Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Ugh, I have such cramps and stomach ache
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:23 am      Reply with quote
because of my period, what can I do to feel better? Crying or Very sad

(sorry, if this is disgusting, but knew I could talk to my girlfriends at EDS Smile )
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
oh well, I'll survive. Confused
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
drats, I was hoping someone would respond. Sad Where's sly fox Babyfish?

Ugh, I'm responding to my own posts again. Anxious
Mabsy

Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Retail therapy!!!! Sorry Embarassed I mean, you should make yourself a nice cup of herbal tea and get a heat pack too.

You should also take a vitamin complex that has vit B1, B6, B12 and fish oil in it. That won't help you right now but it should do next time. Also I just read that evening primrose oil is good for that as well (plus it's supposed to have some welcome side effects Wink)

Hope you feel better!
Mabsy
Caspers Mum

Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ibuprofen (Advil) or naproxen-soidum (Alleve). Both are prostaglandins, and will alleviate cramping. Word to wise: take it a couple of days PRIOR, and you'll nix them before they start. Embarassed
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Stretching always helps... certain yoga poses to stretch the legs and abdomen (sp?)

If all else fails, Midol is good to get rid of cramps.
Pinay24
5% products discount

Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Take 1/2 teaspoon of salt(or mix it in water) & a couple of calcium tablet. Each time we have periods, we lost salt ,calcium & magnesium thats is why we tend to have cramps & stomachache or abdominal pain.
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Fantasia wrote:

(sorry, if this is disgusting, but knew I could talk to my girlfriends at EDS Smile )

Please check your private message. Thanks Wink

5% products discount

Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
try a warm bath also (with the aleve/tylenol/advil rec's), or a heating pad. that helps me sometimes.

or a glass of wine and a hot bath, with a book or magainze, and some bubbles.....hmm.....okay, now that's what i want to do and my stomache is fine!

sorry about the cramps. Crying or Very sad one of those cruddy things we women have to put up with.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I sympathise, I had serious period pains, to the extent that they caused me to be off work for 2-3 days a month. the doc put me on a pill called cilest and it totally stopped the pain. However, not likeing to take hormones (that's why I had a sterilization, duh!) I came off them and now use 2000mg per day of evening primrose oil and black cohosh. I still have a little discomfort, but it is 95% better, plus my libido has returned and my tits have filled out Very Happy , so I'd say a good result all round. Oh, and EPO is very good for the skin too! Hope that is some help. Liz

PS it takes about 6-8 weeks to get a good improvement, but even after 2 weeks of taking them my first period was significantly less painful
bellaarabella

Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Fantasia wrote:

I suffer from really bad cramps and I got a perscription for NAPROXEN which is great, 10 times better than midol. Give it a try.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:19 am      Reply with quote
You ladies get Lush in the USA right?
They have a pink & white bubble bath bar that has clary sage in it - can't remember the name. That's nice and soothing for cramps.
mlmaier
5% products discount

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
gupagirl....where do you get EPO? in the natural section in a store, or is it more of a specialty store? thanks!
monica
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Healthfood store or even a drugstore with a vitamin section often carries EPO.

Good luck with it.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks girls for your advise. Boy did this knock me off of my feet this week. I felt absolutely miserable. I sure did appreciate your help with my "curse" hee hee
Mabsy

Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:55 am      Reply with quote
wave

Glad to see you're feeling better! Have you seen a Dr or a naturopath to see what they would suggest as a measure to keep this under control?
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Hellooooo Mabsy darling Very Happy

Yes, and she suggests a DNC which is no big deal she said. Will update you when I schedule it. Dr. says no hurry.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Fantasia wrote:
Hellooooo Mabsy darling Very Happy

Yes, and she suggests a DNC which is no big deal she said. Will update you when I schedule it. Dr. says no hurry.

is that as in 'dilation and cuterrage'? euwww hope not! Shock
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
um, i think something to that fact where they scrap the cervix but i'll be totally asleep and go home the same day. very very common she says. hope so and then it will help my cramping and clotting during my period Confused
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
D&C is usually where they scrape the lining of the uterus. I had one a few years ago and ended up with pelvic inflamatory disease. Please try other options first like EPO or even the pill, because although it's rare to get PID, it can lead to sterility. take care
Liz xxx

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Agreed I'm always wary of anyone wanting to scrape anything off me! I always look at a natural solution before going for the knife. I've found when I don't watch my diet or give to my sugar cravings that I do feel worse but knowing that with a little bit of herbal help I can control my body not my body contolling me a few days a month.

BTW I read an article which said about taking ibuprofen instead of regular pain killers as the pain is caused through cramping and ib. deals with that kind of imflammation better - also by anticipating when your period starts and taking ib.actually reduces flow?

Fantasia - is this every month or just occasionally?
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
D&C is usually where they scrape the lining of the uterus. I had one a few years ago and ended up with pelvic inflamatory disease. Please try other options first like EPO or even the pill, because although it's rare to get PID, it can lead to sterility. take care
Liz xxx

What are the symptoms for PID? Curious.... Question
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:20 am      Reply with quote
apparantly they can vary, but with me it was very high temperature, delerium and pain like you cannot believe...I had a long 30 hour labour with a high forceps delivery and that was nothing in comparison. I honestly thought I was dying. I was rushed to hospital and given antibiotics, I think intraveniously as I don't really have much recall of it and they weren't letting me eat as one Dr thought I had a ruptured appendix which meant he had to do a rectal exam every 12 hour (WTH!!!!!!!) and I had to be on stand by for an op. After 4 days I was discharged and given a cocktail of 24 antibiotics a day to take for 2-3 weeks. This totally wiped me out for nearly 18 months and made conception a few years later very difficult. This is a rare reaction, but it is significant and in some cases it can make you sterile. Have D&Cs if absolutly necessary, but in your case it isn't and I would strongly advise you to explore all other avenues available.
Sorry that this has been a bit long winded and not in my usual jokey style, but this IS a serious issue for all women who get pushed into medical interventions by Drs. Take control of your own body!
Liz Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Liz, hmmm, Think, I will certainly discuss this with my doctor, you have me thinking and I so so appreciate you taking the time writing this to me , How terrible though you had to go through such a awful experience, are you ok now?

Eve, where can I get Lush again? It sounds heavenly. Smile Where can I find it?

Bella, I've tried Naproxen, but man, oh man, does it make me tired, woo, but I do take it when I'm abosutely in pain, thanks Wink

mlmaier ahhh, i take a bublly bath no matter what and Cheers to ya (as we clink wine glasses) Laughing

Pinay, tried your suggestion but felt very bloated afterwards, even my hands. Confused but a wonderful suggestion
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I hope this thread has helped other girls too.

EDS is a faboulous website for reasons other than just makeup, and access., isn't it
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |