't contain actives like retinoids, Vit C, etc. basically help fine lines only superficially and temporarily by hydrating and plumping up the area. Once you stop using these products, and your eye area gets dehydrated, the lines will be back. Only strong actives, especially retinoids, can truly get rid of lines, perhaps not 100% but they will help. Which is why I balk at paying alot for eye creams that claim to have really fancy ingredients which are not actually scientifically proven. These eye creams are just good at hydrating with rich ingredients and that's about it.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Absolutely agree with what you said Stardust. I believe all eye creams that don't contain actives like retinoids, Vit C, etc. basically help fine lines only superficially and temporarily by hydrating and plumping up the area. Once you stop using these products, and your eye area gets dehydrated, the lines will be back. Only strong actives, especially retinoids, can truly get rid of lines, perhaps not 100% but they will help. Which is why I balk at paying alot for eye creams that claim to have really fancy ingredients which are not actually scientifically proven. These eye creams are just good at hydrating with rich ingredients and that's about it.

I completely agree with you FaithTruth. I never bought into expensive eye cream. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Faith is correct.

But also fancy or expensive does not mean anything. Smile Many fancy or expensive products still have to low a percent of activities, or are poorly formulated, to do much.

Vit C and AHA comes to mind. Thousands of products have them added, but they are many times in to small an amount, to high a pH, etc to do anything significant for the skin.

So you need products with the correct activities needed for "your" situation, AND correct amounts, and corect base.

A shotgun effect useing a lttle of "everything" is also often poorly effective. many High end or commercial products use this marketing concept. Add a little of every "buzz word" ingrediant around, usually in small or trace amounts in a cheap formula.

An "all-in-one" product rarely does this effectively. Because most "active" ingrediants, if used in high percentages, to be truely active, need specilized formulation concerns.

Better to focus on a few key ingrediants, get those in very good, well penitrating formulas, and make sure to use and layer them correctly.

You are unlikely to totally reverse all damage. But you can certainly make an impact, and help things look better. And it takes time and patience.

Eyes are the hardest to work with, because the skin is very thin and fragle. Limiting the effective product strengths one can use, without creating an irritaion issue.

Its tricky, but there are things one can do.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I very much share your theory. If there are fine lines caused by dryness and dehydratation only, then a good hydrating eye-cream can solve your problem. if it's wrinkles and sagging caused by ageing (as i'm starting to notice in my eye area) than you can't do really anything against.
Approx. 4-5 months ago i started to put VitC under my eyes - I think that's not the right way for me and i stopped doing so in the meantime.
I also noticed that on days when i sleep longer and have no stress, my eye area looks noticably better, than on "heavy duty" days.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Ok, here is my stupid question of the day. What is the difference between "fine lines" and "wrinkles". I have always thought of those terms as interchangable.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
they are much the same, except fineline are shallow and more on the surface. Wrinkles are deeper, creating an actual dip into the skin. But finelines can eventually "become" wrinkles.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks tangal. I thought it had something to do with that, I just always say "lines" instead of "wrinkles"! Laughing Sounds better that way!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
yep, its amazing what drinking water,a good night of sleep, and continued use of non-irritating retinoids can do in a matter of days: this morning i woke up with visibly less fine lines beneath my eyes...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Carzie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you... but it is difficult to have a good night sleep... Sad

So are there any good eye creams that contains retinoids?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
hi!

everyone loves the avene products, such as retrinal and eluage. i haven't had much success with them, so i use Skinceuticals' retinol, under my eyes as well. there are many threads on this forum that detail all the different kinds of retinoids!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks tangal. I thought it had something to do with that, I just always say "lines" instead of "wrinkles"! Laughing Sounds better that way!

I prefer lines to wrinkles - 'cos it sounds like you can rub them out easier.
Cool
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
Faith is correct.

But also fancy or expensive does not mean anything. Smile Many fancy or expensive products still have to low a percent of activities, or are poorly formulated, to do much.

Vit C and AHA comes to mind. Thousands of products have them added, but they are many times in to small an amount, to high a pH, etc to do anything significant for the skin.

So you need products with the correct activities needed for "your" situation, AND correct amounts, and corect base.

A shotgun effect useing a lttle of "everything" is also often poorly effective. many High end or commercial products use this marketing concept. Add a little of every "buzz word" ingrediant around, usually in small or trace amounts in a cheap formula.

An "all-in-one" product rarely does this effectively. Because most "active" ingrediants, if used in high percentages, to be truely active, need specilized formulation concerns.

Better to focus on a few key ingrediants, get those in very good, well penitrating formulas, and make sure to use and layer them correctly.

You are unlikely to totally reverse all damage. But you can certainly make an impact, and help things look better. And it takes time and patience.

Eyes are the hardest to work with, because the skin is very thin and fragle. Limiting the effective product strengths one can use, without creating an irritaion issue.

Its tricky, but there are things one can do.

I completely agree. Very well said Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Carzie wrote:
I agree with you... but it is difficult to have a good night sleep... Sad

So are there any good eye creams that contains retinoids?

MD Formulation Vit-A Plus Eye Cream is my stable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Wild Cat and avalange! I'll take a look and see what I should try on my next purchase.
bb_pigeon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat,

Have u tried another eye cream from MD?

MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxident Eye Crème

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
wow...I didn't know there'll be so many replies after I posted this for less than a day Shock Anyways, so the most effective way to get rid of fine lines under the eyes is to apply an eye cream that contains retinol (Vit. A)? Is it too harsh and drying for the skin? Basically, it just sloughs off the surface layer of the skin, right? What about Vit C? sigh...this one fine line under my eyes is driving me nuts Sad
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have started using L'Occitane Immortelle Eye Balm and really like it ...its light and fresh and have heard that Immortelle actually does regenerate skin cells...
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't thought of fine lines or wrinkles...
maybe i thought i was still too young for lines/wrinkles Cool
maybe i also thought lines and wrinkles are interchangable Rolling Eyes

now, i really need to look closer in the mirror, and i hate doing that Shock Confused
coz that just tells me that my skin is horrible, huge pores with too much facial hair Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

If Stardustdy is concerned, then i'm pretty sure mine is much worse Sad

another to buy item goes into my shopping list.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Well, i read from the other thread that different age group should target different type/brand of eye product.
Is this true?
What's your suggestion for a 26-year-old then?
my budget is $50 max. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
bb_pigeon wrote:
Wild Cat,

Have u tried another eye cream from MD?

MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxident Eye Crème

Hello bb_pigeon,
No I have not tried this particular eye cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
i wish i read your post before purchasing some of my eye creams! i found that using the high end eye cream helped reduce lines WHILE using. Once i stop using, then the lines come back.

I'm itching to try RoC. My friend swears it reduces lines and it's pretty reasonable on the pocket!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:

I'm itching to try RoC. My friend swears it reduces lines and it's pretty reasonable on the pocket!

ROC dried out my under eye area and made it look worst than before I started using it.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:28 am      Reply with quote
just a thought...

the two posters here who are worried about fine lines are in their early 20s? you guys cannot have fine lines yet! you should first try drinking lots of water and getting enough sleep, and not stressing or looking too close in the mirror. also, some people have what looks like fine lines under their eyes just due to the physiognomy of their face, i.e. how the eye sits on the face! trust me, you guys shouldn't be worrying about an anti-aging regimen until you are about 26-28! you should be following a very good preventative regimen, meaning vitamin c, a good moisturizer, and SUNSCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone will tell you that daily sunscreen (yes, 365 days a year) is the most important component of maintaining youhtful skin at any age. good luck, and girls, enjoy what you have!

--avalange

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |