Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How much makeup do you wear?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Masha
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I don't normally wear much make up. When I go out it's only a light dusting of the Alima W0 Foundation and Chanel Hydrabase Rouge Noir Lipstick.

For me there is no other style that epitomizes Grace, Elegance and Divinity greater than the Age of the Ancient Greco/Romans. I follow this in my fashion and my hair arrangements almost exclusively and when I like to try something special I try to imitate specific looks like the Biba look, or the Flapper look...or the Silent Era look who all take their roots in this style. This heavily kohled look I used to do almost all the time as a teenager and I am really just starting to take the time in doing it again. It's just on another level of Beauty for me. Dancing

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Normally I use concealer to cover any blemishes and powder to cover any shine. I always wear lip balm, but that's about it.

If I'm going out, I like wearing Mac eyeshadows and Mac lipstick. But I'm just too lazy for eyeliner and mascara makes me itchy (which I think is psychosomatic, rather than a product flaw)...

Never got into blush either...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Masha wrote:
I don't normally wear much make up. When I go out it's only a light dusting of the Alima W0 Foundation and Chanel Hydrabase Rouge Noir Lipstick.

For me there is no other style that epitomizes Grace, Elegance and Divinity greater than the Age of the Ancient Greco/Romans. I follow this in my fashion and my hair arrangements almost exclusively and when I like to try something special I try to imitate specific looks like the Biba look, or the Flapper look...or the Silent Era look who all take their roots in this style. This heavily kohled look I used to do almost all the time as a teenager and I am really just starting to take the time in doing it again. It's just on another level of Beauty for me. Dancing

Masha, your style sounds lovely Smile
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I wear a lot...my friend thinks I wear too much too. She wears mascara and lipstick...I wish I could do that....I have terrible acne and scars so there is NO WAY I leave my house without the following

Foundation
Concealer
Blush
Powder
Eyebrow powder (scar)
Mascara
Lipgloss or lipstick

Sounds sad...I know...but I cover so many blemishes and scars.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I need to look "polished" for my job, so I wear a lot of makeup products, but applied to look "natural"--lind of MFBB (my face but better?) I typically wear mineral makeup as a foundation (I used Jane Iredale till recently, now Lumiere), extra applied with a damp concealer brush to conceal any "problems," a light neutral wash of eyeshadow over my lids with a slightly darker shade in the crease (from Bobbi Brown nude on nude eyeshadow palette), and a sheer lipstick (Vincent Longo sheer or Garden Botanika tinted vitamin E stick). Occasionally I'll add a very light brush of a tawny blush. No eyeliner or mascara (I have black, reasonably defined lashes naturally). For night occasions, I ramp up the intensity of the eyes and lips slightly, but that's it. So, lots of product, but not a "lot of makeup" look.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I only wear mascara, eye liner, and lip balm.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
When I stay at home I wear nothing. But if for any reason I have to leave the house I wear tinted sunscreen, MMU, concealor, finishing powder, mascara, and lip pencil. I don't think anyone has posted "too much makeup" here. If it looks good on you, do it. Bring a mirror outside and check your makeup every couple of weeks so that you'll notice any flaws in your application... Certainly don't feel you have to cater to what others think is best. Do what you like. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Blush, mascara, brow pencil and lip balm with liner.

When I am going to be home all day lip balm and blush (Benetint).
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
My absolutes are mascara & blush. I usually wear eye liner & powder in the mix to work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am very very envious of all the members who have said they wear very little makeup or not at all.

Having suffered from dermal melasma (i.e. hyperpigmentation) for the past 15 years, plus hereditary dark under eye circles, I cannot and will not leave the house without Mac's concealer and studio fix, plus mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner,brow pencil, blusher, lipstick - the works. My beloved BF, friends and family all infinitely prefer my made-up visage to the naked one.

And before I put makeup on, I apply an anti-oxidant sunscreen (DIY).

Yes, people, it takes me 1.5 hours to get ready to go out to work each day. It's so tough being a vain woman with dermal melasma....
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Only wear MMU, finishing silk powder, some eyeliner, mascara is a MUST, and lip gloss. I use a bronzer for some color on my face. I used to wear heavy foundation, but since I changed, my pores are clearer.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
During the day not much at all, just my foundation/powder, bronzer or blush & lip gloss usually. I only ever wear eyeshadow, eyeliner when I'm going out etc & luckily I have dark lashes so mascara doesn't make that much of a difference for me.

Smile
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
When you wear foundation right for your skin type and shade, people won't think you are wearing it even if you have put a lot on. That's my experience.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I wear foundation and/or concealer, depending on how bad my skin looks on any given day. Other than that, my every day routine includes blush, mascara, brow pencil, and tinted lipbalms. If I'm getting dressed up, I'll go all-out and wear eyeliner.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
This is my own observation and I'm not in any way saying it's definitely true. I've noticed Western women (women who're brought up in Western countries) tend to wear more makeup than Eastern women. I remember when I was in high school in the US, all the girls were wearing at least some makeup whereas in Thailand, girls don't really start wearing makeup until they're in uni or start work. What do you guys think?

5% products discount

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
But I am considering to make some to make myself look more illumincating, but can't wake up so early in the morning, considering Bare Esentual Mineral powder fundation.

Is that good, Anybody like it?
I have comb to oily skin( quite oily in T-zone)
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
bluetulip wrote:
But I am considering to make some to make myself look more illumincating, but can't wake up so early in the morning, considering Bare Esentual Mineral powder fundation.

You should try Alima. It's way better than BE, plus more colors to choose from.
www.alimacosmetics.com
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
bluetulip wrote:

You should try Alima. It's way better than BE, plus more colors to choose from.
www.alimacosmetics.com

I agree Alima has a great variety of colors to choose from. They'll even do a custom blend for you! However, I never had much luck with their foundation. It itched and stung then burned my skin sooooo bad!Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
tinamarie8 wrote:
Masha wrote:

Masha, your style sounds lovely Smile

Ditto, that sounds so cool!

I tend to wear mineral make up foundation daily if I have time, but the last few days I've been going bare faced (probably scaring all the kids at work!) I also like to wear black kohl and mascara with it, or sometimes I'll go with eyeshadow.

I don't have the confidence to wear lipstick/gloss much in the daytime though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Everyday, I wear:

Mineral makeup, concealer, loose powder to set, blush, eyeliner (Laura Mercier's cake liner, which I tight-line with, so it's pretty subtle), neutral eyeshadow (again, Laura Mercier), mascara (a necessity along with the liner since I have thin, sparse lashes and my eyes just disappear without makeup), eyebrow pencil to fill in sparse areas, Anastasia Eyelights Pencil for defining the arch, and some sort of tinted lipbalm.

That does seem like a lot, but everything is very subtle and natural-looking. I don't "do" strong colors anymore, but try to enhance my features. People are usually surprised when I tell them how much makeup I do wear.

I would love, love, LOVE! to get to the point where I could skip the concealer and foundation, or at least, only use one or the other, but I have post-acne marks that I need to hide. Oh well, working on fading those marks with peels, HQ and sunscreen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
On the weekends, I don't wear any make-up. But during the week, I work at an office, so I wear:

Chanel Liquid Foundation
NARS Cream Blush
Bare Escentuals Mineral Eyeshadow (in a natural skin tone color)
Chanel Eyebrow Powder
Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil (as an all-over finishing powder)
Chanel Mascara
Lip Fusion XL Lip Plumper

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use alot of different kinds of makeup, but I don't think I put too much on (so it's a more slightly done up look). I wish I could get away with less, but I also have super dark circles that need covering and without some colour on my face, I look ill. (In highschool, I didn't put on blush one day and the librarian asked me if I was sick!).

So I wear the following ... light dusting of Alima MMU, brow colour (since my brows are a bit sparce and not dark enough for my hair colour), eye shadow (usually two shades), eyeliner, mascara, blush, concealor and lipstick. So it sounds like alot, but I don't apply it super heavy and it only takes me about 10 minutes or so to do. Smile
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
IMHO, when a woman gets to a certain age, too much make up can make her look older ... and I hate to say it but I'm getting to be that age ( shhhhhh!!! ) where less is more:

Erno Laszlo Normalizer Shake It
Bare Escentuals Glow (Blush)
Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers (Dr. Pepper)

(I have been getting eyelash extensions for the past few months, but I think they are causing me to lose my own natural lashes now. I'm going to give Jan Marini Eyelash Intervention a try.)

For a slightly more "done" look, I sometimes dust a little Bare Escentuals powder on my cheeks and chin for a bit more coverage, and use a little brown eye pencil around my eyes.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
This is my own observation and I'm not in any way saying it's definitely true. I've noticed Western women (women who're brought up in Western countries) tend to wear more makeup than Eastern women. I remember when I was in high school in the US, all the girls were wearing at least some makeup whereas in Thailand, girls don't really start wearing makeup until they're in uni or start work. What do you guys think?

I noticed a similar thing when I travelled to Asia for a month. Most of the women didn't wear any makeup, or very little. I wore makeup (mmu foundation and blush) for the first week in Asia and then stopped. There really wasn't much point since the high humidity was melting all of my mmu off. Laughing Seriously, it was so hot I had to wipe my face after being outside for 10 minutes, and all the mmu along with it. Miraculously, my skin did improve significantly. I think in part due to the high humidity in Asia. It's similar to being in an infrared sauna (a great place to detox!).

Now that I'm back in N. America my makeup routine is MMU foundation and blush with a bit of lip balm, or no makeup.
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting post - I would have thought that most ladies here wear full make up. I was just thinking about this today.

I always wear mascara and a bit of pink gloss and pencil my eyebrows a bit, but thats it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |