Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

vitamins for skin & hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm straight down the shop tomorrow to buy some epo.I also wondered if epo enhances mens parts that may need a boost. Laughing
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Errrrrrrm...ya know all that stuff I said 'bout EPO and vit A????? Please disregard the remblings of a total moron as it is Vit EEEEEEEEEEEE! that is in EPO Rolling Eyes
apologies, Liz

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,if u take 3 capsules or EPO a day, should u space them out like morning noon and evening or take them all at once? or does it not matter?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
brave you to take 3 EPO a day. Have you seen the size of those things, they make me want to gag. I'm sticking to one a day.Hopefully boobs will still grow, maybe just slower.My 16 year old daughter is waiting to see if my boobs grow, before she tries the EPO. I also bought some vit c ester pills at chemist taking them as well. It can't hurt to try.If it works for outside surely it's gotta work inside.
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
i have always been good at taking pills even when i was about 9 years old i could take enourmous ones without water Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Well I just started taking 3000 EPO, because thats what the directions state. I must admit I'm not good at remembering to take my vitamins as I should. I take a ton of vitamins already being vegan. I know some of you mentioned that the EPO pills are huge. The ones I have are vegan and made by Veglife, they come in 500 mg. so I try and take 6 pills, but they are small, easy to swallow and in a vegetarian gel capsule. Trust me I am terrible at swallowing pills. I have a terrible gag reflex with pills. I will take liquid vitamins and herbs whenever possible, over pills. So if you are interested in a smaller easier to swallow version, I order vitamins from vitaminlife.com. I've also been taking ginko biloba for memory as mine is terrible. I sometimes feel like I have early Alzheimer's at age 27! Has anyone taken ginko long term and noticed it's memory enhancing abilities?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi thoughtcrime
When I have finished this box I will try the one's you suggested.Thanks for that.I did try a liquid for of EPO and that made me gag more than pills.It was vile.
lori Rolling Eyes
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:41 am      Reply with quote
thoghtcrime, I take gingko and I have noticed that I study much better when I take it so I think it gives a definate short term boost as well as long term benefits, I would defo recommend it.
I was also musing on this gag thing with the big EPOs. If we get used to it and our menfolk are taking them as well and having enlarging effects, maybe it's good that we are overcoming the reflex Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
LOL!!! Laughing I only have the gagging problem with vitamins Wink

thanks for the ginko info.

Quote:
I was also musing on this gag thing with the big EPOs. If we get used to it and our menfolk are taking them as well and having enlarging effects, maybe it's good that we are overcoming the reflex
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:53 am      Reply with quote
snigger snigger! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:19 am      Reply with quote
PMSL.This is going way off track. Are we gonna get banned.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:13 am      Reply with quote
why would we be banned? I think that if we can help our fellow beautistas to overcome a potentially socially debilitating physical problem and get good skin, we are surely providing a public service, aren't we?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:14 am      Reply with quote
oh no! just PMSL! Confused Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:17 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
why would we be banned? I think that if we can help our fellow beautistas to overcome a potentially socially debilitating physical problem and get good skin, we are surely providing a public service, aren't we?

Hmmm Think Let's see.... Personally, I can say rofl

However, there is the public forum component of this situation which means that some people who stumble upon this thread while reading about skincare and innocent little vitamins (or big as the case for EPO might be) might be offended by what they find. So, please, keep this clean.

Incidentally, how is the EPO going? Mine is doing absolutely zip so far!

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Ok wrist slapped! Very Happy Did have a PM and wondered if I was in trouble, but it was someone offering me samples...
Anyway Mabsy, how long have you been taking the EPO? I found fast effects in relation to PMT, but it has taken about 2 months for my skin to be showing benefits. Of course it could be that your skin is good anyway in which case you may not notice drastic effects Smile
Liz xxx

Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:15 am      Reply with quote
No fair! I don't get PMs offering me samples! Razz Laughing

EPO.... well.... I'm not really taking EPO for my skin Embarassed Laughing I've only been taking it about 1.5 weeks I think, so not really long enough to see results of ANY sort. I'm impatient though Rolling Eyes

I know that it is good for you so I will continue taking it regardless.

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I thought it was a bit iffy personally, but then maybe I'm just paranoid! I think waiting only 1.5 weeks for results on skin products is pushing it a bit and in the case of oral supplements somewhat unrealistic. I think it will take a tad longer!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm Sure that just about any vitamin supplement is going to be good for the skin. I myself just started to take Neem. It's a plant that has been used to heal any skin problem for 100's of years. i've been taking it for about 2 weeks.. Haven't seen a pimple since. You can pick is up at the health food store. 90 capsules for $13 or 60 Softgels for $42. I started with the capsules first Wink Also I've heard and read that omega-3 is very good for the skin.. want to try that next.. or just eat lots of fish.. Very Happy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Neem is supposed to be good applied topically too. I know they use it in some flash nail stuff as it's supposed to be brilliant for nails. Must buy! must buy! Laughing

Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, that nail neem oil is on my list! Dr Hauschka makes it. I *NEED* the pen version but common sense (and creditcard) tells me to go with the 30mL bottle Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I think that you can get neem oil from health food shops. Don't see why that won't do the trick
Liz x

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Liz!!!

If I can persuade myself that I don't absolutely have to have the pen version then that might be the way to go. Mind you I'm such a sucker for packaging it's not funny! Rolling Eyes

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Thanks Liz!!!

If I can persuade myself that I don't absolutely have to have the pen version then that might be the way to go. Mind you I'm such a sucker for packaging it's not funny! Rolling Eyes

Mabsy

LOL! tell me! I've got two estee lauder cubes in almost identical colours and I don't even like the colours! Just had to have them cos the packaging is soooooo lovely! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Guapagirl (Liz),

What brand of EPO do you use? Is there any side effects of evening primrose oil?

Thanks,

Rose
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, you guys are scaring me. I garden all the time and I use NEEM oil to kill all sorts of pests in the garden... could it be the same oil? It is plant-derived. Maybe stronger concentration for insect-annihilation purposes? hmmmmm
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |