Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
vitamins for skin & hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing compares with whole foods, that have a nutrutional vaule and clean, fresh water that is mineralized, or sping water...not tap water..

Supplemnts that are a must for good skin: Vit C, B vits, evening primrose oil or black current seed oil, Grape seed extract, green tea extract, internal hyluronic acid, biosil from Jarrow (highest absorbed form of silica), and any product that is highly mineralizing to the body.....can be a green products, or coral calcium.

And any liver supportive, mainly Milk Thistle...really beneficial...
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Like someone else mentioned, if your boobs are getting bigger are other places getting bigger too(thighs,tummy,butt,arms etc.) Unless your a teenager or pregnant, the only time boobs tend to naturally get bigger is if you gain weight. So that makes me a little nervous about taking this?
erikaj35
5% products discount

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I have been a vegetarian for most of my life and many times I felt tired or out of energy. I started taking a daily multi vitamin for her, vitamin B+C complex, Fish Oil Pills and lastly for the skin Vitamin E.
I think all and all vitamins do improve the skin and they definitely improve over all health. I would definitely recommend them.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the CoQ10 liquid that you mix with water? Any good or bad results?
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Prenatal Vitamins. NO I;m not expecting. Just figured they must be good.
GNC offers a pure form free of dyes and such. I've taken them for 4 months and have noticed a huge improvement in my nails. Can't really tell with my hair because I have to wear it up everyday which is very damaging to it. I'm a fan and I recommend them! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
As far as vitamins are concerned, I believe multi-vitamin pills are enough. Don't overdose because it will do harm.
Majolenka
5% products discount

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely swear by Dermarine. So far it's the only supplement I have tried that has visibly improved and cleared my skin!! I take 4 capsules in the morning about 30 minutes before eating breakfast and with plenty of water. After a course of about a month when my skin seemed stabilized I stopped taking it but I always have an extra box with me for "emergency" purposes. Sometimes a change of environment or experimenting with skincare break me up and when it's bad I just start taking Dermarine and it improves in just 5 days! At one point my skin was so good that I actually didn't need to wear any foundation.
I guess you're wondering why don't I keep taking them if it's so amazing - well they are quite pricey - 59EUR. Anyway, I will at least make sure I always have some spare so I never run out. I even experienced improvement in lash growth.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Ridgecrest hair revive, very good product. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:51 am      Reply with quote
yomama606 wrote:
Like someone else mentioned, if your boobs are getting bigger are other places getting bigger too(thighs,tummy,butt,arms etc.) Unless your a teenager or pregnant, the only time boobs tend to naturally get bigger is if you gain weight. So that makes me a little nervous about taking this?

I have a pair that prove that theory wrong! I jokingly call them the energizer boobs, they keep growing and growing. I gained some with each of 4 kids but since the age of 35 they just keep getting larger. No weight gain or loss effects their size. Shock Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin A is essential to keep skin's elasticity, prevent dryness, wrinkles and aging of the skin. Vitamin A can be found in meat, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, carrots, squash and broccoli.
Vitamin B is the most important for healthy skin. It is available in bananas, eggs, oatmeal and rice. The body also produces biotin.
Vitamin C keeps skin well-toned. A deficiency can cause wrinkles and skin discoloration. As skin ages, more vitamin C is essential to maintain elasticity. Broccoli, kale, cabbage, strawberries and cantaloupe are all full of Vitamin C.
Vitamin E restores moisture to skin and slows the aging of skin cells. Vegetable oil, green leafy vegetables and nuts are good sources of vitamin E.
Iron transports oxygen in the blood to hair and skin. Magnesium helps the absorption of other vitamins and minerals. Zinc helps prevent sagging and wrinkles.
Best Vitamins and Minerals for Hair

Vitamin A produces healthy sebum in the scalp. Vitamin E and vitamin C help with scalp circulation and restore moisture to hair. Vitamin B complex, copper, chromium and iron all help maintain hair color and prevent hair loss. Calcium and magnesium work together for healthy hair growth. Zinc works with vitamin A to keep hair healthy and avoid dryness.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
i take vitamin a daily, and it has really helped to reduce the fine lines around my eyes. i also take vit b and c as well as zinc. when i don't remember to take them i really notice a difference. i ran out of vitamin a once and didn't get any more for over a month - and wow, did it show up in my skin.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Agree that Vitamin B is good for skin.

I took Vitamin B supplement daily before. It really helped reduce my acne problem.

But I have no longer take it once my acne problem's solved.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
yomama606 wrote:

I have a pair that prove that theory wrong! I jokingly call them the energizer boobs, they keep growing and growing. I gained some with each of 4 kids but since the age of 35 they just keep getting larger. No weight gain or loss effects their size. Shock Laughing

I've had several friends who have experienced the same thing. Their DRs suspected that it is all linked to hormones. As long as 'the girls' are still healthy, enjoy them !!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
yomama606 wrote:

Same here Crying or Very sad Since I turned 30 just over a year ago, my boobs have gone up two sizes from 30D to 30E and now possibly 30EE! I hate it! I liked them when they were 30D. I did start taking certain supplements around then - viviscal and multivits for women. Could be linked? If it was a hormonal thing wish I could find out which hormones were responsible.. Rolling Eyes

Edit:
Shock just read a few pages back about EPO perhaps being responsible for breast size increase.. I also started taking a omega 3-6-9 supplement which contains EPO for the omega-6.. HMMM time to stop taking this supplement and see if this reverses my breast weight gain..my over stretched tops will thank this forum if so!!

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just started adding an MSM supplement to my daily routine. I know I need to give it time before I see any results. I am starting with 1000mg per day; hoping that low dose will still benefit me without the possible side effects (headaches, stomach probs, etc.)
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking my Evening Primrose Oil regularly again. It it is definitely helping the PMS and I think seems to be helping the flushing I get around that time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Kiwigirl wrote:
thoughtcrime: EPO is evening primrose oil.
I also take about 2000mg a day (which sounds like a lot but is just two average sized capsules). My sister gets bad period pain and tender boobs (is that too much info?) so she started taking it and really noticed a difference. I've noticed that my skin clears up much faster than it used to, not sure if that is the EPO or the new products I'm using but either way, EPO is so cheap there no excuse not to really.
There's an organic skincare line made in New Zealand from all local products called Living Nature and the woman that is behind that recommends 5000mg a day, now that's just too many pills!

it sounds good! I can't help going to the shop to make an order Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ashleymay108

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking Pre-natal vitamins for 5 years, absolutely wonderful for hair and nail growth.

The other supplements I take daily are:

- Fish oil Omega 3, 6, and 9
- Calcium
- Zinc
- Vit C
- B12

I went off and on with MSM, didn't stick to a routine to see a difference.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |