Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Who's going where for V-day weekend?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone is planning for a special romantic getaway this v-day weekend. If so, where are you going? (And from where you're going?)
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, rub it in that I'm still single. Sad LOL Just kidding. My friend and I are actually going up north to my cottage for the weekend to catch the "Frosty Frolics" festival where they will be having dog sled races and a craft fair. I actually missed it last year when I was living there so it should be fun to check out. Hmmm maybe we can find some hunky men to keep us warm, and if not at least we can pet some pretty pooches and snuggle against their fur. LOL And then of course, there is always the fudge. They have the best fudge at a local shop there. Mmmmmmmm fudge. Who needs a man when you've got fudge? LOL Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Thanks, rub it in that I'm still single. Sad LOL Just kidding. My friend and I are actually going up north to my cottage for the weekend to catch the "Frosty Frolics" festival where they will be having dog sled races and a craft fair. I actually missed it last year when I was living there so it should be fun to check out. Hmmm maybe we can find some hunky men to keep us warm, and if not at least we can pet some pretty pooches and snuggle against their fur. LOL And then of course, there is always the fudge. They have the best fudge at a local shop there. Mmmmmmmm fudge. Who needs a man when you've got fudge? LOL Wink

I got a Maltese who is a lap dog. My girlfriend said "who needs a man when you have Snowball?" haha

Sounds like a lot of fun, and I am sure many hunky men would love to keep you girls warm. The problem is how do you make them leave???
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
I got a Maltese who is a lap dog. My girlfriend said "who needs a man when you have Snowball?" haha

Sounds like a lot of fun, and I am sure many hunky men would love to keep you girls warm. The problem is how do you make them leave???

LOL Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
wildflower wrote:

Isn't that always the problem? Wink
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
No one is going anywhere for the weekend?

I'm considering Santa Barbara since I live in LA...or maybe San Diego. Where else should I consider?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Cherisse wrote:
wildflower wrote:

That is often the problem! Bad Grin
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
tam wrote:
Cherisse wrote:
wildflower wrote:

That is often the problem! Bad Grin

Oh yes, silly me! Every once in a while, it isn't a problem at all! Bad Grin
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Stay at home coz my husband is NOT romantic at all.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:

Awww....what would happen if you tell him that you want to go somewhere? Would he go along? My boyfriend loves to go places, and it's so much fun to do things together and explore new places together. Maybe your husband just needs a little encouragement?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
We don't "do" Valentine's Day in our house. We did a special dinner or something the first few years we were together, but then I realized that I don't need a special date to tell me I need to feel loved and romantic. Laughing We treat every day like it is Valentine's Day. (where is that up-chuck emoticon?!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:14 am      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:

Same! Crying or Very sad
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
celebrate anti-valentine dinner with my roomies...
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, you guys are starting to make me feel depress ed! LOL
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
my boyfriend and I are going to go watch the Wicked in Chicago..I can't wait!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
bb2000 wrote:

Same! Crying or Very sad

Same! I have a guy friend who is so sickening romantic with his girlfriends. I wish he would teach seminars on how to make ladies swoon...but then again my husband wouldn't dare step foot in any seminar lol
I think I'm going to try a new angle though...I'm going to be the one to initiate more romantic stuff and then maybe he will realize how awesome it is and start doing little things too...eh?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
bb2000 wrote:

Same! Crying or Very sad

Same! I have a guy friend who is so sickening romantic with his girlfriends. I wish he would teach seminars on how to make ladies swoon...but then again my husband wouldn't dare step foot in any seminar lol
I think I'm going to try a new angle though...I'm going to be the one to initiate more romantic stuff and then maybe he will realize how awesome it is and start doing little things too...eh?!

You can try that, but if he doesn't take the hint, you might want to just tell him in plain English that you'd really love it if he'd take you out to a romantic dinner on V-day. And give him a big bright smile and a big hug. Who could resist that?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I have no idea. I guess I'll have to wait for the 14th to see if we stay home or go out.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
no plans for me ... darn school paper, ruins it every time. Oh well, there's still next weekend! Razz
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Not going away for the weekend, but we do celebrate Valentine's Day as a family (well, sort of Smile ).

My husband, kids and I go out to dinner at Boston Pizza for the heart-shaped pizza. We've been doing that ever since they were toddlers and have never missed a Valentine's Day yet. Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Not going away for the weekend, but we do celebrate Valentine's Day as a family (well, sort of Smile ).

My husband, kids and I go out to dinner at Boston Pizza for the heart-shaped pizza. We've been doing that ever since they were toddlers and have never missed a Valentine's Day yet. Very Happy

Heart shaped pizza? That sounds so cute!
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
My best friend is having a baby the day after V-day (she's getting induced) so I will probably be spending time w/ her and helping her get settled @ home w/ the baby. My SO "doesn't do" V-day so I'm sure he won't miss me!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
tam wrote:

That's why we started taking them when they were little; they thought that it was really special. Very Happy (Btw, Boston Pizza only makes heart-shaped pizzas on Valentines Day each year and it's in support of a charity -- can't remember which one now.)

Anyway, my little ones are teenagers now and they still remind us that Valentine's Day is coming and that we *HAVE* to go out for our pizza dinner. Wink
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
tam wrote:

That's why we started taking them when they were little; they thought that it was really special. Very Happy (Btw, Boston Pizza only makes heart-shaped pizzas on Valentines Day each year and it's in support of a charity -- can't remember which one now.)

Anyway, my little ones are teenagers now and they still remind us that Valentine's Day is coming and that we *HAVE* to go out for our pizza dinner. Wink

Aww.. That's so sweet! Surprised I don't think we have Boston Pizza here.. We have California Pizza Kitchen though! Drool
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:

It's also DH's b-day (and he has red hair! Laughing ). Big work deadlines for him, so he's wants to postpone celebrating until later in the month. No sense making plans if he won't be home. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)