Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oh my god Alima is FANTASTIC but.....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the sugar rose and sugar rose blush as samples....love them, love that brush it is incredible. I love th MMU but I order 2 foundation samples W-3 a little too light and W-4 a little on the yellow. can anyone recommend a sample that is just a tad darker but no yellow undertones? This stuff is awesome. I am 52 and it gives my skin a youthful glow it really is the very best foundation out there. I quit wearing foundation because they all looked awful on me and made me look old, this is the only one I am happy with!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Why dont you try N-3 and N-4? Those will be less yellow but, not pink either. The warm shades are going to have a lot of yellow in them.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
ok I will order those,this stuff really is fantastic.I didnt beleieve manslayer at first but she is right even if you bad skin it makes it look great!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I got my brush today, very fast shipping. Im very impressed with it too, feels like silk! I find that it gives really great even coverage, even if I over do it. Im so glad when something lives up to the hype! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ye, I am not exactly sure how to put on the makeup do you layer it on,pick up some with your brush and tap into a bowl and then sweep?Not sure of the technique...
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Ye, I am not exactly sure how to put on the makeup do you layer it on,pick up some with your brush and tap into a bowl and then sweep?Not sure of the technique...

Just be sure to work a bit of the MMU into the brush before you tap off the excess. Start with a light layer all over and add more coverage on the areas you need it.

Blend, blend, blend!

waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I ordered the sugar rose and sugar rose blush as samples....love them, love that brush it is incredible. I love th MMU but I order 2 foundation samples W-3 a little too light and W-4 a little on the yellow. can anyone recommend a sample that is just a tad darker but no yellow undertones? This stuff is awesome. I am 52 and it gives my skin a youthful glow it really is the very best foundation out there. I quit wearing foundation because they all looked awful on me and made me look old, this is the only one I am happy with!

lucyluc, could you tell me what colors you are in other common foundations? I'm trying to figure out if I should try the 2's or the 3's (would also probably try warm or neutral). I've had a hard time guess-timating since our resident alima expert is the self proclaimed palest woman alive. thanks!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oPojeLkNTSw

Maybe this video can help you? Surprised
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
You could try mixing a W3 with the N4 because I find the neutrals can get a bit too brown so I find the neutral shadings a bit darker so to me N4 would be slightly darker than W4.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Yes I usually buy medium foundation but really havent worn any because it looks so fake, this is the only stuff that is natural looking and makes your skin look good.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
lucyluc wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oPojeLkNTSw

Maybe this video can help you? Surprised

I'm not sure how good that video is - they wet the brush and dip it in the jar of minerals... my understanding is that you need to tip some minerals OUT of the jar before you dip your wet brush in it - to avoid contaminating the minerals...

got this inof from either www.uglogirl.com
or www.alimacosmetics.com

can't remember right now...

HTH Smile

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
After samples of the W's were way too yellow, I ended up ordering the N-2 and mixed a tad bit of the W into it. Just right. I see that for summer, the mix will have to have a bit of the N-3 to be just right.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm still putting samples in & out of my basket...W3 & 4, N3 & 4...now I'm looking at the olive ones...people say I'm olive since I'm Greek, but I don't see it..I just see warm and...sallow actually. So confused. I wish their samples weren't that expensive or else I'd just order a passle of them.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I'm still putting samples in & out of my basket...W3 & 4, N3 & 4...now I'm looking at the olive ones...people say I'm olive since I'm Greek, but I don't see it..I just see warm and...sallow actually. So confused. I wish their samples weren't that expensive or else I'd just order a passle of them.

Dont forget you can use the 10% off discount.

marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Vonny..I'd forgotten about that..see I also need to order samples of Uglo, I've Lumiere coming..let's see if I can keep'em all straight when they arrive. Rolling Eyes
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Thanks Vonny..I'd forgotten about that..see I also need to order samples of Uglo, I've Lumiere coming..let's see if I can keep'em all straight when they arrive. Rolling Eyes

Here you go:

Alima www.alimacosmetics.com
EDS10 for 10% off

U Glo Girl www.uglogirl.com
EDS10-To-Glo! for 10% off your order
SAMPLEREBATE for $2.50 off your order if you order a full size jar of a foundation you previously sampled

Lumiere www.lumierecosmetics.com
LF15 for 15% off

Cut and pasted from Liz's helpful thread! Very Happy

marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I was just searching for this...thanks...this time I'll write it down Embarassed
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I use N-3, here is a pic for skin color reference
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
well it's a good thing I haven't ordered any samples yet, that N3 looks 1000 shades too dark for me!

Although from advice I'm getting on other threads, it sounds like I need UGG, so this is all pointless speculation for me.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, that really helps...now I know N3 is too light for me, but I may order a sample anyway..& use it to mix in case the W's are too yellow.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

Here you go:

Alima www.alimacosmetics.com
EDS10 for 10% off

U Glo Girl www.uglogirl.com
EDS10-To-Glo! for 10% off your order
SAMPLEREBATE for $2.50 off your order if you order a full size jar of a foundation you previously sampled

Lumiere www.lumierecosmetics.com
LF15 for 15% off

Cut and pasted from Liz's helpful thread! Very Happy

Thanks soo much! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |