Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Difference between Lightstim and LED from Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the difference between the lightstim and the one from LED Technologies? I know that you sit in front of the Light Therapy one and the Lightstim is hand held. Is it worth the extra money to pay for the more expensive one? I like the shorter time needed to use the Light Therapy one.

2. Is there any actual data to say whether or not these products shouldn't be used if you have botox?
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Deb,
No one has answered this, but I will just try to contribute my own speculation.

It appears to me that the lightstim also uses LEDs. If the light frequency (measured in nanometers, abbreviated to nm) is comparable, i would guess that the difference is one of intensity, and possibly, of penetration, since the lightstim appears to be held very close to the skin. Is the other one a standup light that bathes the whole face?

A good description of any euipment will include the frequency and strength of light given off by the device.

i assume neither of them pulsates the light.

i have no info at all on the botox question.
Lucyann

Thu May 22, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have researched the lightstim and purchased one. Most of the led's are in a range from 630nm, 800nm, up to 1200nm. It does not pulse. I purchased the 1200nm with the red and yellow lights and am pleased with my results only after one wk of use!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Lucyann wrote:
I have researched the lightstim and purchased one. Most of the led's are in a range from 630nm, 800nm, up to 1200nm. It does not pulse. I purchased the 1200nm with the red and yellow lights and am pleased with my results only after one wk of use!

The stats mentioned above are not correct.

Per the NEW LightStim website:

- Original LightStim has wavelengths between 600 and 900nm with total output of 10,440mW

- Anti-aging LightStim has wavelengths between 600 and 900nm with a total output of 9,000 mW

http://www.lightstim.com/light-therapy-products.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I see they now have a large paneled professional unit now too. Too rich for my blood.

I love what the antiaging light has done for me. Really great product.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Lucyann wrote:

The stats mentioned above are not correct.

- Original LightStim has wavelengths between 600 and 900nm with total output of 10,440mW

- Anti-aging LightStim has wavelengths between 600 and 900nm with a total output of 9,000 mW

CORRECTION - the cut and past got me! I updated the Original LS specs below:

- Original LightStim has wavelengths between 600 and 950nm with total output of 10,440mW

Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |