Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WOW!!!! Burt's Bees Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
As usual, there's a story for how I got my paws on this product. On top of the usual complaints of dry skin, the cold winter weather this year has also caused a patch of eczema on my hand to flare up, and it also caused the corners of my lips to become terribly dry overnight and to crack. I tried everything to heal my lips, and nothing worked until I discovered Carekate's Herbal Skin Salve. It worked like a charm and healed my lips right up, and it worked well on my eczema too. However, when I tried to order a full size jar from Carekate, the new jar I got was a new formulation which unfortunately did not work for me AT ALL. When I tried to rub the new skin salve into my skin it would just ball up and flake off, and if I tried to put on a layer and not rub it in, it would just dry to an icky crust on my skin. I tried contacting Carrie to see if the old formulation was still available, but I haven't heard back from her yet, so I've been searching on my own for a replacement.

This is where Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment comes in. This is one of those products that I've seen a million times in the store, but I never would have dreamed of buying it if it hadn't been for all the overwhelmingly positive reviews I read on drugstore.com and MUA. It was only $4.99 at my local grocery store, so I thought, why not give it a shot, right? The result? As I said in the heading, WOW!!!! First of all, I put a dab in the corners of my lips before I went to bed, and in the morning I looked in the mirror and saw no redness or scaliness, and best of all, no cracks!!! Next I decided to try it on my eczema patch. The skin that is afflicted with the eczema was cracked open in several places, and it was itching, oozing, etc etc--- just horrible! So, I put a thick glob of this Res-Q ointment on it, covered it with a bandage, and went about my day. The first thing I noticed was that the itching stopped almost immediately. The next thing I noticed was when I took off the bandage at night, the cracks were actually healed up, and my eczema was greatly improved!!! Since then I've also tested it on various cuts, scrapes, etc, and each time it has significantly helped with the healing time, as well as the irritation. The cracks in the corners of my lips have vanished completely, I might add.

This ointment comes in a cute little green metal tin. The ointment itself has a green-ish tint to it (maybe from the olive oil???), but fear not, it doesn't actually color your skin. It also has a lovely lavender scent. I plan on going back and buying several tins to give to various family members---- it's my opinion that every woman should have a tin of this green goodness on their vanity or in their purse!

I bought this ointment at my local grocery store for $4.99, but you can also buy it at various drugstores and at drugstore.com. As usual, I'd be happy to CP this for members who can't get this in their country.

Ingredients:
Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Tocopherol Acetate & Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lavender Oil, Comfrey Leaf & Root Extracts

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Aww, Liz, I am SO gonna have to give you a huge BB list of stuff I want... I am fanatic about having a cupboard full of creams and naturopath meds for treatment "in case" since once you get sick or whatever you usually dont feel much like trying to hunt down something (or else it happens at the most inconvenient time - like when I burned my DH back with men's nair when he was about to leave for the airport and fly to Europe Laughing Embarassed )

Anyway, yet again I have digressed from what I really wanted to ask:

Have you ever tried Smith's Rosebud Salve? I have an unopened tin of this here (courtesy of EDS Very Happy ) and wondered how it compares:

This cult-favorite, multi-purpose lip balm soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns. Try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and relieve dryness. Also an excellent remedy for the treatment of diaper rash.

We dont have trouble with eczema in our house, but I am prone to developing very dry spots (well, doc said a kind of eczema, but never cracks and oozes).. first time I got one as a kid I still remember mum rushing me to the doc thinking I had ringworm. Shock Laughing

tiger_tim, your wish is my command! I'll get you stocked with all manner of Burt's goodies! As for the Rosebud salve, I've tried it and I'll be honest: it's ok, but the Res-Q ointment is a bajillion times better.

praia98, I agree, the Badger products are absolutely fabulous. Unfortunately for me a lot of them contain castor oil so I have to stay away, but I would not hesitate to recommend them to other people.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, major update!!!! Ok, so I know you aren't supposed to wax your eyebrows when you are on tazorac, but I'm too addicting to waxing to stop so it's just a risk I'm willing to take. Anyways, so I had my brows done today and all went well except for a small patch under my brows where I think a little skin might have come off--- after the waxing was done the area was red, raw, inflamed, and it hurt too! Luckily I always carry a tin of this res-q ointment, so I dabbed some on and headed home. What I noticed right away was that after I applied the res-q, my skin was soothed and the pain went away. When I got home I tentatively looked in the mirror, not wanting to see how bad the patch under my eyebrow looked, and WOW!!!! The redness was gone, the swelling and irritation were both gone--- I'm serious, it looked like I hadn't even had my eyebrows done today! For someone like me who is so prone to redness, having the redness completely disappear in 15 minutes is an amazing record! A big thank you to Burt and his miraculous bees!!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Another update: this stuff has become such a holy grail staple for me, and I've bought a few more tins so I always have some on hand. The other day I was rushing around the house getting ready to leave, and I was late as usual. The last thing I did before I left was the hastily lick an envelope closed so I could pop it in the mail on my way out. Unfortunately in my haste I ended up with an extremely nasty, painful paper cut right next to my lip, yeowch! I was already late so I didn't have time to do anything except dab a bit of this res-q ointment on the cut and then run. However, within seconds of applying the ointment I noticed that the pain was gone, and when I got to the car and looked in the mirror I saw that the redness was gone too. It's a very rich ointment so I was afraid I might get clogged pores from having it on my face, but clogged pores never materialized. I love this stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE this stuff too! It works great for bruises as well as cuts and scrapes. I tried it for the first time on a camping trip when I got these huge ugly nasty bruises, you know the purple and green and yellow kind. LOL Well I started applying the ointment on a couple of the larger bruises about 3 times a day and noticed an improvement very quickly. By 3 days they were almost all gone, whereas the areas I hadn't applied the ointment the bruises lasted over a week. It's now a staple for me whenever I travel and camp.

5% products discount

Sun May 06, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
The Res-Q Ointment really appears to cuts down on healing time. Four days ago I had a blemish on my chin that was unfortunately involved in nasty accident between my fingers and my stupidity! Embarassed I have been applying this salve several times a day, and the ugly mess I created is pretty much healed. Normally, this type of thing would have lasted for at least a week. I am liking this stuff a lot.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |