Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Detox... I had a wonderful experience, for weight and skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
@doba & tamgirl

I have both books the fast track (FT) detox and the fat flush (FF). These are 2 totally different programs.

As you know the FT detox is an 11 day program. I have looked everywhere but potatoes are not allowed in that program. You can have brown rice. it mentions on page 165 potatoes in the process of bringing it to the next level, what after the FT detox? You should start slowly bringing in starches and carbs. From all potatoes I believe the sweet potato is the best choice but only after you finished the FT program.

The FF consists out of 3 phases. The first phase looks a lot like the FAST Track. In the FF you can have sweet potatoes in the 2 and 3th phase.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
The information I got regarding the sweet potatoes was in the Fast Track forum, not Fat Flush forum and why I chose to add sweet potatoes. I actually found the book to have a lot of inconsistencies in it and I think there is definite room for interpretation. Just some examples....it says specifically to avoid all forms of sugar and lists honey. However, one of the recipes for the detox plan calls for honey! She also mentions in one part of the book to stay away from EVOO but then lists it as a requirement to be taken daily on the detox plan.

It's my interpretation, and the interpretation of the moderators on the website, that you can eat anything not listed under the "no-no's" as long as you stay organic. The book doesn't seem to specifically address what you can and can't eat other than the provided lists which is what makes this all so confusing. Regardless I still feel this detox program worked perfectly for me.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I looked in the strict plan (path a) and there is no mentioning of a sweet potato or peas. Though if you want to do it easier like path B of C you are allowed to have 1 or 2 detractors. The results will be less as well.

In Fat Flush (which is a different program), a sweet potato is only allowed in Phase II & III.

All I can say when you see the shopping list for the Detox, there is no mentioning of sweet potatoes. To me all categories you can eat is precisely mentioned following track A. So on what page can you tell me where it states you can eat a sweet potato and still be on track A for instance?
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I know that forum I have been there as well too, but make sure you are in the Fast detox and not in the Fast Flush and which path your are following in the Fast track.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
In the Fast Flush a sweet potato is considered a carbohydrates (is it a friendly one), which you will have to avoid in the Detox or in the Phase I, so in Phase II you will start with small increments and work your way up to two servings a day in a 2 week time period
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
and what is EVOO?
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I find in the fast track detox on page 165, mentioning sweet potatoes, but that is in the chapter " taking it to the next level" so after the FTDetox program.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:

All I can say when you see the shopping list for the Detox, there is no mentioning of sweet potatoes. To me all categories you can eat is precisely mentioned following track A. So on what page can you tell me where it states you can eat a sweet potato and still be on track A for instance?

I also only ate the food in categories that are mentioned following track A.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Wow I think this book was not written very well based on how we're all understanding it. I thought the A, B, and C plans were only for after the detox, not during. And I said above that I found that you could eat sweet potatoes in the Fast Track, not Fat Flush, forum so they were specifically referring to eating sweet potatoes during the prequel/sequel.

Regardless, as I said before I think there is a lot open for interpretation, which is a shame on such an important topic! Confused If you were only allowed to choose from the list she gave, then why would she not specifically state that those are the only foods you can eat on the detox? Instead, she is saying to choose at least one from each group each day and avoid the specific foods listed as detractors. To me, everything else was fair game. For reference, on page 82 in the box called "Variety is the spice of life" she says to vary your food choices as much as you can and that the more different kinds of veggies/fruits you can eat, the greater your chance at success (summarized there). Then she ends it with "the main thing is to eat one item from each category". By the way she later on specifically states that if you don't need/want to lose a lot of weight (or are prone to depression) you can add other forms of fiber including nuts/seeds/friendly carbs including sweet potatoes (p. 84). However, even with a sweet potato for 3 of my prequel days I still lost 4 out of the 7 lbs I had to spare. This is another reason I feel I completed the detox correctly.

If you haven't already, I suggest you check out the fast track forum, particularly under the 2nd category (questions?). I just started reading through several of them and that's where I found a lot more information from the moderators.

Oh and EVOO - extra virgin olive oil...HTH!
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have been on that forum you will see my name as well too, as I was trying to find the best way to do this.

I think I find the anwer by the way on page 82
it states if you do not need to lose weight or if you are prone to depression you can also choose from these sources of fiber

nuts and seed: one serving would be a handful of almonds, walnuts...etc.
friendly carbs: a single serving of chickpeas, lentils etc. and 1 small potato

So then you will only cleanse your body but not really loose weight.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
khyarrington - You're silly girl! Laughing You must not be reading my posts all the way through because I just posted about page 82 above yours. And I also explained that you can obviously still lose weight with this added fiber plan as I sure did. Very Happy

Oh well, I'm just glad I made it through and definitely feel much better. However, I have to admit that I am VERY much looking forward to sushi tonight! Laughing

aries - how's it going?
lindia99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Good posting. Thanks for sharing. Probably I would save this post for reference after my first pregnancy Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi well my intention and as well doba was to loose weight, so there is now way I would eat sweet potatoes Smile So depending for what reason you are doing it .... you follow a route. The program was merely designed to clean and jumpstart weightloss.

I'm now going on the FATflush, I will be in stage I for 2 weeks, which is approx the same as the DETOX, only add a glass of lemon+water in the morning and drink cranberry juice through the day. In the next phase II you can start adding carbs, like a sweet potatoe, and move up, then you go to stage III. It takes 6 weeks in total.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
Hi well my intention and as well doba was to loose weight, so there is now way I would eat sweet potatoes Smile So depending for what reason you are doing it .... you follow a route. The program was merely designed to clean and jumpstart weightloss.

I'm now going on the FATflush, I will be in stage I for 2 weeks, which is approx the same as the DETOX, only add a glass of lemon+water in the morning and drink cranberry juice through the day. In the next phase II you can start adding carbs, like a sweet potatoe, and move up, then you go to stage III. It takes 6 weeks in total.

I have this book, too. Just remember that you should not eat carrots while you are in Phase I, but I think that you can have cucumbers and tomatoes.
I did get the book; however, I think that I prefer the Detox. Some of the things that you have to eat on the FatFlash diet do not look appealing to me (like two times a day psyllium husk or to drink the flaxseed oil Shock ).
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
drinking that Life cocktail doesn't sound very appealing Smile in fact I did it this morning, it doesn't taste bad or something there is something in your drink thats weird. go ask someone on the forum or that somehow can be substituted Smile

I'm going to the Netherlands next month and think I can more easily do the Fat Flush, as it is easier with the vegetables (not one portion of that but choices of), I do not even know what the dutch word for cilantro is Smile

well lets see, I'm dying to loose another 6 pounds and then I would be around pre pregnancy weight.

In the Fast Flush cookbook are some very yummie menus.

@ doba will you keep doing the Detox periodically?. How do you feel. I still feel really good Smile
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:

@ doba will you keep doing the Detox periodically?. How do you feel. I still feel really good Smile

Yes, I will try to do the Detox periodically, like three times in two months. Smile
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Tamgirl? What book did you puchase that has all this detox diet info, please?
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
to lafemme, the book is called Fast Track One day Detox Diet, you can purchase it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Track-One-Day-Detox-Diet/dp/0767920457

Or look on Ebay, but be aware there is one seller out there that only sells the Miracle Juice recipe, makes sure you buy the book.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hkyarrington,

How is the Fat Flush going?
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Doba,

I'm doing good, I'm 125lbs now, so in a month time I lost 12 pounds ... I didn't realize until later I can't have olive oil for the 2 first weeks, eeks. Quess I need to cook in Broth or I'm reading about a way to do it with flaxseed and water.....

I don't loose that much anymore as in the beginning, but my body must have lost lots of inches, I can wear my old clothes again (but then I was about 118 lbs), especially my thighs.

I also found a Traders Joe nearby with very good prices on organic food, it hardly is more expensive now. I'm considering buying organice beef/Fish/chicken on the website in the book.

How are you doing? Are you back on the Detox?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Hkyarrington,

Yes, I am back on Detox. Today is my second day. I hope that it will work for me again. The first time I lost 6.5 lbs and kept it, this time I am hoping for at least 5 more lbs. I'll let you know after I'll be done. I am planning to do it again the first week of April.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
@doba, wish you good luck, I think it will work:) I just made the flaxcrackers and they are actually pretty good:) with warm apple and cinnamon Smile

On what day are you now?

I think I could go on a long time on this diet, I really do not miss the detractors...
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
@doba, wish you good luck, I think it will work:)

On what day are you now?

I think I could go on a long time on this diet, I really do not miss the detractors...

I also don't miss the detractors very much. In addition, I do not feel hungry. So if it will work again I would like to do it as many times as needed in order to reach my goal which is a comfortable size 6. Smile I used to be size 2 (seven years ago) Shock , but since I am now older I don't think that my face will look good by being anything less than size 6 Rolling Eyes .

What size are you trying to achieve?
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
@ doba, I'm in between size 4-6 and want to be a 4, I use to be really tiny, but I do not want that anymore, I like to be around 117 pounds, it doesn't sound that far away now....

good luck and let me know how things are going?
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
ohmygosh I can't believe I just found this thread. I've read this book and the Fat Flush Book (ladies I've tried every diet out there.. twice)... I did the fat flush diet. I still drink my watered down cran cocktail but I never started the detox diet. I read the book a few weeks ago but chickened out on doing it.. *sigh* I'm sick right now but I really should try this one soon.. I read the book and all. I usually piggyback diets.. one after another after another Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |