Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

A girl with the longest lashes I've ever seen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Geez, I'm going to have nightmares over those pictures. Looks like Igor was the surgeon and Elmo did the stitches..gross.

I will stick to my patient cold pressed castor oil method and mascara thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
Geez, I'm going to have nightmares over those pictures. Looks like Igor was the surgeon and Elmo did the stitches..gross.

I will stick to my patient cold pressed castor oil method and mascara thanks!

I know. They look horrible don't they? They look just like spider legs!! Crying or Very sad
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
they have eye last transplant now and it grows as fast as regular hair and they have to cut it regularly. I think she might use that...

Ouch. I'll stick with my DIY eyelash growth serum!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Yeeeoouch!!!! I too will stick with my eyelash serum.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Those lashes look hideous and very unnatural imo! Speak to the hand
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
fishzebby wrote:
they have eye last transplant now and it grows as fast as regular hair and they have to cut it regularly. I think she might use that...

What is your DIY eyelash growth serum? Have you noticed results? How long have you been using it?
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
is it by Carekate?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
fishzebby wrote:

Really interested. Do you mind telling us what you're using? Shock
shengyue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 am      Reply with quote
who can give me some advice to make my lashes longer?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
shengyue wrote:
who can give me some advice to make my lashes longer?

Most people here're using Revitalash or Jan Marini which is supposed to make lashes grow double in length or more. I'm using Revitalash. My lashes are growing but not doubled yet. I've been using it for 5 weeks or so. For some people it may take 60 days or more.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Woohoo....I ran in to the auditor (the girl with the longest lashes I have ever seen - the one who inspired this thread), and I just casually asked her, "What kind of mascara do you use?"

She said, "I think it's Cover Girl. It's the waterproof kind, so it's kind of hard to remove it at night."

I asked if she used any curler, or if her lashes are naturally curly, and she said they're naturally curly, and she never touched a curler in her life.

So I guess she's just a lucky girl who was born with long curly lashes. That answered my question and appeased my curiosity. hehe
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
... I just casually asked her, "What kind of mascara do you use?"

She said, "I think it's Cover Girl. It's the waterproof kind, so it's kind of hard to remove it at night."

I asked if she used any curler, or if her lashes are naturally curly, and she said they're naturally curly, and she never touched a curler in her life. ...

She might be lying right to your face, you know! She might actually be a devoted Jan Marini user and her lashes might even be permed. Who knows - maybe they're extensions?

Its always a possibility. Laughing
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
My bf has very nice and long lashes. He doesn't use anything, I am sure.

Occasionally when he is asleep I will get very close to his face, exam his lashes carefully for a few seconds, and secretly wish they were mine Razz
lindia99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:

Occasionally when he is asleep I will get very close to his face, exam his lashes carefully for a few seconds, and secretly wish they were mine Razz

j0g6345, you are so funny!
I found that many indians have longer lashes. Probably this is inherited.
lindia99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to use Talika to make my lashes longer. It is not very effective for the upper lashes but the lower lashes do become longer and more. It seems that some eye cream can also stimulate lashes. Must be some ingredient, I think. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
i knew a girl that had very long lashes and when ever she put on mascara it would look really nasty for some reason. they would look like fly legs..hehehe..
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby wrote:
i knew a girl that had very long lashes and when ever she put on mascara it would look really nasty for some reason. they would look like fly legs..hehehe..

Ewwww....I am glad my lashes aren't looking like fly legs or spider legs. That's creepy and crawley. haha
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
... I just casually asked her, "What kind of mascara do you use?"

I asked if she used any curler, or if her lashes are naturally curly, and she said they're naturally curly, and she never touched a curler in her life. ...

She might be lying right to your face, you know! She might actually be a devoted Jan Marini user and her lashes might even be permed. Who knows - maybe they're extensions?

Its always a possibility. Laughing

She might be lying, but I doubt it's extensions b/c I had them before, and I know you can't always look perfect with them. Some will fall and make you look bald in spots. Maybe I should have pretended to fall and had to grab hold of her lashes for support, and see if any of them came loose?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
The same gal just stopped by my office and told me the name of the mascara she uses is Cover Girl Fantastic Lash.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
The same gal just stopped by my office and told me the name of the mascara she uses is Cover Girl Fantastic Lash.

Awww that was sweet of her. Dang ANOTHER mascara I must try. I am becoming lash obsessed as mine have really grown so much since I got all the great advice here. Talika next on the list as I just bought the RevitaLash from EDS.

Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Awww that was sweet of her. Dang ANOTHER mascara I must try. I am becoming lash obsessed as mine have really grown so much since I got all the great advice here. Talika next on the list as I just bought the RevitaLash from EDS.

Thanks.

I went to Target last night, and saw the Cover Girl Fantastic Lash for about $5. They're running a 10% off deal on Cover Girl mascaras. (Woohoo...you'll save a whopping 50 cents!) I didn't buy it as I am trying not to use any mascara while I'm using RL right now.
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Sidda wrote:
I can't imagine asking a stranger if her eyelashes are real. Especially in a work environment. I'd also not ask a stranger if her breasts were real. This is pretty personal and, curious as we all are, none of our business. Confused Darn it.

Just compliment her -- with an incredulous tone to your voice -- and see what she says. That's all you can do, and still be a polite person.

Eyelash transplants are only for burn victims. We need our lashes to keep dust and grime from getting into our eyes. When you lose your lashes, you are much more likely to suffer eye infections and injuries.

I have a co-worker whose lashes are almost an inch long. When she wears mascara, it's hard to know how she holds her lids up!

I will put my best acting face and voice if I ever see this lady again. LOL

I thought the eyelash transplants are a new cosmetic surgery trick. Didn't know it's only for burnt victims. I heard they have this in China, and it costs $10K (US).

You can get it in Toronto - not reccomended for those with curly hair becuse they take some of your real hair from behind your head, and yes, it could be too curly.

BTW - it's really painful to see the procedure pics. turned me off!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:14 am      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:

LOL. You are soo cute! Laughing I do the same with my hubby. Cool
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:17 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Maybe I should have pretended to fall and had to grab hold of her lashes for support, and see if any of them came loose?

rofl Shame on you Shame on you
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
koolade wrote:

You can get it in Toronto - not reccomended for those with curly hair becuse they take some of your real hair from behind your head, and yes, it could be too curly.

BTW - it's really painful to see the procedure pics. turned me off!

I have wavy hair. I don't think I would ever get it done, as I don't want my eyelashes to be growing out looking like pubes! Shock
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |