Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
update on eye creams I've used
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
A short time ago, I had posted reviews on Decleor Harmonie Soothing Eye Contour Gel and DDF protective eye cream w/ SPF 15 and just wanted to give an update of my experiences.

Ever since I had an irritation under my left eye a while ago (it might have been eczema but it didn't itch), my left under eye area has been extremely dry, and am beginning to notice fine lines just under that eye (when it's dehydrated) Shock . right eye seems fine though hmm

The DDF protective eye cream ended up being horrible for me. In fact I returned it after really trying to like it. It was super drying and I felt it was actually exacerbating the dryness under my left eye! I found that I had to use that and the Decleor Harmonie Soothing Eye Contour Gel at the same time. I'm beginning to think I can't use eye creams w/ SPF as the Dermalogica total eye care did the same thing, except worse!

The Decleor Harmonie Soothing Eye Contour Gel was fabulous for healing the irritation, but was also not moisturizing enough at all. I just finished up the tube a few days ago. I found myself applying that eye gel 3-4 x's a day because my L. eye area would look parched! I just got a tube of my old fave Orlane B21 oligo cooling eye balm, and I have noticed a difference. Less dryness, less lines under left eye. I still want to experiment w/ eye creams, especially one w/ SPF, but for now, will stick to the tried and true. I know there have been raves for Murad Essential C SPF 15. Maybe I'll give it a shot in the future. But I'm hesitant as I have not been impressed with Murad.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting review thoughtcrime, thanks for taking the time to tell us.

Question, though. initially, did you have a reaction to an eye cream or something else? wondering if trying different creams around the same time is good or not.

Anyway, so happy to hear it is finally clearing up for you. Smile
Mabsy

Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime - see if you can get yourself a sample of Babor Sensational Eyes eye cream and try that. I'm trying it out at the moment and really liking it. It's got Jojoba seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil and shea butter in it. Very hydrating but also surprisingly light in texture.

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Mabsy,
Shock funny you mentioned Babor sensational eye cream. I just acquired a sample today in the mail and am about to put it on after I read some posts!
I am very concerned about the fine lines I've noticed under my left eye. I'm only 27, I shouldn't have them yet! Anyone else experiencing this? My husband uses nothing on his face and his skin is so clear no zits or lines Confused And I am obsessed with skin--not fair, something's not right here hmm

Fantasia, thanks for asking. I had the under eye irritation some time ago under my left eye and it's completely clear now. But I've noticed that it's really dry, whereas my right eye appears fine Question
Mabsy

Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime - Great! I'd love to hear what you think of it. I knew from the first time I used it that I was going to end up liking it. Cellcosmet is my absolute fave eye cream but I thought that the two had similarities. Both are very moisturising yet light so there's no millia issues (though Cellcosmet is lighter still). The Babor has been great as an eye area moisturiser for my skin, the only thing is that I tend to get puffy eyelids when I use this ON my eyelids. Could be that I use too much of it (it seems that you only need a *tiny* bit but that's hard to control that when you have a sample sachet... ). Could also be the recent temperature difference (winter has arrived!) but I haven't had that problem with the Cellcosmet (mind you Cellcosmet specifically says that it can be used over eye lids). I'm going to try the Sensational Eyes Eye Gel next Wink

Btw, about the lines. Have you considered using a vit C eye gel under the eye cream? I think that's going to be my next step in the "try to keep Mabsy smooth" plan Laughing Rolling Eyes

Mabsy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Hello Thoughtcrime,

Please do not be distressed about the lines under your eyes. It is only due to dehydration from using the wrong, irritating products for your skin. They will go away once you start using the right products.

All of the ones mentioned are excellent. Of course, I must add Dr. H. Rose Day Cream which I use around my eyes. It gives me excellent hydration when I need it.

Any SPF that uses Titanium Dioxide as it's active sunscreen agent can be drying to the skin.

I speak from experience.
skybeauty

Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Thoughtcrime,

I also suffered from fine lines under my eyes so I've tried several eye creams these days and here is my favorities:

1) philosophy - eye believe
Smooth texture with very good hydrating benefit. When I use paper eye mask, I use this cream as a base to enhance the moisturizing result.

2) Cream De La Mer
This face cream can be used on eye areas. I use it in the winter and the result is good. You may try it if you have very dry skin.

3) Clinique - All about eyes
I love the texture and it smoothes out my fine lines.

4) Kose Clinity Eye Cream and Lotion
The lotion is for day time and the cream is for night. Very good eye moisturizers and the price is competitive (around $30 for 2 products)

I also use Stila tinted moisturizer (SPF15) on my eye areas. It is so sheer and good for Summer. Btw, if the sun block product irritates your eye areas, do consider to apply the eye cream without SPF as a base then use tinted moisturizer to complete the protection. The product will sit on your skin which may reduce the irritation.

Hope this help!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
thanks ladies, for all the advice. I really appreciate it. Skybeauty welcome to the forum.
leeleedeedee, I felt sooo much better after reading your post. I hope that that's all it is just dehydration. So the fine lines under my left eye will actually go away with the right eye cream?
Mabsy, the Babor one is awesome so far. Love the texture and it's moisturizing. I may get this, but I also have my eye on Phytomer lift contour. Anyone try this? It's gotten great reviews on this forum.

Quote:
Please do not be distressed about the lines under your eyes. It is only due to dehydration from using the wrong, irritating products for your skin. They will go away once you start using the right products.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
thanks ladies, for all the advice. I really appreciate it. Skybeauty welcome to the forum.
leeleedeedee, I felt sooo much better after reading your post. I hope that that's all it is just dehydration. Can the fine lines under my left eye actually go away with the right eye cream?
Mabsy, the Babor one is awesome so far. Love the texture and it's moisturizing. I may get this, but I also have my eye on Phytomer lift contour. Anyone try this? It's gotten great reviews on this forum.

Quote:
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, I am almost 100% sure that your fine lines will go away with some good moisturizing.

Lines and wrinkles develop from many causes, not just the sun and not just with age. Have you ever seen someone who has used too harsh a cleanser for their skin type? Well, it happened to me and I tell you I had lines all over the place. I actually nearly cried when I looked in the mirror and saw these lines all around my eyes and cheek area. Now, I'm 50 and I could've said that's what you get for being 50. But, I'm a believer in that any skin condition can be fixed with the right products. I have read so many times that once you get lines and wrinkles there's nothing you can do about it (I guess aside from botox or plastic surgery.) But, I never believed in that. To me, when you know the cause you can find the remedy. I believed that due to my sensitive skin I was using harsh things on my face (like AHA's, Vitamin C serums) these products are not for my skin type. Instead, I started to use skin care products made with 100% natural botanicals (like Dr. Hauschka) and pure essential oils. My skin improved so much that when I saw my dental hygenist last month she commented that I didn't have a wrinkle on my face. What a delight to hear that when a few months prior I didn't want to leave the house because my skin was so lined and dehydrated and just plain yucky.

And, in case anyone is interested, even sun damaged skin can be greatly improved with essential oils such as: Rosehip, Sandalwood, Neroli, Frankincense etc. Even oily skin can be improved with the right essential oil.

There are so many good things out there for the skin, Thoughtcrime. I just know that if I was able to improve my skin then for sure you will too. I will incourage you every step of the way because I know it can be done. Just don't be discouraged or upset. Your skin will get better.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee,
your experience is awesome, thanks for sharing and thanks for the encouragement and optimism.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leeleedeedee,

Congratulations on your success in taking care of your lines. I am close to your age and found that my lines are more profound now, especially the crow's feet and under eyes. I have tried almost everything that people had good results and recommended. I am currently using Skinceuticals C+ AHA, C+E, Phyto +, Ultimate sunsreen, and TNS Recovery Complex, PTR Power K Eye Rescue, Cellcosmet Eye Contour Crem, Godiva cream, and Erno Laszlo formula 3-9. Initially I saw good results from each product I used, but I am not seeing much more improvement at the moment, as if the improvement process has plateued out. I saw all the lines cropping back up again. It could be that the products I am using are still too harsh for me as you said that C is a harsh product. I am so glad to know that you are 50 years old and something can work for people who are our age.

