Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Lililolo MMU colour recs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 2410
Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I'm going to try some samples. Is there anyone who can compare to JI pressed? I'm currently using satin in that which after many, many samples is the nearest I can get. It's not perfect though, slightly too pink needs a hint of 'gold' - doesn't brighten my skin just blends and evens OK. Also which blusher sample? BTW I'm very inexperienced with makeup so I can't remember any other comparisons to help.
Sheens
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 51
Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Probably a bit of a useles spost as i havent used JI, sorry, but I've used Lilylolo for a while.

You sound like you need one of the warm shades if you want ,more of a hint of gold. The shades with yellow undertones really are extremely yellow I found. Also, I found that the neutral didn't have enough of that hint of gold you mentioned.

To give you an idea of darkness/paleness, I have pale asian (indian/pakistani descent) and Popcorn is perfect for me.

Good luck finding the right shade.

_________________
Just turned 30, argh! problem skin due to medication, looking for miracle cure...
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Do you know where I can purchase this?

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Sorry. Silly me! I finally managed to google the right name of the company so now I've found their website. The products look interesting though I'd have to say there aren't as many color options as Alima. I'm about MAC NC25-30. Can you recommend the color shade?

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
Sheens
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 51
Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Sorry. Silly me! I finally managed to google the right name of the company so now I've found their website. The products look interesting though I'd have to say there aren't as many color options as Alima. I'm about MAC NC25-30. Can you recommend the color shade?


Hi, I'm not sure if your post was addressed to me? Lol, I'll reply anyway just in case.

I don't have much experience with MAC products but if you can describe your skintone, or the description of that MAC shade I can try and match it up with Lilylolo taht I've tried (I must have worked my way through 8 samples before finding the right shade!)

Or, have a look at the forums on the Lush UK website; theres an entire thread on Lilylolo and its huge, and loads of the ladies there have lots of experience with MAC, so they'll probably be able to advise you much better! Thats where I first heard of Lilylolo actually.

Edit; I think the beauty boards at femail (dot) co (dot) uk have a huge Lilylolo thread also, though I havent posted there for ages.

_________________
Just turned 30, argh! problem skin due to medication, looking for miracle cure...
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 2410
Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sheens Smile Is the finishing powder really necessary with this one? I know it seems to be with BE - only I don't like a sheen. (I don't mean you, but the finish obviously)
Sheens
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 51
Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Thanks Sheens Smile Is the finishing powder really necessary with this one? I know it seems to be with BE - only I don't like a sheen. (I don't mean you, but the finish obviously)


Very Happy

The powder isn't necessary. Some people like to use one to make it feel 'finished', but for every day use I just use the foundation on its own. I don't feel the need for powder with it. I find the finish of the foundation just right for me; its not shimmeryor sheen-y, and its not overly matte either. Its as close to a natural finish as I've found so far.

If I'm going out somewhere that I want to look glimmery then I'llblend some Stardust in with it, which is a sparkly finishing powder.

_________________
Just turned 30, argh! problem skin due to medication, looking for miracle cure...
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sheens wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Sorry. Silly me! I finally managed to google the right name of the company so now I've found their website. The products look interesting though I'd have to say there aren't as many color options as Alima. I'm about MAC NC25-30. Can you recommend the color shade?


Hi, I'm not sure if your post was addressed to me? Lol, I'll reply anyway just in case.

I don't have much experience with MAC products but if you can describe your skintone, or the description of that MAC shade I can try and match it up with Lilylolo taht I've tried (I must have worked my way through 8 samples before finding the right shade!)

Or, have a look at the forums on the Lush UK website; theres an entire thread on Lilylolo and its huge, and loads of the ladies there have lots of experience with MAC, so they'll probably be able to advise you much better! Thats where I first heard of Lilylolo actually.

Edit; I think the beauty boards at femail (dot) co (dot) uk have a huge Lilylolo thread also, though I havent posted there for ages.


Thanks! I emailed the company yesterday and the recommendation I got was to go for either Popcorn or Warm Honey. Popcorn seems ok on the screen whereas Warm Honey seems too dark. However, since I'm Oriental Asian I've always though I was yellow-undertoned rather than peach-undertoned. I had never even heard of the term peach undertone until I checked out Lily Lilo! Hmmm...don't know what to do. I'm W-2 in Alima. Can you recommend something? I'll have a look on the Lush website as you suggested though.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 2410
Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Hell andaman_gypsy it's only 99p for a sample so I wouldn't deliberate too much over one colour or another. (Just in case you missed the sample page Cool I did on my first visit)
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:09 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Hell Lynn it's only 99p for a sample so I wouldn't deliberate too much over one colour or another. (Just in case you missed the sample page Cool I did on my first visit)


Yeah I did see the sample page. I know most MMU companies offer samples at really low prices. However, I often end up paying a lot more on shipping (to Thailand) or having to ask people for favors to forward the products to me in case the companies don't ship to Thailand. I'm not in anyway being stingy. It's just when I add up all the shipping cost I've paid, I could have quite easily gotten myself a really expensive skincare product!

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 2410
Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean - had the same trouble living in China. Samples get very expensive with postage on top.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Oh I forgot to add in my last post that I did order some samples from Lily Lilo and the shipping was only a few pounds which wasn't bad at all Smile Hopefully, I'll get a right color match from one of the samples so I can order a full size. Anyway, has anyone tried any products besides the foundation?

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
Sheens
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 51
Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lynn, I hope you manage to find the perfect shade!

I had a look an the Alima website, and W-2 looks like Lilylolos Warm Peach to me, which is a bit paler than Popcorn.

As for other products; I've tried their eyeshadows which are very good; the colour stays put all day, and its a strong colour too. I have to say though, that I prefer Fyrinnae for eyeshadows just because they have a huge amount of choice, and lots of glittery as well as matte shades! In terms of quality though both are good in my opinion.

Other than that, I use Stardust as I've mentioned before, which is a sparkly finishing powder. But I think I get a better result if I mix it in with the foundation rather than applying it on top. It gives your skin that Kylie glow.

_________________
Just turned 30, argh! problem skin due to medication, looking for miracle cure...
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2003
Posts: 342
Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of Fyrinnae before, does anyone know if their foundations are any good? Is it actually mmu?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sheens wrote:
Hi Lynn, I hope you manage to find the perfect shade!

I had a look an the Alima website, and W-2 looks like Lilylolos Warm Peach to me, which is a bit paler than Popcorn.

As for other products; I've tried their eyeshadows which are very good; the colour stays put all day, and its a strong colour too. I have to say though, that I prefer Fyrinnae for eyeshadows just because they have a huge amount of choice, and lots of glittery as well as matte shades! In terms of quality though both are good in my opinion.

Other than that, I use Stardust as I've mentioned before, which is a sparkly finishing powder. But I think I get a better result if I mix it in with the foundation rather than applying it on top. It gives your skin that Kylie glow.


Hi Sheens! It's true that Alima W-2 looks more like Lily Lolo Warm Peach. However, in a pot, W-2 looks a bit darker. So, I thought I'd go for Popcorn, but if it's no match I'll order Warm Peach next time. I also ordered Rosy Apple blush. I hope it'll turn out nice on my skin. If I like the products I receive, I'll order full sizes next time along with the Star Dust. It does sound really good Smile Thanks for your help. By the way Fyrinnae eyeshadows are sooooooo gorgeous. Very nice vibrant colors and great varieties as well. I'm glad I keep hearing of more MMU brands. I'm more interested in smaller brands that I don't hear much of on EDS, but since I live in Thailand I don't hear much of MMU at all.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
System
Automatic Message
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Glominerals Contour Kit - Medium to Dark (13.2 g / 0.46 oz) Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)