Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I want to compare Lightstim and Buerer Softlaser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Background about me: Over the past couple of years, I've had a series of professional infrared treatments and a fraxel laser treatment plus some spot lasers for specific problem spots. I have gotten very good results with the toning, wrinkle diminishing and other problems they are expected to correct. I had no bad reactions.

I've been getting the same good firming and plumping results with the Lightstim, which I've been using at least twice a day since I got it in early January. I put it on twelve different spots on my face and under my jawbone for two minutes per spot, sometimes longer. Since I know how the professional treatments feel, I know that my LightStim feels the same way. Feels wonderful. I also know that it's doing the same thing the professional treatments do because of the way it feels when I apply it. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with it.

I got the Buerer SoftLaser because the head and concentrated laser beam (vs. LightStim's LED bath of light) seemed like a good idea for concentrating on small areas. I'm a painter - I use mop brushes for washing large areas and detail brushes for attending to smaller areas. Same with my lights.

My Buerer arrived yesterday. It took seven hours to charge the batteries, so I had to wait until this morning to use it. I got up at 5:00. For the first time, I used it all over my face to see how it would feel vs. the way the LightStim feels. It gave me the same lovely taut skin and the same relaxing stimulation - felt the same, I mean - but, because the head is small, I had to keep my arm moving constantly to cover each area where I can just plop the LightStim. The time per area for the Buerer is six minutes vs. LightStim's two minutes. From now on, I will be using the Buerer as intended, on confined problems, and the LightStim for all-over rejuvenation.

In effect, both machines do the same work, feel the same and produce the same daily results. They're about the same price. If I were going to get only one, I would get only the LightStim both because it takes less time and because it's less annoying than is the sensation of rubbing the little head of the Buerer around constantly.

Yes, they do make a difference, even if it's only the temporary. Having my face feel alive and a little tingly, having my eyes feel wider and my expression lines feel relaxed makes me feel awake and alert.

At night, I use light before applying my ascorbic acid, RetinA and vitamin E cream. I've read that the skin is more receptive after a light treatment.

I have high hopes that the daily swelling I'm causing with my lights isn't just swelling in response to injury. I'm really hoping that the injury is producing more collagen to fill me out and more elastin to hold me together. My only concern is that in ten years, if those benefits haven't materialized, my skin will be hanging like elepant knees from the constant swelling and relaxing. At the moment, though, I am thrilled with both machines.

Together they cost what one professional light treatment costs me and I have the option of using them every day as opposed to trekking off to the derm office once every six weeks.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad to read that, thankyou it was very interesting, and I agree with you about the LightStim, I'm thrilled with it too.

How will you know if it's the beurer working on specific areas, or the LightStim, though?!

Great comparison.

But I wish you hadnt mentioned the elephants knees! Laughing
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if the pictures you can have done which show the sun damage you have would show if there is any damage from the lights we are using such as the Lightstim or Beurer.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I love my Dermawand!
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Rufus"]I wonder if the pictures you can have done which show the sun damage you have would show if there is any damage from the lights we are using such as the Lightstim or Beurer.[/quote]

I've thought about that, too, because I slather my face with ascorbic acid and Retin A regularly. If I used UV light with that on, I'd be a goner. What I've read about red/infrared is that it gives the benefits of sunlight without the ultraviolet rays.

We'll see if it ultimately makes our faces fall off, won't we!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
Rufus wrote:
I wonder if the pictures you can have done which show the sun damage you have would show if there is any damage from the lights we are using such as the Lightstim or Beurer.

I've thought about that, too, because I slather my face with ascorbic acid and Retin A regularly. If I used UV light with that on, I'd be a goner. What I've read about red/infrared is that it gives the benefits of sunlight without the ultraviolet rays.

We'll see if it ultimately makes our faces fall off, won't we!

Once in awhile London Drugs has Sun clinics where they bring the camera to take photos of your skin. I went to one and the girl said my skin was in better shape than hers was and she was in her twenties and I'm almost 50. The difference was the sun exposure. I'll have to go again if they have another sun clinic.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml) Benir Beauty BV-9 Platinum Provectus Super Serum with Bee Venom (50 g / 1.7 floz)