Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Advice please: how do you manage bangs when applying makeup?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
And would that joke have anything to do with the scatological definition of bang??? If so, this topic title could take on a whole new meaning.

There is a scatological meaning to it Shock I was thinking of banging my head actually! Goes to prove what a filthy mind you have! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry but I wondered how having no teeth had anything to do with stopping loud noises.

Then I read it properly & I am understanding everything now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Sorry but I wondered how having no teeth had anything to do with stopping loud noises.

Rolling Eyes just keep taking the medicine love!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
yes mum. Very Happy

Only thing is I have run out. Whats the name of your dealer again. I have forgotten. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
The small bobby pins I bought from Sally's Beauty were quite cheap.. It's their brand, too. I'm thinking under $5.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, thanks Rufus!

Doba - I think using a headband is what causes the problem!

montrealgal wave
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl - a nit comb? That's an interesting solution. But my hair is too fine to support the weight of the comb. Thanks anyway!

m.april and guapagirl -- what naughty minds you have. I had to go back and read the title I gave this thread and then stop and think about it! Shock

But the two of you -- behave! This thread is rated G! Shame on you

montrealgal Laughing
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
montrealgal: I'm not sure if they're sold individually but they're really cheap in packs at the drugstore, I buy Goody brand.

I'll take a look when I go shopping this week. Thanks a lot, sormuimui! Smile

montrealgal
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I totally don't get this:

loopylori wrote:

... and I'm afraid to ask! Shhh

montrealgal Rolling Eyes
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
The small bobby pins I bought from Sally's Beauty were quite cheap.. It's their brand, too. I'm thinking under $5.

Thanks, poohlisey. Smile I don't think I've ever seen small ones before so that's good to know. I just put it on my US shopping list!

montrealgal
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
Ok, I totally don't get this:

loopylori wrote:

... and I'm afraid to ask! Shhh

montrealgal Rolling Eyes

I'm not getting this either.. Can you elaborate, please, loopylori?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:01 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
I wear a vinyl headband (no teeth) to push them back.

Sorry but bangs to me are loud noises or the other thing GG mentioned (sex). In this instance I read it as 'how do you manage loud noises when applying makeup'

Followed by 'I wear a vinyl headband(no teeth) well sorry I just had a vision of someone with no teeth trying to put on makeup whilst there was a lot of noise going on around them.

See it's daft really & I should have kept me gob shut. You probably are all still confused. I know I am.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:20 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
montrealgal wrote:

Sorry but bangs to me are loud noises or the other thing GG mentioned (sex). In this instance I read it as 'how do you manage loud noises when applying makeup'

Followed by 'I wear a vinyl headband(no teeth) well sorry I just had a vision of someone with no teeth trying to put on makeup whilst there was a lot of noise going on around them.

See it's daft really & I should have kept me gob shut. You probably are all still confused. I know I am.

rofl Now I understand what you said. Laughing
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
i use 2 large plastic crocodile clips - my bangs are fine after i remove them and give a quick comb through.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
guapagirl - a nit comb? That's an interesting solution. But my hair is too fine to support the weight of the comb. Thanks anyway!

Nooooo! what I mean is my fringe gets wet when I wash in the morning so it's just pushed to one side whilst damp. I put my face on and then (usually after a long time so fringe is dry but looking all over the place) wet a nit comb and comb through the fringe. The comb holds enough water to wet the fringe enough to get it straight.

and I know what you are thinking, but here in Deliverence nits are a way of life. We are all nit combed 2x a week whether we need it or not! I have a constant tender scalp as a result simply because a small number of skankey parents refuse to nit comb their kids. It is really disgusting Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
montrealgal wrote:

loopylori, that is too funny! Laughing Thanks for explaining!

montrealgal
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
i use 2 large plastic crocodile clips - my bangs are fine after i remove them and give a quick comb through.

Are those the ones that look like the long silver ones that hairdressers use - the ones we've been talking about above? I have these! I bought them - a set of two in black - some time ago and never really used them.

I just dug them out. And in the process, I found one of those silver metal ones - it was wrapped up in a scrunchi!

So now I have more to experiment with! Thanks, snowstar! Smile

montrealgal
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
montrealgal wrote:

Nooooo! what I mean is my fringe gets wet when I wash in the morning so it's just pushed to one side whilst damp. I put my face on and then (usually after a long time so fringe is dry but looking all over the place) wet a nit comb and comb through the fringe. The comb holds enough water to wet the fringe enough to get it straight.

and I know what you are thinking, but here in Deliverence nits are a way of life. We are all nit combed 2x a week whether we need it or not! I have a constant tender scalp as a result simply because a small number of skankey parents refuse to nit comb their kids. It is really disgusting Mad

Ok, got it now! Laughing Thanks, guapagirl!

Poor you -- I know a bit what you have to go through. I used to be a teacher and one school I worked in had a high incidence of students with nits in their hair. I ran home one day after the school nurse told me I might have gotten it from the kids, picked up a special shampoo and spray, pulled all the bedding off and put it in the wash with the hottest water possible, then sprayed down the bed. Oh fun.

And it turned out the nurse was wrong! What she saw turned out to be dried oil on my roots due to an oily scalp I used to have. Sad

Anyway, kept the comb after that, but have never used it for anything. I really did try to use it to hold back my hair when I read your post, guapagirl! Laughing But it felt icky even touching it - bad memories I guess! Laughing I might try your idea of using it to wet down my bangs if the other suggestions don't work out... if I can get past the thought of what the comb is designed for! I'm a wuss that way Laughing

montrealgal wave
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:

Are those the ones that look like the long silver ones that hairdressers use - the ones we've been talking about above? I have these! I bought them - a set of two in black - some time ago and never really used them.

I just dug them out. And in the process, I found one of those silver metal ones - it was wrapped up in a scrunchi!

So now I have more to experiment with! Thanks, snowstar! Smile

montrealgal

yup, those are the ones. i use all plastic ones as sometimes my hair gets caught in the silver metal ones and it hurts Smile

glad that i can help with what little i know. the girls here are EDS are amazing and i've learnt so much.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
yup, those are the ones. i use all plastic ones as sometimes my hair gets caught in the silver metal ones and it hurts Smile

glad that i can help with what little i know. the girls here are EDS are amazing and i've learnt so much.

Thanks, snowstar wave And you're right -- my hair gets caught in the silver one, too. I have to be more careful when I use it.

I noticed one of the plastic clips I have is a little looser than the other and I'm wondering how long they will last before the grip gets too loose. How long have you had yours? Any idea where I could buy if I need to replace? The ones I have are from Jones NY, and I got them at a department store here in Montreal.

I agree with you, snowstar. The women on EDS are great - informed, smart, and generous with their time and knowledge! I'm always learning!

montrealgal
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:03 am      Reply with quote
use a clip and sandwich a tissue paper inbetween. that's what models do when they need to get their bangs off their face to put on makeup. it prevents crimping of the hair
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
use a clip and sandwich a tissue paper inbetween. that's what models do when they need to get their bangs off their face to put on makeup. it prevents crimping of the hair

That might also solve the problem of my hair getting caught in the metal clip. Thanks, edenfield Smile

montrealgal
ellelang

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Bangs? I wrap them around a large velcro roller while putting on my make-up. It is the best way that I have found to keep them off my face, but not flat. After I finish my make-up, my bangs just need to be flattened a little if too "puffy".
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I use a teeny croc clip (jaw clip with teeth) to keep my bangs out of the way. Loosely gather them and pull them straight up in an upside down V, then clip. This also gives them a bit of volume, and the clip never leaves a mark. You can get all size croc clips in just about any drugstore. Two little croc clips also work great to hold a ballet bun in place (no pins or large jaw clip needed). Bobby pins, those large pin clips, and headbands usually leave a mark or flatten my hair.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestion, ellelang. I have tried this before with mixed results - and the velcro can get itchy. But I'll give it another try!

Jeannine, I have those croc-type clips but in a big size - I didn't realize they come in small sizes. I'll have to look. I think the long ones are working but the small ones sound like the would be good for keeping hair in place. I think I know what you mean about pulling the bangs into an upside V. I might give that a try. Thanks!

montrealgal
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |