Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Long Lasting Anti-aging product recommendations?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aiz

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to this forum. I found this place while looking for personal reviews of some anti-wrinkle products to get for my Mom's birthday that's coming up in a month or so.

She's turning 49 soon, and since she didn't take care of her skin when she was younger, she has wrinkles (well, mostly laugh/frown lines) and very visible sags under her eyes. Her skin feels saggy overall >_<

So, I was hoping to find a product that can at least help firm her skin and reduce some of the wrinkles with lasting results. She probably won't be very diligent in keeping up with skin care, so I was looking for products that won't completely reverse once stopped using it.

I was actually researching that Athena 7-minute product when I found this site. But apparently it's only a VERY temporary fix (only several hours before reapplication's needed), I crossed it off. She's currently using some Shiseido stuff that I made her to buy a few months back (T__T they were only supposed to last her for like 2 months, but she's over 4 months into them and there's still more than 2/3 left >_< *sighs*)

So, I was wondering if there are anything that can help firm the skin, reduce sags, fix wrinkles with minimal maintenance? The effects don't have to be awe-striking, but just enough to help her look a bit younger. (I think her biggest concerns are the bags under her eyes). Or am I just dreaming of impossible things?

And oh, I was going to buy her a box of that Primavera Wild Rose Face Oil Capsules on top of an anti-aging product. Any recommendations on other facial oils options?

Anyhow, thank you all for taking the time to read this post ^-^.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aiz
There are so many proven things your mother could improve her skin with: a good gentle cleanser, Vit C, retinoids, AHAs etc etc all reasonably priced, but the trouble is it takes months of diligent, regular use to get results and then there is maintenance and protection - so antioxidants and SS every day.

If she only uses something occasionally she won't get results. I know this because my mother is always asking me what I use, but when I give her stuff she uses it so irregularly that it's pointless.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:25 am      Reply with quote
What Molly said.

For me, it took 6 months of diligent daily and nightly skincare, including yoghurt masks 5 nights a week, to get my skin to a condition I am only reasonably happy with.

Because I had a limited budget, it was all DIY, educating myself from websites such as Skin Actives, The Herbarie, Garden of Wisdom, Skin Interactives and EDS.

Also, intensive research on Google. I think I saved a lot of money this way, but it was hours and hours of research, PLUS being religious about putting on the skincare.

The average person might start to feel the effects on their skin within 2 weeks, but for anyone else to actually see and comment on improved skin, don't expect this for about 2 to 3 months.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:30 am      Reply with quote
I personally think Shiseido is way over-priced and doesn't achieve that much.

Take a look at the Skin Actives website, ask a few questions on their forum or email their principal. If you are not into DIY, they do have a few readymade formulations including an anti-age cream.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aiz

What Molly said as well. That said, I guess she does have some kind of skincare regimen? Maybe some alphaderma from the jansen beckett line they sell at eds. Sometimes they do kits which are a bit cheaper as well and contain the wash prep and alphaderma creme. If her skin is very dry though she may need something else on top, I know I do! I think hte alphaderma has sunscreen in it as well, which she could probably do with!

5% products discount

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
hey so i have tried a couple of facial serums and here is my recomendations;
-Nefara's L.F.H. facial serum
-Jenulence's anti-wrinkle anti-oxidant serum for mature skin.

those are the best ones that i have found so far.
hope it helps,
Aiz

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much for the answers.

I couldn't call her skincare a regimen..it only consists of slapping on some toner, moisturizer, and eye cream at night (The Shiseido stuff). Her skin is neither dry nor oily, just normal.

As for the price, since it's for her birthday, I'm not too concerned with that, just as long as it's effective. I guess I'll have to make sure she takes care of herself regularly from now on since it seems diligence is really required to get any results. Well, then are there any products with relatively fast results so to motivate her to keep it up after the initial period that she's willing to stick to?

And since the most I could get her to do is agree to put on some stuff everyday, I doubt a long and complexed regimen would work for her >_<. It would be great if there were 1 or 2 products that can do the work without all the different bottles and steps that would only confuse her.

Molly, do you have any recommendations to what products contain what you mentioned (Vit C, retinoids, AHAs...) and give relative fast results?

I looked at AlphaDerma CE, and the description seems nice. How well does it really work? Since I know next to nothing about choosing skincare products myself, I might get that if it works and there's nothing better in that class available.

Or rather, what's the most effective, fast, and simple product in anti-wrinkle? (I'm probably asking for the impossible again, but I can't help it ^^; )

Thanks again.

Edit: Ah, Organiclover, thanks for the recommendations, how fast did results appear for you with those products?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Aiz wrote:
Molly, do you have any recommendations to what products contain what you mentioned (Vit C, retinoids, AHAs...) and give relative fast results?

To be honest Aiz that's quite difficult because I wouldn't recommend either retinoids or AHAs unless she was committed to wearing a good sunscreen every day.

Another thing is we all try a lot of products before we find what suits us best individually.

How about getting some travel/sample sizes of things then she can play around and she might find something she really likes.

For example
Alphaderma has a 5 day sample set or a travel pack
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/alphaderma-anti-ageing.htm
Cellcosmet has a trial kit
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/sets-promotions-m_78_84.htm
Nia24 has travel sizes
http://skin-etc.stores.yahoo.net/nitrsipr.html

You can also get samples of Remergent for free I think if you're in the US
HTH Molly Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |