Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glotion for Body (150 ml / 5 floz)
A girl with the longest lashes I've ever seen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yesterday I saw a girl in my office building with the longest and curliest lashes I have ever seen. Must have been at least 1.5 cm on her top lashes. Could be more. They were all curled to perfection, not one lash out of place.

I was dying to ask if she was born with those, or used a super growth serum like JM or RL.

I couldn't ask because she was with my boss! Grrr...now the cat will never know. So curious!

Is 1.5 cm or 2 cm considered long for a JM user?
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe they were fakies?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen someone's lashes with almost 2 cms. but they dont look good. she put on mascara and it made her lashes heavy and dirty, just like two brushes.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
That's pretty long! I wish that you would have had the chance to ask; I'm curious too. Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
She's actually our auditor, so if the audit is still going on, then I might see her again, and I now wonder how I can bring up this delicate topic. Should I just go, "Ahh...are your lashes real?"

Or should I be a bit more diplomatic, "Wow, you have the longest lashes I've ever seen? What mascara are you using?"
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Or you could say, " you have the most beautiful lashes I've ever seen. Do you have any tips for someone like me?"

I hope you find out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Should I just go, "Ahh...are your lashes real?"

Laughing I'd take the more diplomatic route.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
Should I just go, "Ahh...are your lashes real?"

Laughing I'd take the more diplomatic route.

I think I'll take your advice! Laughing
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
I say you ease into it by complimenting and then casually asking, "so, are your lashes real?" Anxious

But I know how you feel of wanting to ask someone that you just can't at that very moment. For me the story is a bit different though. I was sitting in my Business Law class and this girl walks in and sits a seat in front of me. Of course because of this board, I take a glimpse at her face and all I could focus on was her eyelashes, they were so long! Perfectly curled, with a swipe or two of mascara, and I swear the longest lashes I've seen! But, as my luck has it, she seems to have a 'got it all, don't need anyone' type attitude where it seems a bit impossible to ask her about her lashes. I bet she'd enjoy the compliment though, lol. I don't know, well see. Next time I have BLAW, I'll take a look at her lashes again, and if they're now short and stubby I'll know that the other ones were fakies. I guess that that's the easy way to go about it. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
they have eye last transplant now and it grows as fast as regular hair and they have to cut it regularly. I think she might use that...
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
they have eye last transplant now and it grows as fast as regular hair and they have to cut it regularly. I think she might use that...

Really?! I haven't heard of that. I can't imagine having to trim my eyelashes! Shock
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I can't imagine asking a stranger if her eyelashes are real. Especially in a work environment. I'd also not ask a stranger if her breasts were real. This is pretty personal and, curious as we all are, none of our business. Confused Darn it.

Just compliment her -- with an incredulous tone to your voice -- and see what she says. That's all you can do, and still be a polite person.

Eyelash transplants are only for burn victims. We need our lashes to keep dust and grime from getting into our eyes. When you lose your lashes, you are much more likely to suffer eye infections and injuries.

I have a co-worker whose lashes are almost an inch long. When she wears mascara, it's hard to know how she holds her lids up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:

Eyelash transplants are only for burn victims. We need our lashes to keep dust and grime from getting into our eyes. When you lose your lashes, you are much more likely to suffer eye infections and injuries.

Now that makes sense... however, it would not surprise me in the least if someone other than a burn victim had this done. It sometimes makes me wonder to what lengths we will go in the quest for beauty. Shock
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
I can't imagine asking a stranger if her eyelashes are real. Especially in a work environment. I'd also not ask a stranger if her breasts were real. This is pretty personal and, curious as we all are, none of our business. Confused Darn it.

Just compliment her -- with an incredulous tone to your voice -- and see what she says. That's all you can do, and still be a polite person.

I have a co-worker whose lashes are almost an inch long. When she wears mascara, it's hard to know how she holds her lids up!

I will put my best acting face and voice if I ever see this lady again. LOL

I thought the eyelash transplants are a new cosmetic surgery trick. Didn't know it's only for burnt victims. I heard they have this in China, and it costs $10K (US).
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Check this out!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15768086/site/newsweek/from/ET/
http://www.baumanmedical.com/Default.aspx?tabid=125

Yikes! Shock
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
Check this out!

Yikes! Shock

Gross! Honestly....the long lashes are so sporadic, they look like bug legs.
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
after first when I read about this i was like.."how interesting..if i were brave and rich enough maybe I would do it." and then after I looked at the before and after photos from the 2nd link..i couldn't believe how horrible it looked! no matter how much that lady trimmed it..the hair just looks werid. and when she left it long..it looks scary!!! omg..thankgod i saw those photos.. Thanks so mcuh!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
forget the crazy lashes...I knew that would never be an option after seeing the chunk of hair cut from the scalp...ewwww

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
Check this out!

Yikes! Shock

That didn't look good at all. What a waste of money!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
Check this out!

Yikes! Shock

That is not at all attractive.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
Check this out!

Yikes! Shock

That is not at all attractive.

For these, I'd rather stick with my shorter lashes instead of spider-leg lashes.

Oh Carrie, where are thou?
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Not attractive? I agree but I think you're supposed to trim and curl them so it looks nice.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:
Not attractive? I agree but I think you're supposed to trim and curl them so it looks nice.

I can't imagine how you would get those very few lashes to look nice. eekkkk Maybe she opted for the cheapest option with only a handful of lashes transplanted. To get more, she would probably have to pay more. haha
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Nasty! They just look weird. Those are the photos they chose to put on the site, so I guess we can assume that no one else's results are that much better.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Nasty! They just look weird. Those are the photos they chose to put on the site, so I guess we can assume that no one else's results are that much better.

LOL. Agree! Bad Grin
System
Automatic Message
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glotion for Body (150 ml / 5 floz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml)