Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hooray! Petfinder and Bissell posted Forest's story!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
February is adopt-a-rabbit month, so the nice people at Petfinder and Bissell asked to print Forest's story to encourage other people to give bunnies homes too. What a cutie, right?^-^

http://www.bissell.com/NewsLetters/ListArticles.asp?Page_id=27877&Article_id=501

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! You and Forest are famous!! Wink Congratulations! Very Happy

It's a great article to promote Petfinders. Smile
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
You must be one proud mummy. Yay Forest the celeb rabbit!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
He is so cute and is very lucky to have found you. I read the story and it touched my .
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
What a great story!!! Forest is such a cute bunny ... I'll never forget that cute picture you'd posted where you can see his fluffy feet. Very Happy Precious!! I didn't realize he'd had to have all his teeth removed! Poor baby! He's so lucky to have you both to take care of him. Smile
ablubo80
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats Liz! I am sure a sweeter mommy to a bunny there could not be. He is such a doll! Do you happen to know how domestic rabbits do with young children?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
kandaboersma wrote:
Congrats Liz! I am sure a sweeter mommy to a bunny there could not be. He is such a doll! Do you happen to know how domestic rabbits do with young children?

Thank you, kandaboersma! To answer your question, bunnies usually aren't recommended as pets for young children for the simple reason that most bunnies don't like to be picked up, and they can even hurt themselves if they try to escape from someone's grip too vigorously, so adding a bunny to the family means a little more work since you have to teach the kids to pat but not pick up. That being said, DH and I are really looking forward to the day when we have little 'uns and we can watch them interact with our bunnies. Cute story: a little while back I took Forest in to the vet for a check up. On my way out, I passed a mom with 2 kids: a little girl of 4 or 5, and a little boy of 1 or 2 in a stroller with a pacifier in his mouth. When I walked by, the little girl peered into Forest's carrier to see who was in there, and she asked me "Is there a cat in there?" I said that it was a bunny, and I thought it would be a nice chance for her to see a bunny up close, so I brought Forest out for some love. The little girl gently pat Forest and said to him "Oh Forest, you're so soft!" Then I noticed the little guy in the stroller was reaching out toward Forest, so I brought him over and the little guy ever so gently gave Forest some pats---- and the smile on his face was just priceless! Finally I put Forest back into his carrier, and the little girl waved and called out "Good bye, Forest!", while the little guy with the pacifier reached out again in Forest's direction. So cute!!

If you are thinking about adding a bunny to the family, I would HIGHLY recommend going to an animal rescue place that specializes in rabbits, like the House Rabbit Society, for example. Bunnies are like people, and some are quite aloof and independent, but the rabbit rescue people will know all of the bunnies at the shelter well, and they would be able to show you which bunnies would be the cuddliest and the most gentle. Plase let me know if you have any more questions!

Oh, and take a look at this adorable book about a baby and a bunny:
http://www.amazon.com/Bunny-Me-Adele-Greenspun/dp/043914700X/sr=1-1/qid=1170909464/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-0016320-2819111?ie=UTF8&s=books

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
it's lovely to hear of happy pets story Smile i'm so glad you and forest found each other. how is he doing without any teeth.. the poor bunny.

would you please post more pics of forest?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Yay Forest! What a lucky lil' guy! I am so happy for you, DH and Forest to have found each other! Very Happy

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
It's clear that you, your hubby and Forest were meant for each other! I truly hope your story inspires others to give loving homes to all the bunnies in need!

Mary Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |