Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Detox... I had a wonderful experience, for weight and skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Okay girls, I'm on my actual detox day and hungry! I know the book says you shouldn't really have hunger pangs but I don't see how that is possible. There was a period of about 2 hours where I wasn't hungry and that was after the first time to take 1 and 1/2 cups of juice. So am I doing this wrong or were either of you hungry as well?
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm sorry to ready your message so late Sad I should have thought about it. Yes by times I was hungry too, but I would sip sip (not drink everything at once) and it would go away and come back. My detox was yesterday and I really do nice relaxing things, a bath, a mask, a scrub, laying around and read... things like that. I would take a little walk ... things like that.

I really hope you are making it through the day:). Let me know?
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
@doba, I think in the book if you really really want to be fit and healthy there are people doing this 2 a month!!! I really needed to jumpstart myself as well, I gained a lot too (2 pregancies)... I think I will restart again in a week or 2. The nicest thing of this diet I find is that it is really healthy... and it shows in the skin also I haven't had an headache for so long ... I'm very happy to learn it works so good for your friends too Smile
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing! Very Happy I have tried to detox on a few occasions but have ended up stuffing up somewhere by eating chocolate or some other sort of junk food. Doubt
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Okay girls, I'm on my actual detox day and hungry! I know the book says you shouldn't really have hunger pangs but I don't see how that is possible. There was a period of about 2 hours where I wasn't hungry and that was after the first time to take 1 and 1/2 cups of juice. So am I doing this wrong or were either of you hungry as well?

I am sorry that you feel hungry.
I wasn't hungry at all. Two of my friends also did it and they were not hungry, either.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
@doba, I think in the book if you really really want to be fit and healthy there are people doing this 2 a month!!! I really needed to jumpstart myself as well, I gained a lot too (2 pregancies)... I think I will restart again in a week or 2. The nicest thing of this diet I find is that it is really healthy... and it shows in the skin also I haven't had an headache for so long ... I'm very happy to learn it works so good for your friends too Smile

I like it for the same reasons.
Plese let us know the final result you'll have this time (# of lbs lost) .
sahm
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Y'alls results are so impressive - I'm going to get the book! Is the one fast track book sufficient or do I need the fat flush series as well?

I've 20lbs that need to go from last Summer!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
sahm wrote:
Y'alls results are so impressive - I'm going to get the book! Is the one fast track book sufficient or do I need the fat flush series as well?

I've 20lbs that need to go from last Summer!

Fast Track book is sufficient. You don't need anything else.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Okay I made it through yesterday! Laughing It turns out that I was only really hungry for the first half of the day. I think my body just needed to adjust to the first skipped meal or two and then I was fine.

As far as weight goes, my actual detox day was a bit disappointing since the book says you will lose between 3-8 lbs on that one day and I only lost 1.5 lbs yesterday, but for the week I have lost a total of 4 lbs and I'm very happy about that. I've told hkyarrington that my goal was not to lose a whole lot of weight, since I'm pretty small as it is. This was more for detox reasons than anything. Regardless the weight loss was a very nice effect as well! Now I'm on to the sequel and very happy to have some healthy food back in my tummy.

Oh, and for any of you wondering, the miracle juice was very tasty. I thought it tasted identicle to apple cider except with cranberry instead. I did add the Stevia to it so it wouldn't be too tart for me to handle. This book is really eye opening to the amount of toxins we take in every day. It's rather frightening actually!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Okay..my official day also...and hungry also Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
to Tamgirl, i don't think she meant loosing so much pounds on one day. The one day detox means you're leading up to the one day detox and as a bonus you loose weight, 4 pounds for your frame and weight I think is a lot. You still have 3 more days to go so you could end up with a weightloss of 5-6 I think.

to doba I was 136.6 and now I'm 125 and that in a little over 3 weeks and two bad days in between (valentine and my huge dinnerparty Smile.

I'm thinking of going to the FatFlush 1 or 2, I have the book and saw some very nice things in there, for instance

for the eggs
stuffed tomato with tuna salad
1 6 ounce canned tuna in water, rinsed and drained
1 ts flaxseed oil
1/4 cup celery finely minced
2 ts onion finely minded
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 medium tomato

mix tuna, oil, celery, onion and turmeric togehter, Cut off the top of the tomato about 1/4 of the way down and save the top. Scoop out pulp, drain and stuff with tuna salad. Replace the top of the tomato.

You could mix it with mayonnaise (recipe is in the fastdetox book)

Stuffed tomato with Deviled Egg salad
2 eggs hard boiled
1/2 tsp flaxseed oil
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp dried mustard
1/2 tsp scallions finely minced
1/4 tsp garlic powder
pinch of cayenne (optional)
1 medium tomato

mash eggs, mix in oil, vinegar, mustard, scallions, garlic and cayenne. Cut off the tomato ..(see above)... and stuff with egg salad. Replace top.

For tamgirl

Burgers with Herbs (serves 4)
1.5 pounds lean ground beef
1 ts dried mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped

Preheat broiler, combine all the ingredients and shape into patties. Broil on nonstick broiler pan until done.

You could serve this with this sauce 2 tb:
(you make a 1 cup of this)
Pico de Gallo sauce
1,5 pounds fresh tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1 large red onion, finely chopped
2 jalapenos, seeded and minced (optional)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3 ts fresh lime juice
4 tsp chickenbroth

in a small bowl, mix all ingredients until well blended. Cover and let sit for at least 1 hour before serving.

Yesterday I made the spaghetti squash with sauce dinner and really it was almost the real thing:)
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
good luck ariesxtreme, the day is quick over

btw tamgirl I lost in the detoxday 1 pound, I don't think it would be possible to loose more in 1 day. The idea is now that your body is cleaned you should be able to loose weight easier.... still have to watch what we eat ofcourse:)
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks girls! I feel like a freakin rabbit Laughing

Okay a little confused since I don't have the book and just reading what I find on the web, once you've gone through the first 7 days..do you do it all over again? On that site I posted it says to repeat the steps again. Question

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi no you don't have to do it over again. Whenever you feel like. I think it is a great program to loose weight in short period of time.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
btw tamgirl I lost in the detoxday 1 pound, I don't think it would be possible to loose more in 1 day. The idea is now that your body is cleaned you should be able to loose weight easier.... still have to watch what we eat ofcourse:)

She specifically states over and over again in the book that the 3-8 lbs takes place over the one detox day, but I also can't see how that's possible. I was thinking that it was because the juice was going to really clean out your bowels, but I never had that reaction to it. I just peed a LOT! Laughing I rechecked the book several times to be sure about when the weight loss takes place, but that's what it says. Maybe she misstated it? Confused

Ariesextreme - hang in there! After my first serving of 1 1/2 cups I was okay pretty much for the rest of the day. I don't know how anyone can not get hungry on this day. After you've done the juice day, you do 3 more follow-up days eating the same things you did in the pre-quel, but you add probiotics (i.e. sauerkraut/yogurt) and sprouts (i.e. alfalfa/brocco). I think that is the only difference but hkyarrington and doba can correct me if I left something out. HTH and good luck!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
TAM,

So in the first 7 days how much can you eat? Is it as much as you want as long it's from the list of the things that are okay? Or are you limited to just a few servings from each group a day?

Sorry just a little hard to follow without the book.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
TAM,

So in the first 7 days how much can you eat? Is it as much as you want as long it's from the list of the things that are okay? Or are you limited to just a few servings from each group a day?

Sorry just a little hard to follow without the book.

No problem at all! You can eat as much as you want, quantities are not mentioned other than what you have to eat. Just make sure you do not eat ANY of the detractors though (i.e. sugar, white flour, gluten, alcohol, caffeine). You have that list too right?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I do have the list...oh this is gonna be sooo hard, no sugar? I live on bread and complex carbohydrates, whoa is me Laughing

Will give it my all though. I just had some broccoli Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
aries - I thought this was your detox day. Are you saying your on day 1 of the prequel? I guess I got confused. Yesterday was my detox day which is why I was hungry, although I was hungry on prequel days too...just eat more if you need to. Sweet potatoes and black beans were really helpful for me b/c they kept me full for long periods of time. I also bought some organic lean ground sirloin and made hamburger patties with pico/guacamole and it was delish! There's a lot more you can do than just veggies, but make sure you eat those and fruit (organic) too!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh sweet potatoes are okay? great! Oh I'm sorry, it's day 1 of the prequel. I won't be doing the detox for another 6 days or so.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
For sweetening you can use stevia, that really works.

I will have to look in the book, the way I understood it is flushing out the pounds, so you loose weight do the flushing (which takes care of all the bad things getting out of your system) and then the 3 days after to look your results in Smile.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
aries - I thought this was your detox day. Are you saying your on day 1 of the prequel? I guess I got confused. Yesterday was my detox day which is why I was hungry, although I was hungry on prequel days too...just eat more if you need to. Sweet potatoes and black beans were really helpful for me b/c they kept me full for long periods of time. I also bought some organic lean ground sirloin and made hamburger patties with pico/guacamole and it was delish! There's a lot more you can do than just veggies, but make sure you eat those and fruit (organic) too!

I don't think that you can have sweet potatoes and black beans. However, I maybe wrong. I was following the plan very carefully. Didn't eat anything but the foods she listed.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
I don't think that you can have sweet potatoes and black beans. However, I maybe wrong. I was following the plan very carefully. Didn't eat anything but the foods she listed.

I went to her website forum which is very helpful. There are many FQA's there and people asking about what they can and can't eat. It basically came down to you can eat anything except what is on the list of detractors, although someone said not white potatoes. The moderators specifically said legumes and sweet potatoes were fine. It is very helpful and apparently open to anyone who wants more info. HTH!
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
In the book you can either follow path A, B or C.

I did what doba did I followed everything what was in the lists and picked one out of it or more... I didn't had a sweet potato either but in the Fat Flush which is another program I think it is allowed.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
doba wrote:

I went to her website forum which is very helpful. There are many FQA's there and people asking about what they can and can't eat. It basically came down to you can eat anything except what is on the list of detractors, although someone said not white potatoes. The moderators specifically said legumes and sweet potatoes were fine. It is very helpful and apparently open to anyone who wants more info. HTH!

Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |