Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Strong Rave on Polaris (Skin laser treatment)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
After a conversation in another tread with a member, I wanted to post this, so no one over looked it hidden under a different topic name. It deserves attention, as over 2 years of teatments, it restored my skin to a very youthful appearance. (I am 40)

From Website:

Polaris is a new, FDA-approved procedure that uses Elos technology to offer safe, rapid reduction of fine lines and wrinkles with no downtime.

Website says: 3-5 treatments. However, I had 6 total (maybe they wanted more $$ from me, but I don't care because it worked, plus my skin damage over the years was severe and that could be why I had more initial treatments).

The first set of treatment 3-6, whatever you get, must be 3 weeks apart.
Numbing cream is put on for 30min (I recomend you do 45 here, so you can tolerate a higher setting). I wont lie, it is painful, and the first treatment made me feel sick to the stomach. I think it was the shock of the sensation since I'de never had any treatments before, but after a couple of treatments, I knew what to expect and I built a tolerance up.
Next step is, a gel goes on, and the treatment begins.
The webiste also says the treatment takes about 1.5hours. My maintainance treatments, take about 45min and my initials took about 1-1.5hrs.

I see results immediately. I do leave the clinic with a red face in areas, but that goes away about up to 1hr later. Then about 3 days later I see pores reduced, and I just glow. 10days later, I see more improvement. 1 month later, yet again, more improvement. The improvements increase over about 2 months. Then, on the 3-6 months post, you get a maintainance treatment. Then, again the cycle repeats. 3 days later, I look really good ect.

ON THE WEBSITE, it says, that some patients dont get a lot of results, so it would be good to get more input of experiences here, but it worked on me.

Total List of Purpose: (all worked on me)
Shrinks pores
Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
Tightens
Restores transluscency to skin
Stimulates collegen and elastin
Restores skin damage from sun
Reduces blemishes to include sun spots
Improves any scars
Plumps and rejuvenates the skin cells

I was told by my clinic about the results, it's like looking at a young childs face, how it's plump and soft and spongey looking. For me, that happened.
Sometimes, if my treatments are set at a high currency, (I do try to go very aggressive), you can get a little scratch on your face, but of course that goes away the next day or two as any tiny scratch would. In all the treatments over 2 years, I think I've gotten about 5 tiny scratches. But I do bug the nurse at my surgery center to go very aggressive, so I don't mind a small scratch here and there. But of course, some people may get more scratches from a high setting. And the bottom line is, if you do one treatment at a time, spaced 3 weeks apart, you'll see a result in between 3 weeks and can judge for yourself (but you may have to pay for all initial treatments up front, so I would ask about that) . The receptionist at my clinic had it done specifically for her acne, and the improvement in her scars were very apparent to where I was surprised at the improvement on her also.
I have my entire face done, to include the upper lip and eyelids (from the crease of eye up, not directly over eyeball), of course the nose too and then my entire neck. I also bug the nurse to go extra on my crow feet area.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for posting about your results! And congratulations for finding a treatment that works so well for you. Very Happy I haven't read about Polaris before, but it sounds like I need to do some research on it. Smile
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Smile
Thanks for putting this in a new thread. I'm going to do some research on Polaris and post the info I find in this thread for easy reference.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
SandraG, please tell us about your skin type. Do you have thinning skin, tend to be sensitive, have areas of broken capillaries, etc.? Does this work for treating redness/broken caps? Also, where to you live and what was the price range of your treatments? Thanks in advance! Very Happy
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:47 am      Reply with quote
This is what I found -- It looks really interesting.

The Polaris laser, recently approved by the FDA to reduce wrinkles, is proven to minimize scarring while firming skin, by targeting problem areas more precisely than laser peels or resurfacing. Older lasers burned through the surface in order to reach the underlying damaged layers, but they caused crusting, scabbing, oozing, and blistering that took months to heal.

The Polaris combines a new type of laser light with radio frequency waves to push directly into the layer of collagen. As the collagen hardens due to age, chemicals and sunlight, skin can start to crease, wrinkle or droop. But this combination of waves works to tighten the collagen and stimulate its growth deep beneath the skin.

It takes three an average of treatments for firmer, tighter skin, and you can apply makeup or return to work right afterwards.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I had 4 treatments; it did NOTHING for me.Skin tightening effects are usually temporary because the skin is "swollen" from the treatment-it goes down.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Wow. Lucyluc...it did nothing for you. I wish that all treatments could be consistant on everyone, but just goes to show. That's another reason I would recomend paying for one treatment at a time. You have 3 weeks between treatments, so you should see results by the next treatment, and if it works, then your not our any $$.
It changed my skin dramatically, and continues to when I have my maintainance treatments.

Heres the answer to mermaidgirls question.
My skin was normal/oily olive in complexion. My damage was from spending all my youth and teen years sun worshiping. At 40, I also feel I had a couple too many wrinkles for my age.
I had no conditions such as thin skin or anything like that, just very average skin.

When I had the treatments done, I noticed the skin pigment becoming even in tone, no more spots and a real transclucent look. Then there was the tightening. It made my skin very spongey and soft in appearance.

Also, there is a new head which is improved tightening which I will recive for the first time in 2 weeks at my 3month maintainance.

COST: My initial of 6 treatments were around the $2k total. Then the maintainance treatments done every 3-6months, is one treatment at $250.
I'm in Colorado.
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
SandraG~ thanks for sharing....where were/are your wrinkles? Where did you notice the tightening...lower face, neck? Cyndi
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
All over. I had sun damaged wrinkles. Kind of small lines all over, under eyes, around mouth.
And had sun spots and uneven skin tone.

My skin was also very dehydrated, kind of like a dried up grape look. The treatments, hydrated my skin, so this ugly elephant skin look, turned into a soft petal skin look.
I also never used good skin care prior to my treatments, and of course now I do. I use MD Forte.

I also found a lot of tightening around the jaw line and cheeks and crows feet are gone.(to the side of the eye toward temples).

Right now, I have fine lines under the eye. (Above the cheek). They are a lot better but too, going from bad wrinkles to just fine lines. That's why I go aggressive on this area with maintainance. I'll see how the improved tightenning head on the machine goes next week.

I sure wish we could post pics here.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
... I sure wish we could post pics here.

Oh, but we can! Here are the instructions:

1) Signup for a Photobucket account. www.photobucket.com
2) Log-in and upload the image from your computer
3) The image should appear in your album
4) Under the image, it will say URL Tag and IMG
5) Copy the whole IMG address in the IMG box and paste it in EDS' message body
6) Submit your post

P.S. Thanks, Sandra, for answering my questions - I appreciate it!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Wonder how it compares to Fraxel? Its purpose/claims sounds identical. The down time seems far worse though on the Fraxel, as I am still healing on day 7. But it sounds like the results promised are the same.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
There is no down time. Only thing I get is a red face for about 30min, then it wears off. It just improves from then on.
wmnfolk
5% products discount

Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I had a series of three Polaris treatments and didn't notice anything in good. In fact, several months later I noticed enlarged pores in the treated areas- particularly the forehead and cheeks. I had virtually invisible pores before! I'm fair, with slightly thin skin, and just wanted to get a jump on wrinkles and sagging. I've read in other forums that radio-frequency can cause enlarged pores and loss of fat which results in "dents". Has anyone else heard or experienced this?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz) glotherapeutics Barrier Balm (50 ml / 1.7 oz)