Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Jurlique Herbal Recovery + Jan Marini Bioclear = miracle!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
And, just a quick update, my good results just keep coming Smile Not such a dramatic difference in the morning today but my skin already is looking more even. Admittedly, I have peeled slightly in two places (over two skin bumps) but I have also just been able to squeeze out a bump that I've had for a very long time.

I think that it's not just the combination of Jurlique and BHA/AHAs, but also the quantity of them. Perhaps I was not using enough of the Bioglycolic in the past to get full results? So much for being stingy with skincare Rolling Eyes

Mabsy,
What is your complete routine now?
Thanks,
Wild Cat

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
i apply jURLIQUE HRG after Remergent DNA repair serum. not bad at all.
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Marina. I was curious if the JM age intervention might be something I wanted to try that might replace PSF Cranberry Eye Gel and Stimucol-C in my routine. I suppose that one eye product that does everything is too much to hope for!
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I was very intriqued by this thread so thought I would try a little experiment of my own w/ my HRG. I have been underwhelmed by its performance (very Sad considering the price) but last night I put a generous amount over my 2% Salicylic Acid and this a.m. I was very pleased w/ how my skin looked. One of the problems I had w/ the HRG was I didn't feel it was "enough" for me alone @ night - this has given it a second chance for me. My skin looks and feels lovely this a.m. Hmmm...
Mabsy

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:

Mabsy,
What is your complete routine now?
Thanks,
Wild Cat

At the moment:

AM:
Caudalie Gentle Cleanser
Phytomer rose toner
Ultraceuticals Ultra C Sheer cream
Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel
Cellcosmet Eye Cream
SunKiller sunblock

PM:
Caudalie Gentle Cleanser
Phytomer rose toner
Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear lotion
Cellcosmet Eye Cream

The morning isn't working for me well because of the Ultraceuticals balling-up but I am trying to finish this off (and won't be buying it again...).

HTH

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
That's very interesting. Thank you for trying it and letting us know the results. I would really like to understand exactly why the larger amounts of AHA/BHA seem to have such a big impact with the Jurlique HRG but I think it may be related to concentration.... Either way, I'm still very happy with the results and still using the "larger than usual" quantity of Jan Marini. Less visible pores, less bumpy skin, more even tone

Bunny7475 wrote:
I was very intriqued by this thread so thought I would try a little experiment of my own w/ my HRG. I have been underwhelmed by its performance (very Sad considering the price) but last night I put a generous amount over my 2% Salicylic Acid and this a.m. I was very pleased w/ how my skin looked. One of the problems I had w/ the HRG was I didn't feel it was "enough" for me alone @ night - this has given it a second chance for me. My skin looks and feels lovely this a.m. Hmmm...

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Patty,

I love the age intervention eye cream...didn't like the c-esta one though...I have a sample of the jurlique & will try it with what's left of some old bio-clear-thanks JM for putting expiration dates on her stuff so I know it's still good.

Not to hijack this thread, but hurray! finally someone who is using this eye cream... Marina, would you mind doing a review of it when you get a chance?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Will do, as an aside I've had the flu & have been out of it for a couple of days..I haven't washed my face Embarassed since saturday night (no strength to get out of bed)-my eyes are still well moisturized with JM-no crepiness at all.. This is a first.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
[
At the moment:

AM:
Caudalie Gentle Cleanser
Phytomer rose toner
Ultraceuticals Ultra C Sheer cream
Cellcosmet Eye Cream
SunKiller sunblock

PM:
Caudalie Gentle Cleanser
Phytomer rose toner
Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear lotion
Cellcosmet Eye Cream

The morning isn't working for me well because of the Ultraceuticals balling-up but I am trying to finish this off (and won't be buying it again...)HTH

Thanks Mabsy,
So which C-serum you are going to use after you are done with Ultraceuticals?
Wild Cat

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Will do, as an aside I've had the flu & have been out of it for a couple of days..I haven't washed my face Embarassed since saturday night (no strength to get out of bed)-my eyes are still well moisturized with JM-no crepiness at all.. This is a first.

Ah marina, you and me both! I came down with it early yesterday and haven't been able to do a thing. Mine is the stomach flu, not influenza, so I'm completely dehyrdrated. My lips have actually started cracking and bleeding! I'm trying to take in as much water/fruit as I can but it's just so difficult to keep in my system. I hate being sick! Mad
Mabsy

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Thanks Mabsy,
So which C-serum you are going to use after you are done with Ultraceuticals?
Wild Cat

Well, I still have a while to go with the cream but I'm thinking of going back to either Vivier 20% or PSF 20%. I might also try Candy's vit C serum. I'm still on the fence really in terms of what I will get. I've not been happy with my last two C products (the Ultraceuticals and the EmerginC serum - the EmerginC was very good but I really dislike the oily sticky texture) so I'm left a little un-inspired and leaning towards the tried and tested I guess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
i have heard the Jan Marini Bioclear is pretty amazing. I am getting good results with their bioglycolic face lotion but want to try the bioclear in the future since both yield similar results from what i have heard but are in different forms.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Mmm...very interesting to read Mabsy's new findings:)

So attempted to try out Jan Marni's Bioclear now.

Thanks Mabsy Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I recently bought Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel and couldn't wait to try it out after reading so much rave about it. It didn't feel moisturizing enough so I used Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream with it in the morning and Cle de Peau La Creme with at night. On the first day, by the end of the day, I was left with some small pimples on my cheeks and I never break out with pimples! I thought it might be a coincidence so I kept on trying for a few more days without any luck. I decided to use it without any moisturizer on top, but same results...breakouts Sad I'm wondering if it'll be any different if I use it with AHA/BHA. I'd love to try Jan Marini one after reading Mabsy's review, but EDS doesn't ship Jan Marini products outside of North America. Can someone recommend other AHA/BHA products? Thanks!

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:18 am      Reply with quote
One of my friends emailed me after trying this and said that her face was really soft in the morning. I'm still very happy with this and continuing to use it.

Lynn - MDF makes some very good AHA/BHA products but I just had a look and couldn't find anything for you that was similar to the JM. The closest I can find here I guess is the DDF glycolic gel that also has 2% salicylic. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ddf-glycolic-10-exfoliati-p_3794.htm I haven't tried it myself, I'm just purely going on the description of the item and the ingredients. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
One of my friends emailed me after trying this and said that her face was really soft in the morning. I'm still very happy with this and continuing to use it.

Lynn - MDF makes some very good AHA/BHA products but I just had a look and couldn't find anything for you that was similar to the JM. The closest I can find here I guess is the DDF glycolic gel that also has 2% salicylic. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ddf-glycolic-10-exfoliati-p_3794.htm I haven't tried it myself, I'm just purely going on the description of the item and the ingredients. HTH

Mabsy,

Thank you. I'm not sure if the product is right for me. It says it's for oily skin and my skin is dry parched. Sad

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:35 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Mabsy,

Thank you. I'm not sure if the product is right for me. It says it's for oily skin and my skin is dry parched. Sad

Yes, the AHA and BHA products tend to dry the skin out so they are usually targeted at oilier skin types. Mine is not oily and I'm fine with the JM but given your skin type, I would not recommend that you use an AHA product every night like I am. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that has a more moisturising base and still has the AHA/BHA combo. I'll let you know if I have an Eureka moment though Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Mabsy,

Yes, the AHA and BHA products tend to dry the skin out so they are usually targeted at oilier skin types. Mine is not oily and I'm fine with the JM but given your skin type, I would not recommend that you use an AHA product every night like I am. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that has a more moisturising base and still has the AHA/BHA combo. I'll let you know if I have an Eureka moment though Smile

Thanks! My skin is so dry, flaky and bumpy that I just wanna do whatever to make it better Smile How did you get your JM lotion?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Thanks! My skin is so dry, flaky and bumpy that I just wanna do whatever to make it better Smile How did you get your JM lotion?

I bought my first bottle years ago on EDS before JM decided to be silly and restrict sales. I travel to the US a fair bit recently so I pick up whatever I can't get.

Btw, have you tried Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream? Might be good for clearing out the bumps if you use it regularly and it's definitely not drying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:

I bought my first bottle years ago on EDS before JM decided to be silly and restrict sales. I travel to the US a fair bit recently so I pick up whatever I can't get.

Btw, have you tried Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream? Might be good for clearing out the bumps if you use it regularly and it's definitely not drying.

Did you mean bumps as in clogged pores or acne? I don't have neither. I'm not sure what they are, but they feel like fine little rashy bumps. They're only in patches on certain area of my face Sad I've thought about DHCC, but I can never figure out how to use it properly. I tried Jurlique Face Wash Cream before, but it didn't do anything, but that's probably because I wasn't using it properly.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:57 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Did you mean bumps as in clogged pores or acne? I don't have neither. I'm not sure what they are, but they feel like fine little rashy bumps. They're only in patches on certain area of my face Sad I've thought about DHCC, but I can never figure out how to use it properly. I tried Jurlique Face Wash Cream before, but it didn't do anything, but that's probably because I wasn't using it properly.

Yes, it's good with congested skin (very similar to Jurlique cleansing cream). I wonder if you have sensitive skin that is reacting to something then....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:

Yes, it's good with congested skin (very similar to Jurlique cleansing cream). I wonder if you have sensitive skin that is reacting to something then....

Possibly. I've always suffered from eczema and dermatitis, but never had any breakout on my face. I'd rather they are clogged pores as I wouldn't have to do try to figure out what it is I'm allergic to. It's always such a pain. Do you think emu oil will help with dry flaky skin?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:07 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Possibly. I've always suffered from eczema and dermatitis, but never had any breakout on my face. I'd rather they are clogged pores as I wouldn't have to do try to figure out what it is I'm allergic to. It's always such a pain. Do you think emu oil will help with dry flaky skin?

If you're allergic to something then the only way really is to eliminate it out. A pain, I know. I'm not sure abut Emu Oil, I don't know much about it. Gut feeling says it would be great for dry skin (mainly because leeleedeedee likes it and she has dry sensitive skin) but try to search through the previous reviews and read up about it. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:

If you're allergic to something then the only way really is to eliminate it out. A pain, I know. I'm not sure abut Emu Oil, I don't know much about it. Gut feeling says it would be great for dry skin (mainly because leeleedeedee likes it and she has dry sensitive skin) but try to search through the previous reviews and read up about it. HTH

This problem only started since I started using PSF Retinol 0.5%. I used it twice in 2 weeks and gave it up as my skin was peeling too much and got all flakey. It's been weeks, but my skin is still suffering. The only new product I've used recently is Jurlique HRG. Thanks again for your help, Mabsy Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

How's it going with the JM/HR combo? It's over a month now... I'm out of active serum and can't purchase another right now-this is completely the fault of everyone's raves for products that are costing me a fortune and my inability to resist Embarassed The bioclear looks relatively cheap right now Rolling Eyes Hopefully, you still like it.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |