Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Dermawave vs Quasar
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ailurophile
5% products discount

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing research, and I've narrowed my choices for my clinic to two machines- Quasar SP (both SP and blue) or Dermawave (you can find their site at dermwave dot com) with 1 red/ 1 blue head (and possibly yellow and green in the future).

I've been reading lots of SP threads here, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the dermawave and the SP?

I've read both sites... read tons of threads on Lightstim, SP, etc... I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed!

Thanks!
ailurophile
5% products discount

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Maybe a comparison would help folks out there.

Dermawave:
$2995, includes 2 heads (you can pick and choose)
Pros:
It tells you the exact wavelength/nm of the heads
624 Red, no infrared
420 Blue
585 Amber
525 Green
30 LED/head
photo-optical sensors that automatically adjust to skin type
you can switch heads- modular

30 day guarantee, 5 year warranty
5 minute treatment time according to manufacturers

Cons:
Not much reviews regarding this machine

Quasar SP/Blue combo
$2699

Pros:
Lots of review/feedback
60 day guarantee, 2 year warranty with overnight delivery
smaller, more portable
payment plan available

Since the all have money back guarantees, I may try them both and see which gets better results.

This is for my clinic, not a personal use purchase. Maybe someone from Advanthera will pop in and have something to say!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
ailurophile wrote:
This is for my clinic, not a personal use purchase. Maybe someone from Advanthera will pop in and have something to say!

you're hoping for them to "pop" in? i think you'd have better luck contacting James directly from the site (either email or ringing him up): http://advanthera.com/
ETA: he is very helpful! excellent customer support.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have no experience with the dermawave, it sounds very interesting, I see their product was approved by the FDA. They do have more lights (4), which for your business may be better? Has more opportunities? If thats't the price under 3000, that's amazing.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes and the customer care from AT (Quasar) IS outstanding !!!
ailurophile
5% products discount

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
You get 2 lights of your choice for the 2995. If you want all four lights, it's 3995 (500 each), which is a great deal.

I e-mailed Dermawave and so far, they have been really good about responding to my questions in detail really quickly. They've also not pressured me into a purchase, which is great.

I'll try calling AT tomorrow.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
HI did you talk to AT? What are your thoughts?
ailurophile
5% products discount

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I did. The only thing that kind of bothers me about AT is that they won't disclose the wavelengths that they use in the SP (blue is 416 vs 420).
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
they don't want to give the wavelenght of the red one? I thought reading through things it had to be on a certain wavelenght anyway.... what's the reason why they do not want to disclose it?

well you know it is tough, the dermawave looks very funky (website too) but i can't find any salon yet who is using their product... can you? their product is fda approved at least I assume it is the same company.

The Quasar has excellent customer service, you will always find someone to answer you or your questions. And you will have reviews and salons are using it.

If you can do it financially, you may want to opt to buy both and see what you like most and send the other one back....
ailurophile
5% products discount

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'll try both and send one back, I think.

I know couple of ppl that have the Dermawave/Revitalight and they've been happy with it. That's only a few people, though- vs lots of feedback on the SP and BQ. I have not met anyone that uses Quasar professionally, but I know ppl that have used the Quasar and BQ and have been happy with it. Revitalight is just too much for me, esp since I know that these machines are not expensive to produce in the first place.

Yeah, AT gave me a general range, but nothing specific. I'd like to know the specifics, but the person I talked to said they couldn't say.

Now, the dermawave does not have any infrared, although I've had some docs tell me IR is not necessary. ARGH.
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
ailurophile wrote:
Well, I did. The only thing that kind of bothers me about AT is that they won't disclose the wavelengths that they use in the SP (blue is 416 vs 420).

Hey everyone. I just saw this post and will bring a little clarity to as far as I have read.

The above comparison in pricing, offering, and warranty was almost right. We offer a LifeTime Warranty on our professional devices, NOT a two year. Yes, we are still one of the only higher profile and trusted Light Therapy companies to offer a 60 day return policy with NO restocking fee (unless there was damage to the unit).

As far as the wavelength debate, let me first say that we always disclose when professionals introduce themselves.

There really is no big secret on the wavelenghts, I know it has been posted before:

Quasar SP & Baby Quasar
12 Red & 12 Infrared
Red (632 & 660) Infrared (880 & 950)
Technically 632 is amber(ish)
We try to take the technical piece out to make it easy.

Quasar Blue
30 Blue/Voilet (420) - I did just notice that the old Blue/Violet nanometer of 416 is still posted in some areas and will correct that.

We tout the fact that our "Blue" uses 420 which has shown to have a variety of benefits and is used frequently by dermatologists. Take a look at Levulan who uses between 400-450, but previously reported they used 420. Looks like they have taken out the specific wavelength they use(d) to not make it so easy for the competition to copy, which brings me to my next point.

The wavelengths are important in achieving a certain result and are only one part of the equation. There are a few more factors to take into consideration:

1. Frequency (if pulsing is offered)
2. Duty Cycle (if pulsing is offered)
3. LED Placement, board layout, design engineering to limit destructive harmonics and do a few other things to achieve maximum benefit.

To further complicate matters regarding power, many do not realize that you not only have to get a manufacturer to tell you Joules/per centimeter squared/per minute for a true measurement of power, but trust that the design has limited flaws that cause destructive harmonics which will actually change the amount of "power" being introduced to the body. It is a hard calculation to perform and can be hard to determine or measure how much "power" is being lost. This is typically only true of those who have multiple wavelenghts or pulse.

That of course may lead into a more "controversial" discussion over wether pulsing does anything at all, and even more so if you are on the side that pulsing does work, how would you know if someone is doing it right and not just simply turning them on and off without any science behind it.

An example of the above would be the use of our High Frequency setting with the red indicator proving to be very effective in pain/nerve/inflammation/etc. management. A few members of this board are prime examples of this, finding that our High Frequency setting is not only effective in managing pain/nerve/inflammation/etc., but the most beneficial of our three settings. There is a reason for this, not leading on that I have all the answers.

I'm typically the first target on the list when a phone call comes in, followed by Alex, and neither of us recall a conversation in which we did not reveal wavelengths to a professional that identified themselves. We apologize and hope the above brought some clarity, and I'm sure more questions which I wanted to avoid for your sanity.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping beautiful!

Make It A Great Day!
James
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
ailurophile wrote:
I'll try both and send one back, I think.

I know couple of ppl that have the Dermawave/Revitalight and they've been happy with it. That's only a few people, though- vs lots of feedback on the SP and BQ. I have not met anyone that uses Quasar professionally, but I know ppl that have used the Quasar and BQ and have been happy with it. Revitalight is just too much for me, esp since I know that these machines are not expensive to produce in the first place.

Yeah, AT gave me a general range, but nothing specific. I'd like to know the specifics, but the person I talked to said they couldn't say.

Now, the dermawave does not have any infrared, although I've had some docs tell me IR is not necessary. ARGH.

The debate on IR's effectiveness is still ongoing, but there are many articles showing it does "do something" and possibly "beneficial". Of course I have to be careful with wording, but I'm sure you will understand what I am saying.

I can tell you that the two manufacturers that we hold in high regard as quality manufacturers with devices that produce results, and help the Light Therapy industry, besides ourselves, are GentleWaves and Revitalight. I can't speak to DermaWave, so please don't misinterpret my absence of DermaWave as a put down, nor can I speak for any of their customer service.

Cheers!
James
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |