Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do it yourself Glycolic Peels
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Do you DDY Glycolic peels? How and where do you buy it from and how often? The doctors office is way too expensive. Thanks! Very Happy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
You can, but you have to be really really careful, especially with anything over 30% You may want to try a lactic acid peel instead (dianayvonne.com has a good selection of ones by Professional Solutions). These are less irritating and easier to control.

If you want to know how bad it can be when it does go wrong, type in burnt my face off in the search engine and look for the post by me. The scars have only really faded in the last year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Do you mean DIY recipes or just doing them at home. I do it myself and I actually bought 40% glycolic acid peel for my first peel with no probs along with a 55% lactic acid peel. My skins a little tough so it can take a little bit more although I do have some sensitive spots.

I'd definitely start lower with smaller time increments if it's your first time doing peels or doing it yourself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Some links with good sources, at a lower cost. I have used each of these companys.

Glycolic or Lactic-
http://www.wizozkansas.com/GAbuy.htm

TCA -
http://www.bestskinpeel.com/default.php
http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/tcapeel.htm

Lactic, Fruit -
http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/16/

Lactic, TCA, others - EXCELLENT info to learn about peels.
http://www.platinumskincare.com/glycolic-acid-chemical-peels-30-40-50-60

Do use very carefully, not for the faint of heart.
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of Natura Bisse Glyco Peeling 25% beforefrom Neiman Marcus, after several times of use, I felt big difference on my face. It not only brighten up my face, my skin became smoother and got rid of all the acne scar. It was also very easy to use. The only thing prevents me from buying is the price, $130 for a bottle.

Since then, I haven't found any other at home peel or microdermabrasion products that gives me similar results.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Please be careful. Start with a low percentage, work up gradually and be prepared to flake like crazy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've purchased glycolic and lactic peels from makeupartistschoice.com They come with a good set of instructions and as long as you start at a low percentage and follow the directions exactly, you shouldn't have a problem. Also, you should use them more often than recommended (sorry, I don't remember how often that was).
brightmind
5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I am happy with ifeel pretty - AHA/BHA products.
I am also really happy with Diana Yvonne lactic acid products. She has her acids in a nice serum type base which works really well. They are somewhat expensive for me, which is why I went naturally to ebay to check out some of the entrepreneurs that are located there. I ended up purchasing a GA kit 30 or 40-50-70 from an Ebayer WizOzKanasas -- don't think its a great company to buy from. The owner is really nice, but not real knowledgeable. She shipped chemicals without proper packaging and all the labels (laser printed) fell off and liquid (which is a chemical) spilled inside. Additionally, she did not really know about buffer solutions. There are no ingredients posted on her ebay store. I'd stay away from ebay in general for acid purchases.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Janie, I'm interested in this too. From the looks of some other forum messages, we need to be very careful. There are two posts I've read today of people doing at home peels with bad results. Good luck & keep us posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased 50% glycolic from Make Up Artists Choice and 88% Lactic acid from GOW... I've found them too strong, though I've never been burnt. Just some redness and I got a little swollen once.

I believe I've asked before, but never got an answer ~ Does anyone know how to cut the percentage in half? Does mixing 50/50 with water do this?

Thanks.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:41 am      Reply with quote
mixing a 50% with equal amounts of distilled water will result in 25%, yes.

I don't recommend using anything stronger than 30% for the home- I wouldn't risk it, but that's my 2 cents.

I'd start out with frequent 15% and move up to a 30.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
ailurophile wrote:
mixing a 50% with equal amounts of distilled water will result in 25%, yes.

I don't recommend using anything stronger than 30% for the home- I wouldn't risk it, but that's my 2 cents.

I'd start out with frequent 15% and move up to a 30.

Thank you so much! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Are there any other reviews on DIY peels? I'm quite interested in this and also some spot treatment
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Are you thinking about face or body peels? I have done both myself. My skin is tough though, even 70% on my body won't do much.

For my face, TCA works better that Glycolic acid especially for spot treating. I love TCA Complex from Perfect Complexion. However the Miracle Peel from them does nothing for me (wish I had that $69 back), I even tried a 2nd layer peel and doing one after a Pumpkin peel. It will burn a little, more of an itch for me, but I get very little peeling.

I still have some Glycolic I purchased from Ebay, a 30%, 50%, 70% combo pack, so I'm going to try 30% again on my face and neck, so I'll let you know how it goes. I just did the Miracle Peel a few days ago ( I figure I'll use it up) so maybe the combot will do something.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Glominerals Contour Kit - Medium to Dark (13.2 g / 0.46 oz)