I have been very frustrated with all the money and time I have spent on the skin care products, but am still seeing results that are not satisfactory. I have spent more than two thousand US dollars on all the procedures (laser and IPL) and products in the past few months. It is crazy that all the skin care procedures and products are so expensive. I hope FDA can set up some regulations to control the prices. Young girls react to the products much better and faster than us, so they see good results right away. After seeing your posts, I feel that there is still some hope for me. Could you please share with us what Dr. H's products you buy and how you use them? You use the Rose Day cream for your eye area. Do you use Dr. H's eye products?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Rose
wiffy
5% products discount

Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I am using dermalogica's total eye care for day use. has light reflecting properties so it helps to conceal. spf 15 is great for sun protection. other than that it doesn't really reduce any lines my eyes have... but I am sure the sun protection will help heaps in line prevention.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:54 am      Reply with quote
ive used neutrogena intensive eye moisture and i find its a good, simple eye cream
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee
You were right, I have noticed my eye area improving dramatically once I properly moisturized it. I think the culprit was SPF under the eyes for me. Switched back to Orlane, the old eye cream I was using and does not look as dry, no fine lines that are too noticeable unless I'm an inch away from mirror. Laughing And drinking more water. I really was dehydrated. thanks for the tips.
Mabsy

Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:49 am      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime wrote:
I think the culprit was SPF under the eyes for me.

That's an interesting point Thoughtcrime. When I was chatting to that beautician that I wrote about a while ago (the Cellcosmet lady), I told her that I only use the Eye Contour Cream at night and that I wished they'd also make an SPF version of it. She said that she never uses eye creams with SPF because they are not as hydrating. Instead she uses sunblock over the top. I never really gave it much thought because I've never had issues with my Murad SPF15 eye cream not being hydrating enough. However, that, in general, may perhaps be the case for people with drier skins? Not sure, just thinking out loud here Rolling Eyes
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, dunno how I missed this, sorry. But I'm glad you brought this up. I would never have thought SPF could be drying till I experienced it twice! Totally dried out my eye area. Never again. Think I'll invest in sunglasses with UV protection.
Mabsy

Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Babor Sensational Eyes cream yet? Wink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy, just tried the sample and really liked it. My under eye area is less dry now, and I think the babor will be too rich for summer. I already got a zit under my eye area, a really wierd place for a zit. I dabbed a tiny bit of Dermalogica medicated clearing gel on it being extra careful to not get any in my eye, and it seemed to clear up right away. *sigh of relief*. I'm waiting for Phytomer lift contour to come because it's supposed to be lighter and help with fine lines.
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I am using Skin Medica Uplifting Eye Serum and I think it's really good. It smooth out some of crows feet. I think it's a good eye serum. Wink

.e s c e n t s.
Mabsy

Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Same here, loving it at the moment but I think it might be a bit much for me for summer. I really like it though because it is very moisturising without that heavy texture - in my opinion it's quite light. I actually got a few bumps under my eye after a few days of trying it but I was using way too much of it at a time ('coz I really liked it Laughing ). I started using less and the bumps dissapeared. I think it might be a good choice for all seasons for people with dry skin though - pretty good price too for the quality.

thoughtcrime wrote:
Hi Mabsy, just tried the sample and really liked it. My under eye area is less dry now, and I think the babor will be too rich for summer. I already got a zit under my eye area, a really wierd place for a zit. I dabbed a tiny bit of Dermalogica medicated clearing gel on it being extra careful to not get any in my eye, and it seemed to clear up right away. *sigh of relief*. I'm waiting for Phytomer lift contour to come because it's supposed to be lighter and help with fine lines.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |