Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
ACV - a miracle cure in your kitchen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
I drink ACV in hot water with a little baking soda and honey twice a day. It's delicious, actually. I use Trader Joe's ACV (must have the "dust" at the bottom, or "mother," as it's called), and it tastes more like grownup apple cider than anything else.

I've been doing it about a month. It definitely stunts my appetite -- but honey in hot water would do that, too, I believe. I haven't noticed any great changes, but certainly no downside, either. I thought I'd try it; it couldn't hurt. Although I can get too heavy on the honey, I know. Laughing But I use local honey, and that helps with allergies. Rrrrright? Wink I tell myself.

It's now my morning and evening ritual. I don't drink coffee or tea, so it's a nice set of bookends to the day.

I got my ACV at TJ's too. I just mix it with plain filtered water. It tastes horrible. :-P
o88odianao88o
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I like ACV in my shampoo and conditioner because it keeps my color in. The reason for this is, according to what I've read on the forums, is that the acidity of the ACV neutralizes the alkalinity of hair dye.

It's also effective against heartburn. I don't know the best dosage-- I'd only heard of it from a friend who said a friend of his would drink maybe 1 cup, but that seems a little much! I've tried a few tablespoons and it seems to work!
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I started using this as a way to help my color stay longer and hoping it would add shine and it did! I didn't realize though that it would help w/ build up or dandruff at the same time because I noticed that in the time I've been using this, I haven't had any at all. I use this every time I wash my hair now and even though I don't mind the smell, it does go away after my hair is dry.......this stuff is amazing.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:16 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Sidda wrote:
I drink ACV in hot water with a little baking soda and honey twice a day. It's delicious, actually. I use Trader Joe's ACV (must have the "dust" at the bottom, or "mother," as it's called), and it tastes more like grownup apple cider than anything else.

I've been doing it about a month. It definitely stunts my appetite -- but honey in hot water would do that, too, I believe. I haven't noticed any great changes, but certainly no downside, either. I thought I'd try it; it couldn't hurt. Although I can get too heavy on the honey, I know. Laughing But I use local honey, and that helps with allergies. Rrrrright? Wink I tell myself.

It's now my morning and evening ritual. I don't drink coffee or tea, so it's a nice set of bookends to the day.

I got my ACV at TJ's too. I just mix it with plain filtered water. It tastes horrible. :-P

I don't think I would ever drink ACV... EEK! Mad
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Anyone heard of pineapple cider vinegar? I picked up a bottle of this in my travels recently. There were two brands on the supermarket shelf and I decided to lash out and get the “premium, organic, 100% natural fermentation” type - well it was only about US5 cents more than the “non-premium” Laughing

I did a google and could find references to pineapple vinegar, but not pineapple cider vinegar? Is there a difference or is it just labelling? Not even sure what “cider” means in this context.

BTW it tastes even worse than ACV, kind of sweet and sticky...
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
i'm using ACV on my scars and to combat acne, using it as a toner, or use it with tea tree oil to combact acne. Much as i hate the smell, i'm still sticking to the routine.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |