Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin whitening products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Are Skin whitening products worth the cash?

Effective
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Rubbish
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

lisalo

Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am interested to know whether anyone has experienced the bad side of these skin whitening products. I am writing a research paper and would be very grateful for anyone to contact me. :D
Skin Addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I have sensitive skin and have tried everything. Hydroquinone was too harsh. Actually burned off a mole that was on my nose which was good, but made some dark areas even darker. Retin-A made me peel like a snake but the dark areas stayed the same. Obagi made me red, lumpy, swollen and itchy. I used Godiva which is supposed to have great results but all the products gave me a rash. IPL had some results but it was very expensive and dark patches eventually came back. Also aesthetician did an "oopsie" and lasered off part of my eyebrow. Luckily it grew back in. Sonya Dakar was just like throwing lots of money down the drain with 10 steps of products and diamond facials with no results. Only things that have given me results have been MSM supplements, and the Isa Knox intense whitening. I've started taking the Taita supplements which is herbal and supposed to "clean the blood" so it acts like an aspirin. When I first started had 3 nosebleeds.

Hope this helps.
lisalo

Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi, thank you for replying back to me. I am fascinated by all the products you have used. Why do you continue to use them? Do you mind me asking where you come from?
I am based in the UK and would love to hear more about your experiences. My name is Lisa.

[quote="Skin Addict"]Hello,

I have sensitive skin and have tried everything. Hydroquinone was too harsh. Actually burned off a mole that was on my nose which was good, but made some dark areas even darker. Retin-A made me peel like a snake but the dark areas stayed the same. Obagi made me red, lumpy, swollen and itchy. I used Godiva which is supposed to have great results but all the products gave me a rash. IPL had some results but it was very expensive and dark patches eventually came back. Also aesthetician did an "oopsie" and lasered off part of my eyebrow. Luckily it grew back in. Sonya Dakar was just like throwing lots of money down the drain with 10 steps of products and diamond facials with no results. Only things that have given me results have been MSM supplements, and the Isa Knox intense whitening. I've started taking the Taita supplements which is herbal and supposed to "clean the blood" so it acts like an aspirin. When I first started had 3 nosebleeds.

Hope this helps.[/quote]
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Lisalo,

I have found hydronique pretty harsh on my sensitive skin.. I used PTR Lightening Cream. What gave me subtle results was Skinceuticals Phyto+.. it works slowly but has lightened my freckles a notch.

Also, another very popular skincare line to lighten is SKII.. a Japanese brand which can sometimes be found from Asian skincare boutiques.. do a search on this forum for it and i'm sure you'll get more information.

Hope that helps!
Whitney

Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lisalo,

It's funny, I was asking myself the same question. I'm really interested in your paper. Could you tell me something about it? You can mail me on lizakemman2@hotmail.com. That would be great! Thanks and good luck with your paper.
lisalo

Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:58 am      Reply with quote
[quote="freckles127"]Lisalo,

I have found hydronique pretty harsh on my sensitive skin.. I used PTR Lightening Cream. What gave me subtle results was Skinceuticals Phyto+.. it works slowly but has lightened my freckles a notch.

Also, another very popular skincare line to lighten is SKII.. a Japanese brand which can sometimes be found from Asian skincare boutiques.. do a search on this forum for it and i'm sure you'll get more information.

Hope that helps![/quote]

Hi, thanks for responding to me. I am very interseted in knowing more about your experience. Please feel free to email me at lisaleano@hotmail.com
I would like to know more about why you used these products, how may times a day etc..
I am very grateful for any information.

Lisa
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:43 am      Reply with quote
wow research paper... sounds very professional Smile
for me, i like kose-sekkisei lotion, well, it's a toner.not too harsh for skin like those chemical base products.
talking about...SKII. it's abit overwhelming by the advertising and marketing campaign only.... not really value for money.
as and when there are comparison of different brands of whitening product in asian magazine (i saw these kind of thing every year especially during summer), as whitening is a key emphasis for asian skincare, you may search those website for more details as well.
sasha

Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:08 am      Reply with quote
first i used creams ( retin A, elopaque,) for my pimple marks. when i used these creams, my face burnt and remained me only burned marks. It's so difficult to tell you how i felt. I had a clear skin and i only had 2or 3 pimple marks. I tried all the products in the market, but didn't have any result. then, i found a natural bleaching cream.it peeled off my skin and dissapeared most of my black marks. i used it every month though it was so expensive.(It was a small cream and enough me to apply only for 3 days. cost of that cream was $35 each.)I supposed to use that cream 3 days. then my face turns brown, wrinkled and begins to peel off. after it peels off the new skin is clear and blemish free.It is a good cream that ii have ever applied. but when i came to the USA, i couldnt get that cream. so i used herbalinn. it was also a good cream. it brighten up my complexion without peeling off or wrinkled.
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

Just curious Lisalo what ur research paper topic is? If it is possible for u to share results when u are done, I'm sure we would all be grateful to u Very Happy

I have post-inflamatory pigmentation & what made it worse is HYDROQUINONE Crying or Very sad Now, I preach its harmful effects to people on forums like these Smile so they don't land up with a disfigured face like mine! Other products that did not help - PLENTY Laughing I tried several & most didn't improve at all.

The products that worked slightly were from:www.skinlightening.com. Their kit of 3 products lightened it about a shade. But, it darkened in no time when I ran out of the product.

Now, I have started Prescriptives Skin tone correcting serum & Vit C from Larachem, along with a mild glycolic acid. Its too early to talk about results yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed Laughing

Email me if u have more questions. Take care & good luck.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |