Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone heard of argan oil or used it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
From a review article in ELSEVIER - Journal of Ethnopharmacology by Z. Charrouf, D. Guillaume/ Phytochemical Study of Argania Spinosa/Nov. 1998: Ethnoeconomical, Ethnomedical and Phytochemical Study of Argania spinosa (L.) Skeels

It is very compatible with human skin lipids:

- Glycerides (including 95% of triglycerides) constitute 99% of the oil.

- Unsaturated fatty acids are the major components. Together oleic and linoleic acids constitute 80% of the fatty acids and linolenic acid is only present as traces. Oleic acid content is approx. 45% compared to camellia oil which is usually above 80%.

- Argan oil is about twice as rich in tocopherol (Vitamin E) as olive oil; the main tocopherol is by far alpha-tocopherol.

- It also contains 4 plant sterols.

Argan oil is less sensitive to oxidation than olive oil and its stability has been attributed to the presence of tocopherols (Vitamin E) and polyphenols (anti-oxidants) such as caffeic acid and oleuropein.

I have Argan oil; it absorbs well and makes my skin magically soft.

Hi Kay, I wanted to buy Argan oil on ebay. They offer different sizes. What size would you recommend me to start with? 1/2 or 1 oz?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ARGAN-OIL-Pure-Oil-For-Skin-Body-Hair-1-Ounce-Size_W0QQitemZ150092636092QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Does this sound like a good deal?

Do you use it diluted (mixed) with other oil? Will it blend well with Camellia?

TIA!
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
My sister bought me a 100ml bottle when she visited Morocco so I'm sorry I can't tell whether that one is a good price or not.

It is a clear light orangey colour and smells a little nutty.

I used it straight, and blended it with Seakelp Bioferment, and creams and body lotion. Don't have Camellia Oil (yet!) so I can't comment on that, but it blends well enough with Jojoba, Squalane, Rosehip Seed, Rice Bran Oil.

Whenever I try something new, I tend to get small sizes first, just in case I hate it!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
My sister bought me a 100ml bottle when she visited Morocco so I'm sorry I can't tell whether that one is a good price or not.

It is a clear light orangey colour and smells a little nutty.

I used it straight, and blended it with Seakelp Bioferment, and creams and body lotion. Don't have Camellia Oil (yet!) so I can't comment on that, but it blends well enough with Jojoba, Squalane, Rosehip Seed, Rice Bran Oil.

Whenever I try something new, I tend to get small sizes first, just in case I hate it!

Thanks! I'll take your advice and buy the 1/2 oz first. The price is not too bad.
MarkeyGoW
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
nyonyakay wrote:
From a review article in ELSEVIER - Journal of Ethnopharmacology by Z. Charrouf, D. Guillaume/ Phytochemical Study of Argania Spinosa/Nov. 1998: Ethnoeconomical, Ethnomedical and Phytochemical Study of Argania spinosa (L.) Skeels

- Unsaturated fatty acids are the major components. Together oleic and linoleic acids constitute 80% of the fatty acids and linolenic acid is only present as traces. Oleic acid content is approx. 45% compared to camellia oil which is usually above 80%.

- Argan oil is about twice as rich in tocopherol (Vitamin E) as olive oil; the main tocopherol is by far alpha-tocopherol.

Argan oil is less sensitive to oxidation than olive oil and its stability has been attributed to the presence of tocopherols (Vitamin E) and polyphenols (anti-oxidants) such as caffeic acid and oleuropein.

Hi Kay, I wanted to buy Argan oil on ebay. They offer different sizes. What size would you recommend me to start with? 1/2 or 1 oz?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ARGAN-OIL-Pure-Oil-For-Skin-Body-Hair-1-Ounce-Size_W0QQitemZ150092636092QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

TIA!

There is nothing wrong with purchasing on E-bay Smile Just check and make 100% sure this is not an actual picture of the Argan oil itself. Hopefully it is just a stock picture. Argan is golden, rich and absolutely divine. Exceptional for hair as well!

Enjoy!
Markey Smile
Garden of Wisdom
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
MarkeyGoW wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
nyonyakay wrote:

TIA!

There is nothing wrong with purchasing on E-bay Smile Just check and make 100% sure this is not an actual picture of the Argan oil itself. Hopefully it is just a stock picture. Argan is golden, rich and absolutely divine. Exceptional for hair as well!

Enjoy!
Markey Smile
Garden of Wisdom

Thank you, Markey! I wouldn't have known. I just sent a message to the seller to see what she would say.

Do you know what Camellia oil should look like?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |