Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Fading/improving scars on legs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a number of scars on my legs from ingrown hairs and insect bites. The scars have been there for about 3 months with not much improvement. They are all are healed and dark red in colour. I also have very pale skin which makes them more obvious.

I have tried bio-oil and similar product with no results.

I am about to get IPL laser treatment done on my legs to prevent future scars from ingrown hairs and alos omnilax laser treatment to try improve scarring.

I have also been recommended MD Formulations Vitamin A products alongside the treatment which can apparently improve skin discolouration.

Could anyone offer any advice on these procedures or products or alternatives I could try.

I have been boots or pants all summer so sick of it!

Natasha
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:20 am      Reply with quote
I have scars on my legs too and am trying to find a solution..

BUMP Exclamation
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I've the same problems too. I went to the pharmacist and was told to try Vitamin E oil. But the pharmacist also told me not to expect any immediate results as the effects will only be seen after 2-3 months Mad So now i'm also still looking for an alternative Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I have scars on my hands. I've never fround anything to take them completely away, but I have found things that have helped. Stri-Vectin helped, but I had to use it the recommended 3x's a day. Now, I use Skin Biology's Trireduction with Retinol and that helps as well.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
hi Natasha, you could try going to the derm and telling him about the discolouration. i was given a tube of cream to apply daily and it worked for me.

my friends also swear by PCA Skin Pigment Bar. it helped with all sorts of skin discoloration, including acne scars. This soap can be a little drying though, so be sure to moisturize yourself if you use it Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
hi Natasha, you could try going to the derm and telling him about the discolouration. i was given a tube of cream to apply daily and it worked for me.

my friends also swear by PCA Skin Pigment Bar. it helped with all sorts of skin discoloration, including acne scars. This soap can be a little drying though, so be sure to moisturize yourself if you use it Smile

I will try this out later. I'm so broke right now! Mad
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
i used fresh aloe vera gel from the plant on severe scars on arms and legs ... nothing left in sight after half of a year.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
hendricks wrote:
i used fresh aloe vera gel from the plant on severe scars on arms and legs ... nothing left in sight after half of a year.

I must try this!! I have 100% aloe vera gel at home, but have yet to try it!! Thank you for telling me this.
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going tommorow to start on my IPL and Omnilux laser treatment I'll update on any improvement in here.

It is quite pricey..going to cost me $2000 all up to go through course of treatments.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mailnat! I'm prone to those ingrowns EVERYWHERE, so I've been trying different things for the past couple of months, trying to see what might make an improvement. I've seen a lot of improvement over the past month or so, and I attribute it to the 3 things I've been using the most regularly:
First, in the shower, I use Best Bath Store's Dead Sea Facial Scrub on my legs. I know, it says facial scrub, but I already use EpidermxII on my face. The BBS face scrub is a little bit expensive, but a little goes a long way, and you can try a free sample atwww.bestbathstore.com. Also, the smell is soooooooo delicious---- like grapes, with a hint of blossoms. This scrub also helps cut down on those infernal ingrowns so you don't have to worry about the scars later.

Next, right before I get out of the shower, I rub Burt's Bees Baby Bee Apricot Oil onto my legs. A lot of bath oils are mostly just filler, but the first three ingredients in this one are apricot seed oil, wheat germ oil, and vitamin e--- very good for comprimised skin.

Lastly, after I get out of the shower I apply Zenbiotic's Body Milk Moisturizer. (www.zenbiotic.com) This moisturizer is based on their cell renewal serum, so it gently encourages the skin to renew itself. Light, non-sticky, and it smells great too!

Using these three ingredients over the past month or two has made a big difference--- my legs look much nicer now. Bring on summer!

HTH, and please keep us updated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
mailnat wrote:
I'm going tommorow to start on my IPL and Omnilux laser treatment I'll update on any improvement in here.

It is quite pricey..going to cost me $2000 all up to go through course of treatments.

Goodluck! Please do post back on updates! Surprised
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Had the IPL treatment on my legs yesterday...not too painful and bonus of getting hair-free legs eventually makes it better!

Going for omnilux skin laser in a few days and going to purchase MD Formulations cream to try improve scar appearance.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
That's awesome!! I want hair-free legs too! Crying or Very sad Can't wait to hear the rest of the results!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |