Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is everyone favorite brands of eyshadow and mascara?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I thought this may be an interesting topic to review, that way it give us all shared suggestions and ideas to try something new! (any excuse to spend more money!! Bad Grin )

I use Christian Dior eye colour (i cant remember the shades off the top of my head, but they are the pinky colour duo)

I also use 2 mascaras, Loreal lash architect (really looks like fake eye lashes! ) and max factor classic black mascara for general day time use

missymac

Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am constantly searching for new eyeshadows and colors so would love to hear what everyone else recommends. I have used MAC in the past and did like their shadows!

I have to say I switched over to Estee Lauder's Definicils mascara and absolutely love it. It was a bit more expensive but worth it. It goes on great and does not clump for long lashes!
Surprised
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I also like Loreal Architect, it does work very well and it's inexpensive, one coat of it gives a very natural look, no clumps, long lasting Laughing, I have also tried Max Factor's 2000 Calories (sth like that, dont remember the exact name), it gives a very dramatic look that I occaionally like, it's too much for everyday wear but can be a good choice when you want sth more dramatic as it says..both are good for their prices.

Some more expensive ones I have tried before included Elizabeth Arden and MAC, I did like the one from EA, it's the best I have ever used, but I didnt like the MAC one, the formulation was too wet for me, it didnt dry out at all on my lash, gave me a racoon eyes Confused

I am not into mascara at all Smile , I know a lot of gals swear by it and have this as a must-wear daily make up .. but for me, I just dont like to wear a mascara, wearing it does open my eyes and make my eyes appear larger, but just personally dont like to wear it .. weird, so, that's why I tend to look for drugstore ones.. inexpensive and does its job well enough for me Laughing
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:55 am      Reply with quote
hehe .. I forgot to tell my fave e/s, currently, I like BE e/s a lot, I am using the following colors:
vanilla sugar
Bare skin
Hottist
Lemon zest?/zing?
Butterfly

These are kinda boring colors, yes, I cannot wear fancy colors, but the neutral ones, that's why Wink
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Kiss Me Mascara for years. It is the only non-waterprooof mascara that I know of that stays on, doesn't flake and comes off with water. Recently, I have also started using Maybelline Sky High Curves in Waterproof and really like this also.
Mabsy

Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Eyeshadow:

Stila Convertible Eye Color (I have over 10 of these - love them!)
MMU eye trios
Clinique (eye defining duos - though I'm going off these after trying Stila)
Stila eyeshadows (pans & palettes)
Mirenesse

Mascara:

Clarins Pure Curl Mascara (violet)
Lancome Flextencils (prune)
Clinique Naturally Glossy
roopdh
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Eyeshadows
MAC and MAC pigments are really great for playing around.
Lise Watier (another Canadian company that has shadows that offer true colours)

Mascaras
Lancome Definicils (spelling?)
Loreal Lash Out (for some length and definition)
And one by clinique that comes in a green tube (normally given with Gift With Purchase specials)
**If anyone knows the name of the Clinique one please message me or post it**

Many Thanks!
littlebelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Eyeshadows
Tony & Tina
Kanebo

Mascara
Kose
Lancome

Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Roopdh - do you mean the stick thing? I believe those are Smudgesicles, though I'm not sure if they are still being sold. They might have been discontinued, I haven't seen them lately.

In the full size version they actually come in a silver tube, similar to the lippies.

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use the pink and green maybelline and for eyeshadow...well anything I like the colour of really, BUT I do have a thing for those estee lauder cube things...I have WAY too many, but they are just gorgeous! Smile
Dayziepix
5% products discount

Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
My fav e/s are from MAC. The higher ends have good staying power and usually good colour selection. As for mascara, I am loving Maybellines Full n'Soft in Very Black as well as Benefits Bad Gal Lash on top.
nygirl

Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Eye shadow faves: I love Stila, Trish McEvoy, and MAC for their eye shadow pots. Also, I am a huge fan of Prescriptives Eyelights and Shu Uemura Eye shimmers for when i'm really lazy and just want to smudge a little colour on with my fingers Smile

Mascara faves: Maybelline Great Lash in blackest black, the La Prairie one that comes in a long silver tube and has a curved wand, MAC Pro Lash.
yellow_gal

Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
wondering if there is there any mascara that is excellent in giving volume & length to eyelashes that gives you a natural look (nothing too dramatic Shock ) but ALSO doesnt' come off so much???..

coz when i put mascara on.. i tend to get even more noticeable panda eyes Rolling Eyes making me look even more tired from my already EXTREMELY visible dark circles. Mad

is there such a mascara? Shock
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
eyeshadow: Stila, Laura Mercier (very short list... actually don't oftern wear eyeshadow Laughing )
mascara: Kose visee, maybellin, loreal
Mabsy

Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Clarins makes a mascara "top coat" (called "Fix Mascara") that makes any mascara waterproof. However, you should be able to find a good waterproof mascara that does the trick. I like Maybelline Full&Soft and they do make a waterproof version (which I haven't tried). I tend to stay away from waterproof mascaras because I believe they are damaging to the lashes. My fave is the Clarins Pure Curl but I wouldn't recommend that one to someone that has problems with mascara smudging/flaking.

yellow_gal wrote:
wondering if there is there any mascara that is excellent in giving volume & length to eyelashes that gives you a natural look (nothing too dramatic Shock ) but ALSO doesnt' come off so much???..

coz when i put mascara on.. i tend to get even more noticeable panda eyes Rolling Eyes making me look even more tired from my already EXTREMELY visible dark circles. Mad

is there such a mascara? Shock
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
My favorite eyeshadows are made by Chantecaille. Their Shine eye shadows give an extremely fine shimmer that is the best I have ever seen.

Dr Hauschka's mascara remains to be my favorite for its naturalness and ease of removal. Also it comes with a very plush, but firm brush. One hardly needs a lash comb. It seems to be very similar to Kiss Me Mascara described earlier by skybaby. (Perhaps EDS will carry Hauschka's cosmetics soon???)
Gelc
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Mascara: Anna Sui Long and Volume. I never found a mascara like that no panda eyes. Very long and volume.

Eyeshadow: KP and Anna Sui. Easy to apply and longlasting. Their color are very pretty. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |