Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: REVIEW :: Dr. Jessica Wu Dew Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
The following is the description taken from Dr. Wu's website:
So, what does Dew Cream do?
Dew is nature’s way of nurturing flower petals. Doesn’t your skin deserve the same? Only an intensely hydrating moisture treatment like this could help reverse visible signs of environmental damage while so indulging your skin. Its glossy texture glides on like a whisper, leaving a smooth, satiny finish. Hyaluronic Acid plumps the skin to soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while potent white peony and scutellaria extracts serve as natural anti-oxidants.

How to use this product
Massage liberally into face and neck morning and night. Use alone or under makeup. Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive.

It is US 125 on Dr. Wu's website. I am not sure how big the full-size is. My BFF sent me a sample about the size of Cellcosmet sample and it lasted me a whole week. A forum member commented on the ingredient list of Dew Cream as undesirable. I am an idiot when it comes to ingredients so those we know what's wrong with Dew Cream's ingredients please enlighten me Smile

Dew Cream contains:
Deionized Water, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sorbitol, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Radix Paeoniae Alba (White Peony), Radix Scutellariae (Chinese Skullcap), Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Stearyl Alcohol.

It is a not-so-thick cream consistency, Think "whipped". That's the best adj. I can come up with to describe it. I actually really enjoy the texture because its different and refreshing. It spreads o.k. easily and it leaves the skin not oily but hydrated. No weird shine.

The Smell? It smells like nothing. Well, smells like most "unscented" products. Nothing strange.

Does it live up to her claim? Because I only used Dew Cream for one week, I don't think its fair for me to judge on its "anti-oxidant" properties (white peony still sounds very intriguing). Hyaluronic Acid did plump up my skin a little but it was the only product that contain Hyaluronic Acid in my night routine. I suppose all Hyaluronic Acid serums can pump up skin. Does it provide enough hydration? Well, it did for me but I doubt ladies with dry skin would find it hydrating enough on its own. Will need more layering.

The Verdict? I will purchase it when I have more than US125 to devote to an antioxidant moisturizer. I tend to spend more on products with more potent actives. But, do I miss it already? YES I DO! Mad Mad Mad

Edited to add that I will find out what my BFF think of Dew Cream's antioxidant results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Now think of it...the container of Dew Cream is less than desirable. Its not an air-tight pump so I wonder how much antioxidants could remain... Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for doing this review Wild Cat. The ingredients seem okay to me, but I'm pretty lax when it comes to most synthetic chemicals. Actually it looks like a very short and straightforward ingredient list.

My knock against this product would probably be the price. It seems like a normal moisturizer with the addition of 2 Chinese herbs. But these 2 herbs aren't expensive at all. I know some people recommend ingesting Radix Scutellariae every day because it's just an all-around good herb. You can get it really cheap at Chinese medicine shops.

So if this is just a moisturizing base with the fine powder of 2 herbs added it's way too expensive.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
RMB wrote:
Thank you for doing this review Wild Cat. The ingredients seem okay to me, but I'm pretty lax when it comes to most synthetic chemicals. Actually it looks like a very short and straightforward ingredient list.

My knock against this product would probably be the price. It seems like a normal moisturizer with the addition of 2 Chinese herbs. But these 2 herbs aren't expensive at all. I know some people recommend ingesting Radix Scutellariae every day because it's just an all-around good herb. You can get it really cheap at Chinese medicine shops.

So if this is just a moisturizing base with the fine powder of 2 herbs added it's way too expensive.

RMB,
I agree that the price is unreasonable and that's the main reason holding me back from purchasing it. There are many antioxidant formulations that are way cheaper Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm..I just asked my BFF about the antioxidant effect she experienced from Dr. Wu's Dew Cream. She used it for two months before she started a sample of IS Clinical Super serum. She said her skin loves Dew Cream so much and she think its antioxidant effect (on her skin) is comparable to what Super serum gives her. Well, another product to buy when I have money Rolling Eyes

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |