Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sales people can make you feel crappy...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure they get people in there who are just looking...especially because it is Tiffany's. Maybe they assumed I was just in there to look (I've done that in Gucci...just to go in and drool). I went into LV and was helped right away (or at least asked right away).

But I used to work in retail AND customer service. Most places I worked had a policy that you at least make contact with a customer within 30 seconds of them walking into a store (hence retail SAs seem pushy...but that's what we are told by management!).
I know at Victoria's Secret I had to do that. I was just in VS and was hounded by gals wanted me to open a VS card account, if they could help, etc. When I worked there we didn't work on commission, but we DID get better schedules if we had sales.
I guess I'd rather have people ask me over and over again (though it can get annoying) than for them to assume I'm just looking and won't buy anything. My philosphy is to treat all customers as potential sales...whether they tell you "just looking" or not. I made sure I was always visible if I was assigned to a particular room and someone told me they were just looking. I wouldn't pester them, but I wanted them to know I was there in case they couldn't find a size or color they wanted.

Our Coach store is always great, haven't been into our LV yet (I was in the one in Scottsdale). Cole Haan was alright. Burberry was horrible (my mum thought so too...we hit Burberry before LV...that's what made my mum decide on LV and not Burberry was because of the lack of service...).

I guess it just depends on who you get, when you get them, and how good a day they are having...which reminds me...there's nothing worse than asking the SA asking how you are, you say fine/great/good, whatever, then you ask them back and their reply is "oh, I'm alright <sad face>" or "<sigh> I'm alive which is good since I've been here for 9 hours already" or "Well I'm at work, how great can I be?"...all of which I've gotten! Makes me feel guilty that they have to wait on me.

Brick wall I should have used Ari's line!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
but I think I would have taken a whiff of the fragrance and said, just loud enough to be heard, but not loud enough to be rude, "Oh god this is just hideous!" .

Eeeeekkk Laughing That is perfect.

ParisT come to Tiffany in London. It is not as upscale as some of the really really really expensive shops and the service is actually quite friendly. If you are in the market for the posh stuff they have personal shoppers but for mid range everyone and their mum has got a tiffany heart necklace. I am such a weak weak jellyfish with jewelry and I am always in there even if I do not buy or buy later and people are helpful. Do you remember Audrey Hepburn getting a crackerjack ring engraved there for $10? It was a branch in America. What would Audrey say??? Shame on Tiffanys.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I feed bad for you Paris. I too hate the uncomfortable feeling of being treated like a 2nd class citizen when I'm there to spend. When I shop, I tend to wear runners so I can get the shopping done effectively. I don't have a car since I don't really need one. I still feel self concious but I try not to let it bother me. If I get treated badly, I think-great; it saves me some money. Plus most times, I can already look at what I want in person and buy the same thing online.
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Paris, I'm sorry this happened. I have the same problem at the Whole Foods deli, meat & seafood counters. I've been writing on their comment cards to try to get my local Whole Foods to go to the "take a number" system that other Whole Foods stores have. Maybe you could also convert Tiffany's to "take a number." Very Happy
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Don't feel bad. They were just being a bunch of dumb a$$es. At least you have your new fragrance so that should make you happy. Chin up buckaroo. Wink

5% products discount

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
wow mac8!! whole foods doing that blows my mind. granted i never really go in there unless it's for cosmetics and vitamins but in that section at least, there are always people there to help me with whatever i need. (and they are educated too Smile sucks to hear that!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
MAC8 wrote:
Paris, I'm sorry this happened. I have the same problem at the Whole Foods deli, meat & seafood counters. I've been writing on their comment cards to try to get my local Whole Foods to go to the "take a number" system that other Whole Foods stores have. Maybe you could also convert Tiffany's to "take a number." Very Happy

I've noticed that too. I was looking at something in front of the deli, not in line, and there was a man next to me who was clearly waiting. The guy behind the counter tells him, "I know you were first, but I'm going to help her, she's a lot prettier than you." He was joking, but still....some people don't play like that.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I KNOW!!! I thought I was doing something good...his gp's are very well off...and I thought they would understand the value and sentiment....I was wrong. That was the last expensive gift I gave them. Now they get a bottle of wine and some truffels....done!
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Olivia, can't you ask for the clock back from the child's parents? I know if it were my sister or someone close to me, they would understand.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |