Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone heard of argan oil or used it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies

I’ve read somewhere about aragan oil, it has lots of benefits for the skin and the body, especially for the skin.. Here is some information that I copied from a website

BODY CARE PROPERTIES
For the beautiful ones of the desert, the oil of Argan is their secret of beauty, marvelous elixir of youth, able to regenerate their skin. Its chemical composition and vitamins make it an unrivaled ingredient for moisturizing and for rejuvenating cosmetic use. It provides comfort and well-being, suppleness and softness. It naturally contains Vitamin E which eliminates free radicals and neutralizes destructive oxidation, linoleic acid (an essential omega-6 fatty acid), tocopherol (also inhibits free radicals), and carotenoid pigments (a naturally occurring but necessary pigment found in plants and animals). It is also rich in unsaturated fatty acids which have many beneficial properties for the skin’s cellular membranes.
This is a link with more info.

http://www.dietobio.com/aliments/en/argan.html
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I bought some from GOW and have been using it at night, it's great, no break-outs, and skin feels great in the a.m., moisturized, not greasy, and kind of plump feeling, if that makes sense. I read about this too, and then found it on GOW website for super cheap.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've used argan oil. I've used it straight; added EOs to it; and added it to other moisturizers.

It's a very elegant oil that absorbs quickly and makes your skin feel like velvet.

I bought mine from GOW too.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well that's funny because I just used it today for the first time - in my smoothie!

A friend went to a nutritionist and was advised to take some daily, and she looks great, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Mine is organic, from Morrocco, smells yummy. I wonder if food grade oil is ok for skin, though.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Food grade argan is fine to use on your face, but it has to be raw. What you ate was probably roasted argan oil... the argan nuts are roasted and then pressed. That isn't going to do anything for your skin. You want your oil to be cold pressed and unrefined. HTH. Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for bringing this up. i've seen it around (at my market of all places) and have been meaning to ask about it. as i love oils, i may have to try this out.... anuone know if it's okay for breakout prone people?
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am breakout prone, and it has not bothered me at all, I've used it daily since I received it, which is about a week, no breakouts.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
thank you, amylola! i could definitely do with some face softening. will pick some up tomorrow.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Been curious about this since I ordered a Mir cleanser - is this as soothing/healing as emu oil?
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot use Emu oil, most people love it, and swear by it, but it gives me clogged pores, so you could try the Argan, it is really reasonable from GOW - you can't really go wrong.
I am loving it right now, I have so many different oil blends though, it's hard to use them all!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds amazing. I've tried Emu, and can't say I love it. So I'm thinking to send it back. This oil sounds awesome and would love to try it.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I figure for the price, you really can't go wrong. I am also using the Mountain Rose Herbs Rose Oil and I mix these 2 together, really like the combination.
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
That’s great. I heard so many things about this oil and I really want to try it. I will try to order it as soon as I find a good source. I heard it’s great for pigmentation, acne and anti wrinkle. I read some where that it’s very rich of vitamin E (isn’t vitamin E an antioxidant?).
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
mimiek-
Check out gardenofwisdom.com
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
mimiek-

Amylola¨

Thank you Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Food grade argan is fine to use on your face, but it has to be raw. What you ate was probably roasted argan oil... the argan nuts are roasted and then pressed. That isn't going to do anything for your skin. You want your oil to be cold pressed and unrefined. HTH. Smile

thanks tam.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
mimiek-

Amy, what else do you buy from GOW? I hate to buy just one thing when ordering online.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have bought their cleansing oil, the light n'bright serum, some other type of oils for OCM, essential oils, mostly everything I have bought has been excellent quality. Packaging is simple, but you don't pay for the fancy packaging. The prices are excellent, IMO. They have a great selection of oils, carrier and essential. Good luck shopping!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh also the alcohol free version of Mandelic is awesome!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I have bought their cleansing oil, the light n'bright serum, some other type of oils for OCM, essential oils, mostly everything I have bought has been excellent quality. Packaging is simple, but you don't pay for the fancy packaging. The prices are excellent, IMO. They have a great selection of oils, carrier and essential. Good luck shopping!

Thank you for your suggestions!
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Mimie,

Have you found this here in Sweden or were you planning to order it from somewhere else?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Someone please educate me! I am a bit confused now. I now hear of Argan Oil and Camellia Oil on another thread. Which is better for firming the skin, and anti-aging? Are they essential or carrier oil? Is either of them good for stretch marks? I have helichrysum oil, which I love for stretch marks, but want to mix it with carrier oil. Would Argan or Camellia oil be good for mixing with helichrysum?
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is the only other place that I've read about argan oil:

http://www.coolessentials.com/product_index.html

"argan beauty oil
100% pure, organic, cosmetic grade argan. This rare and precious oil is considered to be one of the finest natural anti-ageing treatments you can offer your skin. Used in the evening, alone or with other Mir products, this light, easily absorbed "liquid gold" makes a wonderfully soothing treat for face, body, hands, nails, scalp and hair. This healing oil is also ideal for use on scars and sun damaged skin. Use on face and body after sun exposure..."

Argan oil is on my list for when I finish up my Laventine facial oil.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
From a review article in ELSEVIER - Journal of Ethnopharmacology by Z. Charrouf, D. Guillaume/ Phytochemical Study of Argania Spinosa/Nov. 1998: Ethnoeconomical, Ethnomedical and Phytochemical Study of Argania spinosa (L.) Skeels

It is very compatible with human skin lipids:

- Glycerides (including 95% of triglycerides) constitute 99% of the oil.

- Unsaturated fatty acids are the major components. Together oleic and linoleic acids constitute 80% of the fatty acids and linolenic acid is only present as traces. Oleic acid content is approx. 45% compared to camellia oil which is usually above 80%.

- Argan oil is about twice as rich in tocopherol (Vitamin E) as olive oil; the main tocopherol is by far alpha-tocopherol.

- It also contains 4 plant sterols.

Argan oil is less sensitive to oxidation than olive oil and its stability has been attributed to the presence of tocopherols (Vitamin E) and polyphenols (anti-oxidants) such as caffeic acid and oleuropein.

I have Argan oil; it absorbs well and makes my skin magically soft.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
The wishlist for GOW just gets longer and longer Shock

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |