Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

favorite color of eye shadow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried any of the Christian Dior e/s but I have their limited edition highlighters. I'm a big fan of limited edition stuff too - I particularly like Stila's trios. However I find CD a bit too expensive so I have never been too intrigued by their e/s.

But I like more natural looks but I've been experimenting with different colours - I used steamy today in my crease and I like it but I find personal preference I definitely tone it down a lot. But I totally recommend MAC's satin taupe and if you can get your hands on their coco OR subtle pigment I think it'll be really nice on your skin tone and in your crease. It's definitely my fav for all time and you can use it for any occasion, for work or for a night out it'll never fail you on. But if you ever stop by a Stila counter, check out Irma La Douce because I've never fallen in love with a green and this one is one that I use a lot in my crease. There are similar olives like MAC's nightlight pigment or golden olive but this one is really natural and blends really well.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have medium yellow-toned skin and I like different intensities of browns e.g. MAC espresso, MAC tempting, MAC shroom (with no red undertones!), olive greens (MAC sumptuous olive), and my fav of all a deep eggplant for a smokey look (MAC shadowy lady).
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I haven't tried any of the Christian Dior e/s but I have their limited edition highlighters. I'm a big fan of limited edition stuff too - I particularly like Stila's trios. However I find CD a bit too expensive so I have never been too intrigued by their e/s.

But I like more natural looks but I've been experimenting with different colours - I used steamy today in my crease and I like it but I find personal preference I definitely tone it down a lot. But I totally recommend MAC's satin taupe and if you can get your hands on their coco OR subtle pigment I think it'll be really nice on your skin tone and in your crease. It's definitely my fav for all time and you can use it for any occasion, for work or for a night out it'll never fail you on. But if you ever stop by a Stila counter, check out Irma La Douce because I've never fallen in love with a green and this one is one that I use a lot in my crease. There are similar olives like MAC's nightlight pigment or golden olive but this one is really natural and blends really well.

Really? I've always thought Stila is overpriced in Thailand! For a few dollars more I can get myself a Dior eyeshadow. However, I've never bought any eyeshadows from Dior...just keep nicking them from my mum Razz However, I might treat myself to Dior Incognito this Chinese New Year's Very Happy As for MAC Coco pigment, I think it's out of stock here. For some reason, MAC doesn't have a big stock here in Thailand. I just checked out La Douche eyeshadow from Stila. Honestly, on the screen it doesn't look very nice, but then again, I never get the right color on the screen. I'll drop by Stila counter and have a look. Anyway, it seems you like to wear eyeshadow in your crease. Do you use just one single color? If I only wear one color, I apply it all over my eye lid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
I have medium yellow-toned skin and I like different intensities of browns e.g. MAC espresso, MAC tempting, MAC shroom (with no red undertones!), olive greens (MAC sumptuous olive), and my fav of all a deep eggplant for a smokey look (MAC shadowy lady).

MAC Shadowwy Lady is gorgeous! I'm off to get one this evening! I love Shroom too! I'm always using it, so I use it up too quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:01 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
sormuimui wrote:

Really? I've always thought Stila is overpriced in Thailand! For a few dollars more I can get myself a Dior eyeshadow. However, I've never bought any eyeshadows from Dior...just keep nicking them from my mum Razz However, I might treat myself to Dior Incognito this Chinese New Year's Very Happy As for MAC Coco pigment, I think it's out of stock here. For some reason, MAC doesn't have a big stock here in Thailand. I just checked out La Douche eyeshadow from Stila. Honestly, on the screen it doesn't look very nice, but then again, I never get the right color on the screen. I'll drop by Stila counter and have a look. Anyway, it seems you like to wear eyeshadow in your crease. Do you use just one single color? If I only wear one color, I apply it all over my eye lid.

Stila is WAY overpriced in Canada too! Something that retails for 14USD retails for 24CAD here...we totally get ripped off on the exchange rate, not to mention we have to pay 13% tax on top of the MSRP! Stila shadows look really bad on screen, they look totally different in real life imo. I used to only do a wash on the lid but now I like to use a lighter colour on the lid and a darker colour
in the crease because I have double lids but they aren't very deep and never show up in pictures so I like to enhance them.

My mom doesn't use makeup so I can't snatch hers...lol Dior quints never really appealed to me that much, not sure why, however I love their limited edition stuff...looks so cute even though I rarely use them (so I tend to give them away as gifts...damn lucky frds...lol)

Wow, I'm going to check out the barbie collection tomorrow so I'm gonna check out shadowy lady - it sounds soooo good.

Coco and Subtle are ltd edition pigments but they are the same, subtle came out here in Dec with Nocturnelle and Coco came out last year (I think). Well satin taupe is permanent and a very similar colour, you should check that out, I love it soooo much!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:14 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
sormuimui wrote:

Stila is WAY overpriced in Canada too! Something that retails for 14USD retails for 24CAD here...we totally get ripped off on the exchange rate, not to mention we have to pay 13% tax on top of the MSRP! Stila shadows look really bad on screen, they look totally different in real life imo. I used to only do a wash on the lid but now I like to use a lighter colour on the lid and a darker colour
in the crease because I have double lids but they aren't very deep and never show up in pictures so I like to enhance them.

My mom doesn't use makeup so I can't snatch hers...lol Dior quints never really appealed to me that much, not sure why, however I love their limited edition stuff...looks so cute even though I rarely use them (so I tend to give them away as gifts...damn lucky frds...lol)

Wow, I'm going to check out the barbie collection tomorrow so I'm gonna check out shadowy lady - it sounds soooo good.

Coco and Subtle are ltd edition pigments but they are the same, subtle came out here in Dec with Nocturnelle and Coco came out last year (I think). Well satin taupe is permanent and a very similar colour, you should check that out, I love it soooo much!

I'll definitely give La Douche a try. It seems we have very similar skin tone and you seem to really love it Smile Thanks for the info on MAC pigment. I'll check it out. If I can't get the pigment I'll go for Satin Taupe, I think. I never really wore makeup until I started working around a bunch of transgenders. My god, they're SOOOOOO good at makeup application. They've taught me lots of little tips though I'm a very slow learner! I can only more or less do the very natural earthtone look or black smoky eye look Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:38 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
I'm sorry! I can't pick just one!
Eyeglow #17, #16, #4

for those of you wanting a more natural look and something that is really easy to use, i highly recommend this line (if you can find it). the colours can be used almost like finger paints and just leave a soft wash of pigment and glow to the area and you can layer them to get the perfect colour without it looking overdone. i've never used anything quite like it and have never had an eye shadow that has actually opened and brightened my eyes like these do. check them out if you can!
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm pale with neutral skin tone and blue/grey/greenish eyes. I wear a lot of plum, pinks and browns. Plum really make my eyes look green, brown really pops the blue tone. When I wear glasses I feel I can play more with strong colours at day too.

And I do love Dior e/s. They are so easy to put on, the colours are great with good staying power.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, MAC doesn't stock Shadowwy Lady, nor Satin Taupe here. Also Stila La Douche has been out of stock for a long time. Sad Such a shame...it's a beautiful color. I just ended up getting a MAC #187 instead

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have pale blue eyes and fair skin so I like: golds, tans, light browns, peaches, pinks and mauves.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
i m a NC25, i always have this thinking that i cant carry off green eyeshadow until MAC launch [LuckyGreen] during one of the collection sometime back.

i always received compliment whenever i am wearing the eyeshadow.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm East Indian - tan skin - and I think my favourite shade is gold. I also like lavenderish/plum shades.

BTW - does anyone know a good website w/ instructions on how to do a smokey eye? I keep trying but it always looks like I've been punched...
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
So I did get Dior Incognito Quint and I must say I LOVE IT to bits! I will be using this SO much, it's the BEST neutral palette EVER. Not completely matte and not shimmery, very subtle and gives a polished professional look. The quality of the e/s are also extremely good - very soft and blendable, I will definitely repurchase more if I ever run out.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I love blue!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love blue!
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
mur ~ this is one of the few smokey eyes tutorial that i love most. very detailed and easy to follow-thru. hths.

http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=60190
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:59 am      Reply with quote
I like shades of green and gold.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Stila in Puck, soft taupe shade.
mystixx
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I like shades of green, gold & browns. Been trying to get into blue nowadays but it seems that blue makes me look weird.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:17 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Unfortunately, MAC doesn't stock Shadowwy Lady, nor Satin Taupe here. Also Stila La Douche has been out of stock for a long time. Sad Such a shame...it's a beautiful color. I just ended up getting a MAC #187 instead

I am not based in U.S. either but if you can have someone help ship things forward from the U.S. there is maccosmetics.com which allows online ordering.

Personally with NC 25-30 and between Alima 2-3, I am lemming MAC Amber Lights. I have seen some amazing eyeshadow combination using this. For a highlighter I want Vanilla and Shroom.

I dislike Moth Brown by itself, just can't to do brown well, but as a base layer and putting MAC Contrast at crease and Plum over upper lid, it makes a really nice dark blue/purple smokey eye.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I am NC25/30 MAC coloring and have Olive green eyes with dark blonde hair, I love to pick out my eye colour with a shadow in a similar shade, I get so many compliments when I do this.
Shadows that work for me:

*MAC: Greensmoke, Femme Noir for lining, Satin Taupe, Patina, Woodwinked, Shroom
*Milani: Antique Gold
*Bloom: Olive

Bourjois also do some lovely eye shadows

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I am NC25/30 MAC coloring and have Olive green eyes with dark blonde hair, I love to pick out my eye colour with a shadow in a similar shade, I get so many compliments when I do this.
Shadows that work for me:

*MAC: Greensmoke, Femme Noir for lining, Satin Taupe, Patina, Woodwinked, Shroom
*Milani: Antique Gold
*Bloom: Olive

Bourjois also do some lovely eye shadows

I am going to have to check out Bloom's Olive now. If you are based in Oz, may I ask where you get your milani from?

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I have light skin with yellow undertones (also Asian) and I like bronzey browns, very dark reddish-maroon browns, pale peachy golds and every kind of tan-beige-nude shadow out there. My latest obsession is pale, muted beiges with touches of pink to them like Bobbi Brown's Woodrose, NARS' Nepal and Laura Mercier's Cashmere. A quick wash of these + a slightly winged out line on the upper lashes using MAC gel liner in Blacktrack or Dipdown (a dark brown) + lots of mascara = polished daytime look.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
i am also asian (hawaiian, chinese, irish and dutch). i just had my m/u done by an artist from chanel who hits our local nordstrom about once a year. he also does the chanel suite at the oscars and golden globes. anyway, he suggested for my coloring the chanel quad called spices. gold on the upper lids, using the darker brown/amethyst color under the eyes. and ya know, since i started using it a couple of weeks ago, i really like it! not a look i would normally go for, but he's right. it's very natural and makes my eyes pop!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I like neutral browns and use drug store brands like Lancome.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |