Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

V-day approaching - Don't forget love letters
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Do you always want to discuss a problem with your SO IMMEDIATELY?

However when he does something nice, that you really appreciate and want him to keep on doing it, what do you do? Do you discuss it in great length with him like when you discuss what he did wrong?

I find myself eager to discuss problems with my boyfriend, but when he does something nice, while I immediately tell him "thank you" and "I love you," I don't elaborate thinking he must already know I appreciate it. But hmm...is that always the case? Or even if he does know it, wouldn't it be nice for him to hear you tell him exactly how you appreciate it, and what he did that you really liked in detail? I was pondering this, and thought I'd have liked to hear him tell me what I did that he liked in detail, too.

This weekend, he was being extra tender, loving, considerate, selfless, and did all the things my heart always yearned for without me even having to give him a hint or a clue.

I wanted to let him know that I really liked what he did without sounding patronizing. So I decided to send him a love letter in advance of V-day.

He actually said he liked getting positive feedback. I gave him concrete examples in details of the things he did that touched my heart.

So I just wanted to share with you all not to forget to give positive feedback and in details, so he knows you appreciate him, and he knows exactly what you like, so he'll do it again.

Positive reinforcements, girlfriends!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
You are SO sweet, Cherisse!

And that is a great idea. I always tell my husband "thank you" and "I love you" too, but never really thought that he might like/need more than that. You've given me the inspiration to do that for mine. Thank you! Very Happy
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
That IS a great idea. I don't think I've ever written a love letter to my boyfriend. Maybe a nice hard with some things written in it, but not a real true letter. There is so many things he does that I do appreciate, but sometimes other than saying "thanks", I never really tell him how I feel. I think I might try this too. Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome. If you want to borrow my opening, here's what I wrote:

"Hi Hun,

I want to be better at communicating positive feedback. I think for most of us it’s easy to want to “talk” only when something went wrong, and while we appreciate the good things that happen, we just “assume” the other person knows that we appreciate it, which is sadly not always the case. Or even if the other person knows it, it is still refreshing to hear it outloud from the source.

So in light of that, I want to tell you that ...(in your own words)!

To give you concrete examples…..(provide your own examples here)"

Then you can end on a love note!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Sweet Cherisse, i will steal your idea. you are very thoughful, your boyfriend is so lucky to have you!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've always loved leaving little notes around with warm and fuzzy sentiments like: "I love your smile", "I love the way you make me laugh", "You are THE best kisser", etc. That way you can make your partner feel special every day and not just one time out of the year. It's the little things that count most.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
I've always loved leaving little notes around with warm and fuzzy sentiments like: "I love your smile", "I love the way you make me laugh", "You are THE best kisser", etc. That way you can make your partner feel special every day and not just one time out of the year. It's the little things that count most.

Yes! I do this, too. Once I had to leave my bf's place before he woke up, and I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye, so I left him a note saying goodbye and telling him I didn't want to wake him up as he looked so peaceful sleeping there. He loved that note and the fact that I didn't wake him up. (Probably more the latter!) But I saw him save that note for a month, which is long for him as he hates pack rats.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
Sweet Cherisse, i will steal your idea. you are very thoughful, your boyfriend is so lucky to have you!

Thank you, and yes, please use it! I think guys like to hear what they do well, too, and probably prefer that to what they do wrong. haha
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse you changed your screen name to bankok girl? Laughing
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

That confused me too! It's all good though, I kept getting Cherisse and Chessie confused. Now I'll just be mixing up Tan, Tangal, Tam & Tamgirl99. Laughing
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

Neutral Shhh I wanted to be anonymous! hehe
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

That confused me too! It's all good though, I kept getting Cherisse and Chessie confused. Now I'll just be mixing up Tan, Tangal, Tam & Tamgirl99. Laughing

I got Cherisse and Chrissie confused, too. I didn't know about the other ones you mentioned. I mean I know about Tangal, but didn't know there's a Tan, and I know about Tam, but didn't know there's a Tamgirl99.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I got Cherisse and Chrissie confused, too.

Ha, I wrote Chessie not Chrissie...see, it IS confusing!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
C- How were you able to change your name on all your posts? I seem to remember other members trying to do it before, but they weren't able.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
How can I change my name? Very Happy
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
C- How were you able to change your name on all your posts? I seem to remember other members trying to do it before, but they weren't able.

She's a witch!

Just kidding....
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
good to share tips like this...
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:

Magda helped me! She is the magician. Thank you, Magda!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |