Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Just say no to Eyelash extensions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:12 am      Reply with quote
patrice wrote:
smart thinking poo...i will do just that. thanks for the tip. Wink

You're welcome! I use Ardell in the AM and RL in the PM, too.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:54 am      Reply with quote
[quote="bkkgirl"]I just want to let those of you who have been wondering whether to get the eyelash extensions done know that it's not worth it.

First of all, it costs a lot of money for the first time around. For me, it was $150 + tip. Before I did it, they told me it would last 3 months, but what I found out was I had to get a refill every 2-3 weeks. Each refill costs $50 + tip. This is extremely high maintenance./quote]

It would be cheaper to buy false eyelashes. Imagine what you could have gotten with your $150.00+.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Rufus"]
bkkgirl wrote:
I just want to let those of you who have been wondering whether to get the eyelash extensions done know that it's not worth it.

First of all, it costs a lot of money for the first time around. For me, it was $150 + tip. Before I did it, they told me it would last 3 months, but what I found out was I had to get a refill every 2-3 weeks. Each refill costs $50 + tip. This is extremely high maintenance./quote]

It would be cheaper to buy false eyelashes. Imagine what you could have gotten with your $150.00+.

I don't think I can afford that.. Crying or Very sad
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="poohlisey"]
Rufus wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
I just want to let those of you who have been wondering whether to get the eyelash extensions done know that it's not worth it.

I couldn't either! I did that before I did my budget and sadly realized I was not doing too well. haha
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="bkkgirl"]
poohlisey wrote:
Rufus wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I couldn't either! I did that before I did my budget and sadly realized I was not doing too well. haha

We all learn from mistakes. Very Happy
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
It was something I just had to try in order to get it out of my system. Had 3 lots of extensions done and at the last minute decided to cancel my 4th appointment - so pleased I did. They have all dropped off now along with lots of my own eyelashes, but am about to start using Jan Marini and have also just started using Ardell, and live in hope that my eyelashes will recover and be even better than before. They looked great for about a week and then started to get tatty looking, but the worst thing was keeping my eyelashes clean - became too much of a chore. For me they were just not worth the high maintenance & I actually ended up hating them!
patrice
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
i agree amber. i believe the lash extension fad is on its way out. I am in my 5 week of revitalash and when I started my lashes were very thin, short and dried out from 3 episodes of lash extensions, I thought I really ruined them. But they are now thick, conditioned and still growing and have replenished themselves beautifully.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
patrice wrote:
i agree amber. i believe the lash extension fad is on its way out. I am in my 5 week of revitalash and when I started my lashes were very thin, short and dried out from 3 episodes of lash extensions, I thought I really ruined them. But they are now thick, conditioned and still growing and have replenished themselves beautifully.

Glad to hear your eyelashes recovered ... I also recently decided to give my extensions up after I recently had either conjunctivtis or an allergic reaction the day after an extension appointment. My eyes were red, my lids were swollen, and I had to hide in the house for a day, although it could have had nothing to do with extension appointment. I wasn't cleaning my lids as well because I was afraid of dislodging the pricey extensions, so it could have been my fault totally. I have had my extensions since early November and I noticed that the corner of my right eye was becoming "bald", although the technician insisted that she was using a special glue that would not hurt my natural lashes -- I believe otherwise. So I decided to go back to my natural lashes. It's only been three weeks since my cancelled "fill" appointment, so many of my extensions are still in place. I started using JM 1-1/2 weeks ago and I'm hoping that it helps my eyelashes grow back.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
cathy_jean wrote:
patrice wrote:

Glad to hear your eyelashes recovered ... I also recently decided to give my extensions up after I recently had either conjunctivtis or an allergic reaction the day after an extension appointment. My eyes were red, my lids were swollen, and I had to hide in the house for a day, although it could have had nothing to do with extension appointment. I wasn't cleaning my lids as well because I was afraid of dislodging the pricey extensions, so it could have been my fault totally. I have had my extensions since early November and I noticed that the corner of my right eye was becoming "bald", although the technician insisted that she was using a special glue that would not hurt my natural lashes -- I believe otherwise. So I decided to go back to my natural lashes. It's only been three weeks since my cancelled "fill" appointment, so many of my extensions are still in place. I started using JM 1-1/2 weeks ago and I'm hoping that it helps my eyelashes grow back.

I'm sure you will recover all your lashes back! Now that you're not worried about losing the extensions, you can clean your eyelids well.
girlygirl
5% products discount

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I'm so far behind on current beauty trends. I saw a car with an advertisement for Lash Extensions on Sunday. I had never heard of that before! Surprised So basically it is like the individual false eyelashes, right? I wear them a few times a year, apply them myself and love them when they go on and love it when I pluck the last one off after a week or so. Shock One tip never ever ever use super glue to apply them Rolling Eyes

After visiting the forum here I am excited to try some of the lash serums and see how they do and maybe my I'll not be tempted to do the lashes again. They sure are fun though!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
girlygirl wrote:
Wow, I'm so far behind on current beauty trends. I saw a car with an advertisement for Lash Extensions on Sunday. I had never heard of that before! Surprised So basically it is like the individual false eyelashes, right? I wear them a few times a year, apply them myself and love them when they go on and love it when I pluck the last one off after a week or so. Shock One tip never ever ever use super glue to apply them Rolling Eyes

After visiting the forum here I am excited to try some of the lash serums and see how they do and maybe my I'll not be tempted to do the lashes again. They sure are fun though!

You did your own eyelash extensions? Did you attach each falsh lash one by one? (Just to make sure we're understanding the same thing - when I talked about lash extensions, I was talking about attaching one false lash to one natural lash. That process took 3-4 hours since I guess we got lots of lashes to attach.)
girlygirl
5% products discount

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that is what I do, glue them one lash at a time. I tried the strip lashes but just couldn't get the hang of applying them. The individual lashes that you attach one at a time are much easier to do by yourself than the strips and the lashes that are tied with four lashes to a bundle are even faster to apply. I live out in the boonies so any beauty apps pretty much have to be done diy. Rolling Eyes
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
girlygirl wrote:
Yes, that is what I do, glue them one lash at a time. I tried the strip lashes but just couldn't get the hang of applying them. The individual lashes that you attach one at a time are much easier to do by yourself than the strips and the lashes that are tied with four lashes to a bundle are even faster to apply. I live out in the boonies so any beauty apps pretty much have to be done diy. Rolling Eyes

Wow, that's so awesome you could do that yourself. I don't have either the patience or the steady hands. I can't even straighten my own hair - no patience! lol If you can do it yourself (save lots of $) and your lashes are strong, i.e. you don't end up with sparse and thin lashes, then lash extension is definitely a quick way of gaining that extra length. Very Happy

BTW, did you buy a lash extension kit? If so, where from? I think you're supposed to use a special type of glue, not just any Elmer's or superglue. Laughing I know the technician I used told me she did her own lash extensions, and she did it for 3 years. She still got beautiful lashes, so maybe she just got some strong lashes. I know mine aren't strong at all. They fall out easily, too.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Can't imagine getting eyelash extensions when long lashes are just a month away with Revitalash or JM. I have NEVER seen a product deliver quite like the Revitalash does. Unbelieveable! I can't stop looking at my lashes!! Even with my cheapo mascara, they are soooooo long---and lusher than I've ever seen them.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I am so happy that I read this thread. Smile My sister-in-law just made an appointment for lash extentions. She needs to know the cons of this first. Thank you for the feedback. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I am so happy that I read this thread. Smile My sister-in-law just made an appointment for lash extentions. She needs to know the cons of this first. Thank you for the feedback. Smile

Glad I could help her out, Winnie. I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I went through. Seriously it was embarrassing to see people when I had just one fake long lash left on my lashes, and the rest were sparse and thin. When I had a meeting with my boss, all I could think of was she must have noticed my one long lash and was wondering about it. lol
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |