Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Babor Cleansing Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to write a review of a product I've used for years, the Babor cleansing oil.
This is my HG cleanser and a product I buy again and again. I've used this cleanser for 4-5 years, and even though I stray I always come back to this. It was the first cleanser that really did a huge difference, normalizing my skin and really removing impurities without dryness and irritation, something I didn't think was possible before this came along.

I use the Hy-öl with the phytoactive combination, a nice refreshing "oil toner" that doesn't dry my dehydrated combination skin. The other phytoactives are nice too, but I really love the freshness of the combination. The products come in practical pump bottels with a top you can use to secure the pump during travel etc to avoid spilling. I've travelled with these without problems. I use it by ading 2 pumps of Hy-öl in my hand and massaging it into dry skin focusing on trouble spots around nose etc. Then I add 1 pump of phytoactive and massage it in. I wet my fingres and emulsify the oil mixture before rinsing off. It takes off most makeup (I only have trobule with really stubborn waterproof mascara) and rinses off very easily.

I really have no negative things to say about this cleanser. It is a bit pricy (but cheaper in Germany), but it last me about 5 months.

I love this, I will never do without again. Laughing

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Babor Hy-OL Cleanser (200 ml / 6.7 oz)
Babor Hy-OL Cleanser (200 ml / 6.7 oz)

This gentle hydrophilic (water loving) cleansing oil is formulated with pure herbal ingredients, is free from preservatives and is suitable for all skin types.

Replaced by {{16170}}.

Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the review, Schnee! I have been using Decleors Cleansing Oil for a while now & I'm very pleased with it, but I really want to try something new & the Babor one is definitely on top of my list of "new things to try" because I've heard so many great reviews! Smile
Mabsy

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I started off with the Decleor Cleansing Oil and really liked it at the time but have to admit that when I tried Babor I liked it more. It cleans just as well but seems less oily somehow and thinner. It also removes easier IMO.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Decleor too, but found the lack of pump bottle annoying, very messy. And it doesn't give the fresh clean feeling I get from Babor.

I have also tried DHC, Kanebo, Fancl and a lot more, but still prefer Babor. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I purchased Babor Hy Ol (along with Phytoactive Sensitive) after Mabsy and Schnee mentioned. I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet. Now that I've read it's quite light I'm worried it might be drying? My skin is very dry, dehydrated and super sensitive Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the Hy Ol without the Phytoactive afterwards, with good results? I am interested in the oil, but I don't want to add another product to my regimen. Wink
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the wonderful review.. I've been eyeing their cleansers for a long time.. Surprised
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Has anyone used the Hy Ol without the Phytoactive afterwards, with good results? I am interested in the oil, but I don't want to add another product to my regimen. Wink

I prefer to use it with a phytoactive since it gives the fresh feeling, but you can use the hy-öl alone too. I've used it alone, but even though it cleanses well I do find it a bit harder to rinse off without the phytoactive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I should give it a try next time as I still stick to my Shu Urmura cleansing oil -- boring already.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
Thanks so much for the review, Schnee! I have been using Decleors Cleansing Oil for a while now & I'm very pleased with it, but I really want to try something new & the Babor one is definitely on top of my list of "new things to try" because I've heard so many great reviews! Smile

I found that I preferred the Dr. H Cleansing Cream so a friend who already is a Decleor convert is getting my Cleansing oil.
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I tried a generous sample of the Hy-ol and fell in love with it but the fact that it has to be used together with the phytoactive for optimum results made me decide against buying the full size at the moment as I've already invested TOO much in other skin care departments...but I probably will after finishing up my current oil-based cleanser (kose sekkisei which I'm also getting kinda bored with, does the job but doesn't leave me feeling wow-ed).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
The Hy-Ol does work well on it's own when used without the Photoactive or any of the other ones you choose, but alone it's basically much the same as any other Cleansing oil and both products used together last much longer than you'd imagine so it's worthwhile purchasing both products for the full effect.
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Babor cleansing oils are the only cleanser that's ever really impressed me. I have both the original hy-ol and the azulen version and the base,azulen and reactivating phytoactives, which I've used interchangeably. The reactivating phytoactive is my favourite - if used (with the hy-ol) as a facial massage oil, I've found it also exfoliates and leaves me looking like I've just come back from holiday. My only problem is that I've had to discontinue use for a few months as my skin began to clog. Might have something to do with the amount I was using. I was greasing right up - only a little more and I would have been prepped to swim the English Channel.Smile

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
happylydia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Question!
is the Babor HY-OL some kind of make up remover? or it is a face cleanser that i dun need to use another cleanser after applying HY-OL??

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi happylydia,
Hy-ol is a cleanser that also removes make-up like a snap. You have to massage the oil on your skin, then add one of the phytoactives on top, then splash a bit of water on to turn it into a milky emulsion and then rinse off. Voila! Pristine.

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
Yulia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I was excited to receive the Hy-ol and Phytoactive Sensitive in a swap on Makeupalley; however, disappointingly it does not emulsify with water Confused. I have used other oil cleansers (Shu Uemura and Dermalogica Precleanse) and they have emulsified just fine. The Babor, however, does not mix with water at all! It just stays on my face like cooking oil Sad, and using the Phytoactive with it doesn't help. Has anyone else had this problem with Hy-ol? My Hy-ol does smell a bit old and musty, is it possible that it loses its emulsifying capability over time? Who knows how long the person who sent it to me had it before swapping with me?!

I really want to like this because, unlike other oil cleansers, Hy-ol does not irritate my sensitive rosacea skin, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't emulsify. Should I risk purchasing a fresh bottle of Hy-ol??

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Yulia
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Yulia,
I don't think I've ever had a problem with the emulsification. Not sure what ratio of hy-ol to phytoactive you're using, but I used to go with 4 pumps of hy-ol, massage, add 2-3 pumps of phytoactive, massage and then start wetting fingers down with water and keep adding a little more water into the massage 'til it emulsifies. I hope this helps.

vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:20 am      Reply with quote
i totally agree with you. ive used oilbased cleanser for years and my oily skin is normalised. have u used the Eve Lom cleanser with the muslin cloth??? Out of this world
Yulia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi, thanks for your comments ejthomas Smile

I was using 3 pump of Hy-Ol and 2 pumps of the Phytoactive. The Phytoactive made no difference to the Hy-Ol, there really was no emulsification going on at all! I've decided that my Hy-Ol has passed its expiry date, it smells pretty musty. I'll probably end up purchasing a fresh Hy-Ol with my next EDS order, hopefully I'll have better luck!

Cheers!
Yulia
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |