Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

mascara recomendations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I like Helena Rubinstein and Shiseido PN.
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
i like Fasio Volumising Mascara. Stays put and easy to apply. They have different colours too which work great as well. However the new formulation tends to smudge more than the oil formulation. It's very difficult to remove though.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely love L'Oreal Voluminous. Have tried some of the others, but they just don't seem to thicken my lashes as well.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh, sorry....AND Prescriptives False Eyelashes....also v. good for thickening.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
i use Maybelline xxl! it is good for me, you can get it from the pharmacy.
Snake
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
1. Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Mascara
2. Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Mascara

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENob48vL1Vs

http://www.shiseido.co.jp/mj/index.htm

Wink
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I used Blinc for the longest time. It is good for when you need waterproof. Found it a bit drying. I am using Avon's Astonishing Lengths Mascara. It's really good! I am going to try the waterproof version next. This mascara doesn't bother my sensitive eyes and goes on great. I tried Almay, it dried out immediately.
(No, I do not sell Avon!!)The more expensive mascaras aren't always the best.
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
clinique naturally glossy. its fantastic.
miss_mini

Mon May 21, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
i love diorshow mascara. its really easy to remove and you don't wake up with panda eyes. smells good and doens't leave your eyelashes feeling stiff and crunchy. recently bought a rimmel mascara with the little comb applicator. worst purchase ever! the comb leaves clumps all over your eyelashes...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dior mascara, it's super sexy!!
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a really lucky girl...because although I'm blonde, I have very long/dark lashes (stove blew up in my face when I was 8...lashes grew in waaayyy better. So...at least their was a bright spot!)
I was using the Almay kit for Blue eyes. But I pitched the mascara because it just doesn't come off! Even w/several applications of makeup remover. I'm currently using a tube of Estee Lauder Magnascopic...really awesome! It adds more color, definition and length to my lashes. Comes right off w/my Obagi cleanser. But... I'm really interested in trying Rimmell. I too hate to spend lots of money on mascara. I tried the Rimmell lipgloss and it's fab! Not sticky or gummy as most. So...I'm hoping their mascara is just as good!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a good clear mascara??? or mascara alternative??

I'm really sick of taking my black mascara off at night, I feel it's damaging the skin around my eyes.

Any suggestions??
juliac
5% products discount

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kyrya,

Try the Ardell Brow & Lash Accelerator Treatment Gel. I started using it to condition my lashes, but I've noticed that it separates and defines them much like mascara, but without the added goop. If you dye your lashes with the 1000 Hours product (search the forum) and use the Ardell, it's like you're wearing light mascara.

/j.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Rimmel mascara ( with the red brush ) is a great mascara. It lengthens and thickens and isn't clumpy.

Also, Cover Girl Lash Exact is a great mascara too...lengthens and slightly thickens. If you want more volume the CG Volume Exact is more of a thickening mascara.
hyguee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
is there a mascara that is suppose to be good for lashes? like a conditioning mascara? I don't wear mascara daily because i'm afraid i'll damage lashes, but i sure look better with some on!
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently discovered an expensive but wonderful combo :
1. Shiseido Mascara Base
2. curl with Shu Uemura eyelash curler
3. followed by Shiseido Lasting Lift mascara (for holding the curl and amazing lengthening)
4. and Diorshow Waterproof (for volume)

Amazing results.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am hoping someone can help me locate my HG mascara as I can't find it anywhere. For years I used Max Factor Aqualash and loved loved loved it. My grandmother worked in cosmetics and told me never to waste money on the expensive mascara because it was all the same, but to always spend the money to make sure I am putting good quality products on my face. Anyway, I can't find Max Factor products anywhere now. I see advertisements with Carmen Electra in all of the fashion magazines but all of the drug stores in my area have seemed to stop carrying Max Factor. Any ideas? Thanks, guys!!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I also have long lashes that aren't super thick, and I also love Dr. Hauschka mascara. However, I don't think it's particularly thickening. And it can be less than light at times. I recently got Lavera's mascara, expecting it to be similar to Dr. H, and it was MUCH lighter - I have to apply several coats to get the VAVOOM look I sometimes crave (and can usually get with just one thicker coat, two max). But it is absolutely light, and the formulation is great, no clumps or anything, and all natural ingredients. So you might give that a try if you like light!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've just started using Blinc Kiss Me mascara...and I LOVE it! My lashes are pretty long too. I use 2 coats...and sort of rub it back and forth at the base of my lashes on the first coat...and it adds fullness, and makes my lashes look awesome! If my lashes stick together, I use an eyelash comb in between coats.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kiss me Brand is the best
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
juliac wrote:
Hi Kyrya,

Try the Ardell Brow & Lash Accelerator Treatment Gel. I started using it to condition my lashes, but I've noticed that it separates and defines them much like mascara, but without the added goop. If you dye your lashes with the 1000 Hours product (search the forum) and use the Ardell, it's like you're wearing light mascara.

/j.

Thanks for the info Juliac! I just got my 1000 Hours lash dye today! I'm doing a patch test to make sure I'm not allergic...don't think I will be, but since it's my eyes, I want to be extra careful! I also recently ordered the Ardell product...so I ought to have awesome lashes soon! Glad to hear you liked using both products at the same time. Any tips on tinting my lashes???

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
my favorite is the maybelline line. they have different volume strengths.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Juliac Smile I've tried dye a couple of times before, might give it another go Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
shanno wrote:
My lashes are reasonably long but not terribly thick, and I've had good results with Dr. Hauschka's mascara. Also, Dr. H is supposed to be releasing its new volume mascara soon (it's already available via the European sites, but I'm not seeing on the US site just yet), and I'm hoping it adds even more volume than the present formulation.

Hey Shanno (and everyone else who is interested), check this out: I wrote to Dr. H about this because I couldn't figure out whether the volumizing mascara had released or not, and here's the reply I got, straight from the horse's mouth!

Dear Virginia, Thanks for your inquiry. The mascara you have is the same
formulation. At the end of last summer, its packaging changed, but not
its formulation.

But you should also know that at the end of this summer we will be
introducing a volumizing masacara. We will carry that in addition to the
regular mascaras we carry now. They will come in black, aubergine and
dark green.

Thanks for writing,

Customer Service Department,
Dr Hauschka Skin Care, Inc.
Voice: 800-247-9907 EST
Fax: 413-247-0678

Hope this helps all you gals questing for organic, natural volume just like me! Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am loving FAR OUT™ Lengthening Mascara that I got at Kohls. This mascara lengthens and curls my lashes without clumps. I purchased the Plum. The applicator on this mascara is very unusual (see link). Most mascara's end up under my eyes. Far Out does not smudge at all and washes off nicely. Hope you can get the link:

http://www.kohls.com/products/kohls_BB_FL_product_page_shaded.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=429986975&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=344271681&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=3440897&CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=71240501&bmUID=1181256408358
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |