Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
anti aging creams
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi

just wondering if anyone can help. i am 36 years old and look a lot older than what i am. i have deep lines around my eyes, between my eyebrows and some around my mouth. i have tried various creams - all which have done nothing but cost a fortune. my skin feels quite dehydrated, especially around the eye area. im not wanting any cream that just sit on my skin and when washed off my skin will go back to normal ( the Skin Doctors Eye lift was like this - it was terrible).

hope to hear from someone soon

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Sally,
Not to get personal, but do you smoke? This can greatly affect how your skin looks and especially create the naso-labial folds between nose and mouth that are practically impossible to get rid of except through filler injections or a face lift. If your lines are truly deep - in an extreme way - no cream in the world is going to erase those lines. Don't waste your money. There is an excellent plastic surgery board at "Yes. They're Fake" online where many different procedures are discussed. If your lines are not that extreme, there's always Botox for your forehead and crow's feet lines. It works very well though personally I did have terrible headaches post-injection. However the results were spectacular. I can't face the headaches again so I use a topical btx like product to relax lines in those areas now - relaxaline. I think it is really for folks whose lines are moderate though. (Don't want you to spend money needlessly anymore.) If you feel that your skin needs super-hydration, perhaps 100% Hyaluronic Acid would help? naturalskincare.com sells moisturizer with a very high concentration of HA in it. I also think if you derm would give you a cream-based Retin-A product, you may be able to reduce your lines quite a bit - Retin A thickens your skin and thus those folds can be reduced somewhat. I'm sure there will be many others who can help you here. Good luck!
Mabsy

Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest going for a vitamin C serum. You can get ones for the eye area that have a lower concentration (given the sensitivity of the area). Both Skinceuticals and Cellex-C make an eye vit C serum. The before & after pictures of the Cellex-C trial show a significant reduction in lines, but I think that was over a 6 month period (from what I recall seeing on TV a few years back).

I'm using a Vivier 20% vit C serum on my face as a preventative measure. My mum has used the Skinceuticals one in the past and saw great improvement in skin clarity, brightness, and texture. She also said that her skin felt firmer. She was very happy with the results (hmmm I should buy her another bottle....).

Oh, actually, I just noticed that Vivier also make an eye vit C serum....

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I received a sample of skinceuticals serum 20, and I'm guessing it's comparable to the vivier one you're using. Now we are about the same age and skin type (combo), except I have really sensitive skin... My question is how do you use the serum-- i.e. how many drops, where do you put it, and does it sting? I'm hesitant to try it as I think Vitamin C is too strong for my skin. Also is it ok to use for younger skins? I know you mentioned you're using it as a preventative measure. Any advice? TIA
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi....
Since two suggestions that were made by others were hyaluronic acid for hydrating and topical botox creams for wrinkles, I do know of a serum that has both. It has Argireline at the 10% concentration for therapeutic treatment of lines and wrinkles in all the areas you mentioned and it also contains hyaluronic acid. Contains aloe barbadensis gel to take the other nutrients deep into the skin to nourish. It's a very new product so kinda hard to find. let me know if I can help you.

salster68 wrote:
Hi

just wondering if anyone can help. i am 36 years old and look a lot older than what i am. i have deep lines around my eyes, between my eyebrows and some around my mouth. i have tried various creams - all which have done nothing but cost a fortune. my skin feels quite dehydrated, especially around the eye area. im not wanting any cream that just sit on my skin and when washed off my skin will go back to normal ( the Skin Doctors Eye lift was like this - it was terrible).

hope to hear from someone soon

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi

thanks for all your help. unfortunately, i do smoke but not heavily ( i know i shouldnt at all - must stop!!) i was also aneorexic up from the age of 16 up until 5 years ago so i think this has done a lot of damage to my skin. maybe my wrinkles arent as bad as i say they just seem to be bad to me but even so i do need help with choosing the right products. because i am very thin in the face i think this makes my lines look worse too.

Judy what is the product you are talking about. i have just started using avotox (just finished my first week on this). i am still looking for a good hydrating cream, eye cream etc. i am also using Enviorn Cboost and Debut containing vit A

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
An excellent hydrating cream is Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream. Yes, everyone knew I would say that. But, it is a super moisturizing cream. It's helped me with my dehydration lines. I'm 50.

I'm also a big fan of Rosehip Oil which is excellent for mature skin, aging skin, sun damaged skin, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation etc. I have very sensitive skin so I only use products with completely natural botanicals or essential oils.

If you would be interested in the Rosehip Oil you must be sure and buy a good one or else it will not do anything good for you. I order mine from www.livinglight.ca. Their essential oils are the best. They sell "Primavera" oils which are the largest sellling essential oils in Europe. Their oils are pure, unadulterated, only plant based - they use no animal based aromas, and their cultivation and extraction methods are the best. I must say their oils have saved my skin from harsh products I have been using. Oh, and Rosehip Oil does contain natural retinol, essetial fatty acids and other good things that feed the upper layers of your skin. I use it everyday.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Sally asked: <<<Judy what is the product you are talking about. i have just started using avotox (just finished my first week on this). i am still looking for a good hydrating cream, eye cream etc. i am also using Enviorn Cboost and Debut containing vit A>

Sally, don't know if you remember Betterat40 and I talking about being from Austin or not, but both products that I feel are responsible come from companies located in Austin. I'm a big fan of supporting local companies. I like the idea of being able to talk directly to the formulators and the people who distribute the products.

You've heard me talk about the lifting masque and serum with Argireline that I use for smoothing and wrinkle reduction. You may also remember my saying that the serum contains hyaluronic acid and that Argireline trials showed a 42% reduction in dryness of the skin. So, those are responsible for a lot of my lack of dry skin and the anti-aging qualities.

The eye cream I use is called Revive and it is formulated by a well known Dermatologist in Austin. She believes in "clean" and natural ingredients with no chemicals in her products. Shame on you

Both can be ordered on the net. Send me a pm if you'd like links. wave
JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
A brand I use for pure essential oils that is organic is Essential Aura and Simplers. I use them in my perfumes.
Mabsy

Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed Sorry, I don't know how I missed this post! It may be too late now but I use about 4 drops of the Vivier one but I think the Vivier one might go a bit further than the Skinceuticals in terms of spreading it over your skin. I put it all over my face (avoiding the eye area) and use anything remaining on my neck. The Vivier 20% doesn't sting at all but I remember another 10% serum stinging me a bit for the first few days. I don't know if it's a difference between the brands or if my skin simply got used to it and had no issues with the 20%.

Word of warning, since you have sensitive skin - BE CAREFUL! 20% is a pretty high concentration and not one that people with sensitive skin should start out with.

Sorry again for missing your post Angel

thoughtcrime wrote:
Mabsy, I received a sample of skinceuticals serum 20, and I'm guessing it's comparable to the vivier one you're using. Now we are about the same age and skin type (combo), except I have really sensitive skin... My question is how do you use the serum-- i.e. how many drops, where do you put it, and does it sting? I'm hesitant to try it as I think Vitamin C is too strong for my skin. Also is it ok to use for younger skins? I know you mentioned you're using it as a preventative measure. Any advice? TIA
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Judy is it this company?
http://www.revivecosmetics.com/

I would love to try this stuff but it is soooooo pricey!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Mabsy, for the info. I forgot about this!
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
ww.laprairie.com I've heard many good things about this line, Not saying you should do out and by a $550 cream but maybe try some samples, i'm currently trying out one of their serums, so far so good.
marmalade

Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ~

Some possible recs: for anti-aging, Renova or retin-A are commonly prescribed by derms for anti-aging (promote collagen production, increase cell turnover, address hyperpigmentation, etc), so if you can get an Rx for one - Renova being more emollient - that would be quite effective in the long-term. For OTC products, a stable retinol treatment like Afirm 3X or Green Cream (www.greencream.com) may have similar, albeit weaker, effects as the Rx treatments, and be milder. Also, vitamin C products, especially those that contain L-ascorbic acid and are stable (eg: SkinMedica, Neostrata's Total Radiance) are beneficial, as others have mentioned - they provide antioxidant defence, brighten and address hyperpigmentation, help in collagen synthesis, and work well with vitamin E. With regards to general hydration, Decleor's Iris and/or Angelique balms and their aromaessences would probably be helpful (as could Darphin's intral line, or Cetaphil cream for a drugstore option). AHAs have a temporary effect, but do improve the appearance of photoaged skin while they're being used, so use of a glycolic cleanser/treatment (MD Forte, Jan Marini) is also a possibility.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
You were asking about a recommendation for an eye creme. My mother-in-law suggested one to me that she gets from her plastic surgeon. (ssshhh! I'm not supposed to tell!) Shhh
I absolutely LOVE the "Super Moisturizing Eye Treatment" by Hylunia. The only problem is that you can only get it from dermatologists or plastic surgeons because of the concentrations. It has hyaluronic acid in it and colliodal silver. I saw results the first week I used it. It tightens up the skin in the eye area, but keeps the delicate under-eye skin very moist. It also has vitamin K, arnica, and turmeric extract to counter dark circles. It really does work. And the price is pretty reasonable compared to what I was paying for La Prairie eye creme. It runs about $50 per ounce. I was paying more than that for 1/2 an ounce. Crying or Very sad If any skin centers in your area carry it, I strongly suggest trying it.
Also, you might want to think about how much water you are drinking on a daily basis. You should take your weight, divide it in half, and drink that many ounces of water a day. Now, that's pure water, not soda, or coffee or tea, but pure H20! I know it seems like a lot, but you get used to it. It will make a huge difference in your skin in general. Wink
Good luck,
Padma
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |