Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

going sephora shopping
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Im going sephora shopping! yay, im from BC canada so we dont have a sephora here. Can anyone recommend the must haves from sephora? The things that EDS doesnt carry? Never shopped at sephora before
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Just hang on tight to your credit card. I can get so out of control in that store. Unfortunately for me, I have one only 5 minutes away from where I work. Shock I like having their artist to give me a new make up session. Just to see what's out there and I usually end up buying it all.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
There are too many items to even begin a list. Smile My best advice is to give yourself a lot of time in Sephora; you'll be mad at yourself if you leave and then remember something that you were dying to try. Believe me, once you walk in there, any plan of attack that you had will be forgotten. Wink

But I do have a request -- if you happen to see the new LaVanila fragrances, please try one out and report back with your opinion. Very Happy
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooo, my favorite store. I go every other weekend! Oh, the makeup, the skincare, they have everything! I just received a package today from Sephora. I ordered Laura Geller Spackle Primer, Lip & Eye Spackle and Duo Concealer, also got Fusion Beauty Glow Fusion self-tanner. They don't sell Laura Geller in their store so I had to order through their website.

I don't know what to suggest to you since EDS does carry a lot of the items they have at Sephora.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely smell/test the Carol's Daughter products. The Almond Cookie body cream smells soooooo delicious!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
There's too many lines.. I like clarins and boscia. T3 for hair tools.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hit them up for samples. I went there recently with a friend and they can be stingy. I ended up buying about $100 worth of products so it wasn't like I was just scamming them for freebies.

Definitely check out the beauty tools section as you may find hard-to-find things there. You may want to pick up the Tarte eyelash curler that Carekate recommends. I did and I love it Very Happy I also am loving the Decleor Aromessence Neroli sample (for all skin types) -- they were out of Angelique (dry skin). I bought Caudalie's new Moisturizing Concentrate and like it as well as a small Beauty Elixir. As you can tell, I like aromatherapy based products Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
If you're going to be in the area for more then one day, go in and get a ton of samples. They'll give you samples of everything. Even if you only have one night to use them, it will give you a little perspective.
If you're only going to be near it for one day, go in and look, smell and feel everything, then go have a cup of tea. If it's a big Sephora, it can be overwhelming. Take a deep breath and go back in....
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I love Sephora. It's like being in a candy store. Which reminds me, I have a gift card to use up. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
If you have any interest in MD Forumulations products(which EDS carries, but doesn't sell in Canada), they are available at Sephora!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
sephora is not as generous with giving gifts, even they let u try alot. I am still sticking with macy's or bloomingdale during beauty sale. Or, another alternative is to get gift card first from ebay.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
if you happen to see the new LaVanila fragrances, please try one out and report back with your opinion.
I've got the straight-up vanilla one -- the scent is divine (the other two were too "flowery" for me -- gave me a perfume migraine), but I'm not sure it's worth the money for the alleged "skin friendly" ingredients -- I personally don't see any benefits to my skin when I'm wearing the LaVanilla as opposed to any other scent and am inclined to think the hype over the botanicals and anti-oxidants is a bunch of hooey....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Hit them up for samples. I went there recently with a friend and they can be stingy.
Which is ironic, because they get pissy if you buy a bunch of stuff and end up returning it all because it didn't work for you! At which time, the manager or SA will say "next time, ask for samples first...." Mad

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |