Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven Glominerals Contour Kit - Medium to Dark (13.2 g / 0.46 oz) NuFace Gel Primer (5 fl oz / 148 ml)
Hic, at last, getting drunk IS good for you! Hic..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Hic..

Watched a programme on UK TV the other day that was called 'The Truth about Food'. It said why do the French who have such a high fat diet have one of the lowest heart disease rates in Europe. It was because they drink a lot of red wine with their food, red wine contains polyphenols, which help to prevent cancer and heart disease BUT you have to drink it with food, it doesn't mean you can knock back a whole bottle on an empty stomach. Smile

Caudalie have a lot of polyphenols in their products, every item I have used in their range has had brilliant results on my skin.

......... off to eat a pound of grapes....
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Interesting. I should drink red wine more often with my food! Shock
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I love a glass of red wine with my meal - it feels like a proper treat then. I like very full-bodied wines like shiraz which always taste better with food anyway as they can be a bit heavy if you drink them on their own.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I watched this programme too, very interesting. They tested two identical twins who usually drank at least 2 litres of water every day, to see if drinking water really did make a difference to the skin. One carried on drinking 2 litres as usual, but the other twin was not allowed to drink any plain water, only have tea, coffee or soft drinks. At the end of the test period, their skins were tested for hydration and dryness. There was found to be no difference at all! Apparently as all food contains water anyway, we get all we need anyway without drinking extra. Another test proved conclusively that eating tomatoes (tinned, fresh, puree etc.) protects the skin from sun damage, which also means less wrinkles, so basically, the more tomatoes we eat, the slower our skins will age. Guess who now has a fridge full of tomatoes. Laughing
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent, I love tomatoes too!! But since I drink a reasonable amount of red wine and eat lots of yummy tomato-based pasta sauce, I should be looking a lot better than I actually do - I wonder what I'm doing wrong Confused.
o88odianao88o
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hooray for red wine! I drink a glass with dinner every day! Another good thing about it is, according to a book on Chinese medicine I read, it's supposed to also help with digestion. I feel like this is true. (Beer, or anything fermented, are also supposed to help, but it sounds like red wine is the healthfullest overall)

-----------
lillilulu wrote:
... One carried on drinking 2 litres as usual, but the other twin was not allowed to drink any plain water, only have tea, coffee or soft drinks. At the end of the test period, their skins were tested for hydration and dryness. There was found to be no difference at all! Apparently as all food contains water anyway, we get all we need anyway without drinking extra...

Interesting!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
I watched this programme too, very interesting. They tested two identical twins who usually drank at least 2 litres of water every day, to see if drinking water really did make a difference to the skin. One carried on drinking 2 litres as usual, but the other twin was not allowed to drink any plain water, only have tea, coffee or soft drinks. At the end of the test period, their skins were tested for hydration and dryness. There was found to be no difference at all! Apparently as all food contains water anyway, we get all we need anyway without drinking extra. Another test proved conclusively that eating tomatoes (tinned, fresh, puree etc.) protects the skin from sun damage, which also means less wrinkles, so basically, the more tomatoes we eat, the slower our skins will age. Guess who now has a fridge full of tomatoes. Laughing

I LOVEEEE TOMATOES!! Drool
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Does cooking with red wine count?? Or would that burn off all the good stuff? I don't care for any type of wine..except champagne (is that even considered a wine? hmm ) Beer is always good, though Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wine! Wink Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:07 am      Reply with quote
I have long suspected that we get enough water from the foods we eat etc....and anything extra is a bonus. So pop the cork and down those tomatoes!! Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Hurah for pasta with a tomato sauce and 1/2 a bottle of red. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Hurah for pasta with a tomato sauce and 1/2 a bottle of red. Laughing

mmmmmm. YUMMY!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I love red wine lately. I look at it as a treat; I probably by a bottle every other week. I like pinots, cabs, and merlots. Oh, heck, I like them all. Except I have not come across a good shiraz yet. I have a excellent wine merchant that knows I like pinots so he usually steers me towards those...
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I really don't get the thing with red wine!

You see all these so called wine experts saying, 'ummm fruity, a hint of blackberry, I can detect apple crumble, cinammon and a barrow full of strawberries'.. blah, blah, blah ..... and ALL red wine tastes like vinegar to me?!!

Have I just had some dodgy red wine or is there something wrong with my taste buds?!

By the way.......... food tastes great to me. Wink
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
I really don't get the thing with red wine!

You see all these so called wine experts saying, 'ummm fruity, a hint of blackberry, I can detect apple crumble, cinammon and a barrow full of strawberries'.. blah, blah, blah ..... and ALL red wine tastes like vinegar to me?!!

Have I just had some dodgy red wine or is there something wrong with my taste buds?!

By the way.......... food tastes great to me. Wink

I guess a better question would be, do you want to like red wine? If so, I'd suggest you start out with a fruit wine-- there's a lot of great ones coming out of Michigan-- blueberry, cherry, cranberry. if you find these suit your palatte, move on to mild reds like pinot noir. Try sniffing the wine, then taking a drink. I love drinking red with a bit of dark chocolate-- it really brings out the flavors in reds.

If you don't want to like it, stick with chard. Very Happy
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:25 am      Reply with quote
I DO want to like it, I've tried several and some that are supposed to be nice, but everything tastes like vinegar to me! Smile

I'm a Veuve Clicquot girl.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I like wine coolers... Drool
System
Automatic Message
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) NuFace Gel Primer (5 fl oz / 148 ml)