Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How much makeup do you wear?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I love makeup. For me, applying it is therapeutic and fun and it's an outlet for creativity. It takes me 5 to 10 minutes to apply, depending on how much time I have:

*primer, sometimes
*Jane Iredale PurePressed MMU (powder, light foundation, and sunscreen all in one) and then mister, all the time
*blush, sometimes
*eyeshadow, most of the time
*eyeliner, most of the time
*mascara, all of the time
*lip stain, most of the time
*lip pencil, sometimes
*lip gloss/plumper, all of the time

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:
Ok well I forgot primer and concealer but I guess I am so used to using it that I do not pay attention. So I guess I use a TON of makeup too!! LOL

And I forgot blush, so add that to the tonnage. However, I "reality checked" with my significant other, who said it doesn't look like I wear a lot of makeup.I attribute that to being a blending freak. So even though I feel like I come close to making a bomb on my face, I put so much stuff on, I probably "blend" most of it off. Very Happy
girlygirl
5% products discount

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I wear mineral foundation the primer, foundation and glowing top coat LOL, blush, two or three shades of eyeshadow, sometimes eyeliner, sometimes lip liner, lip gloss and mascara. I too blend it a lot. On days when I am working up a sweat I don't bother and at this age that's about all the time.
Mrs.athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I can't go out withput makeup. However, I don't wear too much. I wear powder, blush, and lipgloss, and sometimes mascara.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mrs.athena, like your handle! Very Happy I'm pretty minimal, or at least I like to LOOK minimal.

Some days when I work from home, I don't apply any makeup at all. Just slap on the sunscreen dust some silk/pearl powder on top. I ALWAYS wear lipstick or lipgloss.

On the days I DO wear makeup, I go the whole 9 yards; for daytime, I pretty much keep a natural look. For nightime, I'll go bolder with everything. Mineral foundation, bronzer, face color, eyeshadow, mascara.

I use Dr. H eyemakeup, mascara and bronzer.
I use mineral makeup, face color from Everyday Minerals.

I'm really lemming for a cute little eye and cheek color kit from Serious Skincare and trying to talk myself out of it. Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I wear blush and lip gloss every day and sometimes eyeshadow and mascara.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I really enjoy putting my makeup on, it's almost soothing or relaxing or something and I apply it everyday whether I'm going out or not (you just never know!)
I use: foundation primer (smashbox)
Foundation
powder
eyeliner
mascara
blush
sometimes eyeshadow
lipstick or gloss
only concealer when I REALLY need it.
Everyone morning is a pleasure...my boyfriend shakes his head!
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am always late so I stick to the bare minimum! Lately I have been putting on a tinted sunscreen which seems to be enough (instead of foundation) - always eyeliner and some lip gloss. For a special occasion, foundation, eyeliner, lipstick and blush if I remember.
Resolutionary

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
concealer, lipstain and gloss.........

that's it! Smile
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
haha, I look minimum but I do apply most of them:
toner,
eye serum, eye gel,
moisturizer (no sunscreen cream:(
foundation,
loose power,
eye shadow;
eye liner;
eye brow;
mascara;
blush;
lip gloss.

Looks like a lot, but I dont apply too heavy. Just wanna look natural
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm with ya, Chloelee -- I apply a LOT more makeup than I ever used to (since EDS I've added blush, brow powder, bronzer/highlighter sometimes...), but I always look natural and mostly un-made-up. My boyfriend bumbled through an attempted compliment about it when we first started dating, haha: He said that most girls look worse with makeup on, but that I look better with makeup on.

He then freaked out and backtracked about how I looked great without it too, of course, haha, but I told him I knew what he meant -- if you apply with a light hand and keep to your most flattering shades, you just look like an enhanced version of your normal self. He was relieved, needless to say. Smile

Of course, for big nights out or occasions that will allow for it, I sometimes go with bold or funky looks, and then it's obvious I'm wearing makeup. But that's definitely an exception to the rule.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |