Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Who is a kid at heart and has a Tickle Me Elmo?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
Oh nooooo Mabsy. I love my collection of cutie characters (though I do hide them when guests come around). BUT I must be the only person here who is terrified of that Tickle Me Elmo thing. I saw one at Hamleys (the original one) and it waaaaay freaked me out. Seemed like Elmo had gone all poltergeist or Exorcist??? I can't even get near the thing.

Laughing You know, we were discussing the other day that it had some Chuckie similarities. Strap a knife to that moving arm and you don't want to wake up with it standing over you....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
What a great gift!

Laughter to me is SO contagious whatever the source (when we were staying in our ole family cabin we had an older electric space heater hooked up to supplement the wood stove heat... anyway, it made the strangest noise every 3 minutes for about one minute which sounded like an old man with a big belly laughing. Every time it did this I would of course start laughing. Who knows- maybe it was my great-grandfather's ghost playing a trick on us... he was known to be very jocular)! Anyway, that video of Elmo had me chuckling. Smile

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just had one thought...interesting new cat toy!
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
What a great video - thanks for the link, Mabsy! I couldn't stop laughing!

You're soooo lucky to have one. I want one too!!! Bad Grin
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:

exactly what we thought!! we move into our new house in April and then our little kitties come to us in June, so Elmo will be on the way sometime inbetween!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Rufus wrote:

exactly what we thought!! we move into our new house in April and then our little kitties come to us in June, so Elmo will be on the way sometime inbetween!!

You will have to make a video for us Razz
Mabsy

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Rufus wrote:

No!!!! You can't do this to poor Elmo....
But if you do, I'd love to see the video Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I want one too! Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
tiger_tim wrote:
Rufus wrote:

No!!!! You can't do this to poor Elmo....
But if you do, I'd love to see the video Very Happy

Laughing maybe my first YouTube posting...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Tickle Me Elmo is so cute. Unfortunately, he can't set foot in this house. A few years ago I got Baby Elmo for my Granddaughter and Winnie killed her. Now with Maggie around those animated toys don't strand a chance. Laughing

Quote:
You know, we were discussing the other day that it had some Chuckie similarities. Strap a knife to that moving arm and you don't want to wake up with it standing over you....

Did someone mention Chuckie. Anxious My daughter had a boy doll "My Buddy." He looked just like Chuckie. DD out grew Buddy so he ended up in our basement. He gave DH the creeps. DH would say: "The -- thing seems like his eyes are following me." One day Buddy took a drive to the dump with DH. Laughing Laughing Laughing That was years ago. I still almost wet myself thinking of DH being afraid of a doll. Shhh
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Did someone mention Chuckie. Anxious My daughter had a boy doll "My Buddy." He looked just like Chuckie. DD out grew Buddy so he ended up in our basement. He gave DH the creeps. DH would say: "The -- thing seems like his eyes are following me." One day Buddy took a drive to the dump with DH. Laughing Laughing Laughing That was years ago. I still almost wet myself thinking of DH being afraid of a doll. Shhh[/quote]

I am sad to say petrified of dolls myself. It was from a kid when my bro chased me round my room with the head of my doll he had taken off the body (geez he was such a meanie). I sympathise with DH. That said I have a "Sing and Snore" Ernie doll with Ernie in his cute PJs. He would go to sleep and snore. Some glitch happened in the mechanism inside and the thing would out of blue at night say "I'm so sleepy I need a nap" without anyone touching him. It was QUITE freaky. But that Elmo doll is really scary to me. Thats it. I am going to therapy and sending my brother the bill.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
It was QUITE freaky. But that Elmo doll is really scary to me. Thats it. I am going to therapy and sending my brother the bill.

Blacklace, it is quite amazing how our childhood remains with us. My 38 year old daughter is afraid of clowns. That all started from her brother putting on a clown mask and scarring her when she was little. From what I have heard a lot of people are freaked out by clowns. So don't be worried about your fear of Elmo. Wink
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I love the musical Elmo dolls! Not because they're cute but the musical Elmo used to really engage my niece. I remember her following the dance routine when she was a toddler- so cute!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
i don't have an elmo but i do have a eeyore whose tail can be pulled off. he also utters 5 different phases depending on which part of his body we tug at!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Did someone mention Chuckie. Anxious My daughter had a boy doll "My Buddy." He looked just like Chuckie. DD out grew Buddy so he ended up in our basement. He gave DH the creeps. DH would say: "The -- thing seems like his eyes are following me." One day Buddy took a drive to the dump with DH. Laughing Laughing Laughing That was years ago. I still almost wet myself thinking of DH being afraid of a doll. Shhh

I wondered where they got the idea for the Chucky doll movies so I looked it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org

Quote:
Writing: It is rumored that the "Good Guy Dolls" were based on the "My Buddy dolls" created by Hasbro. However, during an airing of the movie on the morning of 7 January 2007, AMC claimed the creator modeled the doll after the Cabbage Patch Kids; he was tired of seeing commercials for the dolls.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |