Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Helichrysum Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
You can get smaller amounts here:
But 1 oz is $58
http://www.nandaoils.com/essential-oils---a-to-k-helichrysum.html
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love helichrysum and use it to treat my rosacea and any areas with broken caps. It's a strong oil, though, and a little goes a long way. I bought an ounce of it once, and it went bad before I used even half of it. Such a shame and a waste. I wanted to cry. Sad

Are you sure you want a whole ounce? I add around 12-15 drops of helichrysum to an ounce of carrier oil(s)--I'm currently using jojoba and rose hip mix. I also add 12-15 drops each of German chamomile and lavendar essential oils, which would both be good for stretch marks as well. I don't think it's recommended to use an essential oil neat (undiluted) on skin.

I also love the helichrysum hydrosol. Keep it in the fridge and spritz the area once or twice a day. Check out the Nature's Gift Web site for good information on oils and hydrosols (http://www.naturesgift.com). I'm very happy with their products, but don't waste money on the 2 ml size because that size bottle is a pain! I've been happy with their 5 ml. Blue Mountain Herbs is also a good place to buy herbs and oils.

This is just me, but because of the short shelf-life and the desire for a high-quality product, I would not by an essential oil from any but a well-established company with a good rep (avoid E-Bay).

Cherisse wrote:
Where to buy at the best price?

I think Scalawaggirl gave me a link before, and it's about $88 per one oz. I just wonder if this is the best price I can get on this oil.

Thank you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm certainly not an expert, and I don't think you _have_ to add the chamomile and lavendar, I just think they would be helpful. Both are known for their healing and calming properties and have a history of being beneficial for skin. As for amount, again, I'm no expert, but I've read that it's typically 10-15 drops of essential oil per one ounce of carrier oil. (Be careful of using too much essential oil because it can sensitize and irritate the skin.) This formula works for me, and I experiment all the time. My current concoction is 2/3 ounce of jojoba, 1/3 ounce of rose hip, ~12 to 15 drops each of helichrysum, lavendar, and German chamomile.

There are some excellent, extensive, and informative threads about oils in the DIY forum (which is probably where this thread should be moved) Smile

Good luck!

bkkgirl wrote:
Jeannine, thank you so much for the formula. So I will have to get the German Chamomile and lavendar oil, too, to make it effective for stretch marks? I already got rose hip and jojoba, so what would be the number of drops from each oil to make a killer stretch mark treatment combo?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |