Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
bumpy skin..........again
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
okay everybody,

the only way to solve this problem is for everyone to fess up... name everything you are using in your routine, and maybe there is a common issue??? This is entirely strange that suddenly everyone is getting weird bumps....

mine were only on my cheeks and on my chin, and then they migrated up towards my eyes and a little on my forehead. they were so small,they were the texture of sandpaper...

come to think of it, i had tried carekate's pearl paste and Julie Hewitt's ora mineral powder together about a day before i broke out... but also had been dousing my skin with rosehip seed oil twice per day for about a week before that....

i was using:
rosehip seed oil + HA
darphin chamomile aromatic fluid
osea cleanser (never made me break out before, used 10+ yrs)
avene mist
CE Ferulic
carekate pearl creme sample
epicuren colostrum cream
SC retinol
JB apple peel (sensitive)
osea hydrating white algae mask
osea advanced protection cream

all osea and epicuren products have never made me break out before, and CE Ferulic my skin tolerates fairly well.

we will solve this!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have much in common with your list, avalange.

Dr. Hauschka cleanisng milk
DHCC
Dr. H normalizing oil - occasionally with some diluted camomille E.O
ACV
Candy's Triple C
Rosehip oil with SKB or HA occasionally
Avene mist
YSL foundation
MAC concealer

Aspirin mask once a week or Carekate's supersonic mask
Occasionally Dr. H rejuvenating mask

I am so fed up with this. WTH is happening!!! Admitedly, the winter isn't helping. But I am constantly running a humidifier (which I clean etc).
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
rosehip seed oil?
anyone else?

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Or camomille???
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
2 more of my cents - I did notice about 10 days ago that I was getting not really bumps, but roughness on my forehead. I had been using more rose hip seed oil more than anything. I started mixing the rose hip seed oil with emu and the roughness is almost gone. For me, I think it was dry dehydrated skin in conjunction with winter weather and central heat.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I think it has something to do with dehydration too and general winter blahness where my skin is no longer sure if it's oily or dry and kinda going crazy. MAybe exfoliation followed by a good moisturizer....

Keep the 2-cents rolling, they add up!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
If I don't shut up I'll go broke

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this list has ever made it's way around EDS, but some of you may want to check it out. It lists some common skincare/cosmetics ingredients that may cause acne/irritation.

I'm NOT saying that it's skincare gospel (because it's not!) -- it's simply for your own reference. I have found it helpful. I usually check it out before trying out a new product -- that way, *IF* I try something new and break out, I have an idea of what may have caused it.

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

HTH
Marla

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I got horrible dry bumpy zitty skin once from over-enthusiastic exfoliation with that dreadful Susan Lucci woman's skincare system.

Now I never ever physically abrade the skin on my face. If I have to exfoliate, I alternate between using enyzmes and mild acid (l-ascorbic acid and salicyclic acid). All homemade DIY for the past 8 months. My family has told me that my skin now looks glowing and healthy.

Be very careful with physical exfoliation.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Those bumps sound similar to mine. They do not itch, they are just there, on my cheeks and sides of face. Nothing comes out, its just really wierd. Its funny, I didn't think it was water because I never drink water. I will look into different things though and see if I can't tolerate something. The products I have been using are rosehip oil, emu oil, lactic acid 10 percent, bha, mandelic, skb, carekates pearl cream, cps. Like I said, I haven't touched the acids since Sunday, or was it Saturday, can't remember. I did do a lactic acid peel Saturday night because the bumps were bothering me so bad I was trying to get rid of them. I hope they go away soon.

I have a question. When one does a yogurt and aloe vera mask, should the aloe vera be clear or green? Stupid question I know, but the stuff I have says 100 percent aloe vera but it has other stuff in it too. Just wondering.
Thanks for all your input everyone.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, sorry. I forgot to add that I don't wear makeup hardly ever. Maybe once every two or three months. Just depending on if anything is going on, like a special event or something. Even then I am more likely to just smack on some peter thomas roth primer and some lipstick. I really hate the feel of makeup.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to mix some yogurt and aloe vera gel (clear) together - sounds like hydration to me though.

Rosehip oil is cropping up a fair bit, hmmmm
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
MMU gives me bumps.. So I basically wear nothing on the face but moisturizers.. Crying or Very sad
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:

I am trying to address the issue of tiny bumps on my skin. Thanks, Rae

Have you actually sought a professional opinion on the bumps?

I also have bumps and have consulted four dermatologists about them. They all said the same thing, they were cysts (I'm sorry but I have forgotten the proper medical name they used). This was confirmed by one of the derms cutting one bump out and sending it off to pathology.

The prognosis wasn't great - they all said that they were very hard to treat. I did get my forehead lasered and that got rid of the larger ones, but smaller ones kept on appearing. Then they started to appear on my cheeks and side of my face, in my opinion they seem to take hold and then spread. I can't tell you how much I hate them - they are the bane of my life.

However, after allot of trial and error, I have had some success in treating them myself. I do a 65% lactic acid peel once a week. In the PM I apply a retinol serum, wait 30 mins then apply CP serum. I then apply Supercop x2 to the bumpy areas. I am now also trying a 12.5% TCA peel.

Results: my forehead is now much, much smoother and the lumps on my cheeks are much less noticeable. Its a slow process, but I think the acid, retinol and CP are slowly "eating" into the bumps and I certainly don't seem to have any new ones appearing. I have also switched to the OCM which is very effective in cleansing my skin thoroughly. I used to use an exfoliating scrub every day but as much as I rubbed and scrubbed, there was always makeup residue. The OCM is gentle but very effective.

Hope this is of some help to you - but I think you should definitely visit a dermatologist and find out what kind of bumps they are.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
BUMP...Has anubody resolved this bumpy issue???!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
well, my bumps went away a while ago. They were certainly some type of skin reaction. Perhaps to rosehip seed oil--not sure, though, since the reaction did not necessarily correlate with where I was putting the oil.

I think some of the younger bumpy gals' bumps are hormonal, or congestion--I am no professional and I've no idea how to address those kinds of bumps. I am sure that excessive exfoliation is not the answer, but maybe lactic acid can help. I used to have hormonal/product-related (clinique, buff-puff et al) bumps on my cheeks in high school, but since I've been using mostly natural, high-quality skintype specific prducts on my skin, I've been okay... Until the hard water got me in Paris! I've adjusted now, and have learned so much here recently as well.

Curious as to the others' experiences--please post!

--avalange

razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I still got em. I ordered some avene mist but I don't know where to order the wild rose capsules from. I still haven't used any acids but I have been mixing yogurt and aloe together. The yogurt just chunks up and it dosen't stay on my skin. What am I doing wrong. It never did this with just aspririn or honey. Does this make sense to anyone? What should I do?
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think you should calm your skin with oils that many previous members suggested. For cleansing use OCM method.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
I still got em. I ordered some avene mist but I don't know where to order the wild rose capsules from. I still haven't used any acids but I have been mixing yogurt and aloe together. The yogurt just chunks up and it dosen't stay on my skin. What am I doing wrong. It never did this with just aspririn or honey. Does this make sense to anyone? What should I do?

hmmm, rae.

i live in france where yogurt is just wonderfully creamy and makes a fine base for a mask... what kind of yogurt are you using?? and where do you live? weleda is found in most health food stores, definitely at whole foods or similar. you can use buttermilk as well for the diy lactic acid mask. make sure to use whole milk products; i could imagine the fat free stuff not working at all. horizon organics is a good line if you can find it, and the greek yogurt "total" that they sell at TJs would be ideal.
i usually crush a few aspirin in the yogurt as well.

also, i'd think that skb over aloe in the mask would be nice... but you said you already have a lactic acid peel--what other ingredients are in it? if it is pure, that should be stronger than the diy yogurt version--maybe mix them together to get a more nourishing brew?

aloe is different colors all the time in my experience. if it just has citric acid and a light preservative, it should be fine. if it has a numbing agent, don't use it.

hth, i hope they go away soon!

--avalange

artichoketrish
5% products discount

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Fresh Body Market makes yogurt specifically for your skin. haven't tried it yet but its $14 for 4 8oz containers. my bumps are in the process of going away. i think it was dehydration/congestion. i now use coconut oil to clean, emu oil to moisturize,asprin/avacado oil as exfoliation, and mychelle pumpkin peel 2x week for my mask. i have fair,sensitive skin so all of this works great for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am so confused about this issue. There seems to be a dichotomy where one half has been able to "treat" these bumps via strong acids and exfoliants. On the other hand, over-exfoliation CAN be A cause for these bumps for some people so which is it and how do you know? I definitely think mind are hormonal and have them under control even though they are not gone. I usually get mine around my jawline area on my cheeks and on my chin (even though I do wash that area of my face and exfoliate). So I think I'm the former half in this issue but then again how do I know when I'm overdoing it and worsening my bumps? I mean if I get a sudden outbreak how do I know whether it's hormonal or due to over-exfoliation?
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I get my yogurt from the grocery store. Its the dannon 7 vit. thingy. I don't know. I am not near anywhere that sells the weleda stuff.
I get the lactic acid from dianeyvonne.com, I can't remember if there is any added ingredients but I can check. What are you saying I should add?
I am still doing the yogurt and aloe mask. I just want to get rid of these. They look to me like bumpy skin texture, so gross.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Do you think I would get just as much benefit using pure aloe without the yogurt, rub it in a bit, leave it on for a while then rinse it off? I have been doing the yogurt aloe, but I get lazy sometimes late at night and its so much neater and easier to just slap some aloe on, but I don't know if I am getting any benefits from it so I only did it twice, this morning and night.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:45 am      Reply with quote
razinkane,

not sure if the aloe would do much all on its own. it is protective and healing, but the reason it is there with the yogurt is because yogurt has lactic acid and will exfoliate your skin, while a bit of aloe will calm your skin at the same time and provide a bit better texture to the mask--it will hold it together. you can try it and see if it helps--but you should really err on the side of caution and consistency--don't really introduce anything new and don't overdo it until you figure out what is causing your bumps: either something you are doing to or putting on your skin. then you can avoid that in the future!

--avalange

razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks avalange. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |