Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Recs of a SERIOUSLY tingly mint/tea tree body wash?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for something to really wake me up in the mornings. I recently used a really tingly tea tree shampoo and loved the way it got my mind up and running Smile Now looking for a shower gel that'll do the same?
Mabsy

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I have just the thing for you! Avalon Organics Peppermint Shower Gel. Good stuff! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I have just the thing for you! Avalon Organics Peppermint Shower Gel. Good stuff! Smile

Totally agree; I love this shower gel. Avoid getting it on your more delicate parts, though Wink

Tina
Sheens
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Original Source do a mint and tea tree shower gel. I havent tried it so I cant tell you how tingly it is! But I do use their Lime shower gel which is intensely fruity, so I'm guessing the Mint/Tea Tree one will be pretty intense too.

I can't post links but if you do a google search for original source, they do free samples from their website (might be UK only though)

Other than that, Neals Yard sell 'make your own' kits, so you could have a go at making your own shower gel; they provide a good base, and you can add your own essential oils of tea tree and peppermint, as much as you require.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Yay I'm loving Avalon's shampoos and conditioners now - will go look for the shower gel Smile
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Philosophy? I have the shower gel in candy cane which is very refreshing and minty. They also do one called empowermint which I haven't tried, but I'd guess it's even mintier!
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Bliss makes some seriously minty body products. The shower gel Shock Therapy sounds like something you'd like. I haven't tried it, but I have used the enormous Mammoth Minty Scrub Soap and mint body scrub called Soap 'n Scrub. Zing! You can find this line at Sephora.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Surprised I love Avalon's Organics shampoos and conditioners!!!
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Poohlisey, me too! They are working even better for me than John Masters Smile
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing wakes me up like C.O. Bigelow Rosemary Mint "Superb Body Cleanser" shower gel. It is very tingly!!! It is available @ Bath & Body Works.
ablubo80
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried but have read numberous Rave reviews about Maryam's Soap Nook. Sounds like they carry an awesome dead sea salt/shea butter scrub.
http://maryam-soap-nook.com/saltglowscrubs.html
I've heard the scents are unbelievably strong. There are a lot to choose from. Her body butters get great reviews as well.
HTH!
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Faith, if you have not tried Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap, then definitely try that.

They have a peppermint version, and also tea tree. You could try separately, and eventually mix them, since the tea tree smells so strong. Get the liquid, not the solid soaps.

You can get them at most health food stores, and they are fairly cheap for how powerful a bit of the soap is. It really sudses up if you rub it in your hands. I think they even recommend diluting it.

It's a good powerful cleanser to get everything off of your skin fast.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Poohlisey, me too! They are working even better for me than John Masters Smile

Never tried JM.. Maybe I should just stick with Avalon's!
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw the Dr Bronners in the store - is it very harsh/drying? Does it foam at all?
After Mabsy recced the Avalon Peppermint one I went out to buy it, I like it but it doesn't really wake me up.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Not harsh, and does foam. The peppermint is really fun. I've used it in the summertime. . .

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! Will pick some up the next time I'm at the store
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Just seconding the Dr. Bronner's recommendation--the peppermint is seriously tingly! I'm using the eucalyptus now, and liking its intensity as well.

These liquid soaps have an olive oil base, as I recall, and are not drying it all. (In fact, I use them as hand soap year round because it's the only thing I've found that gets my hands clean but doesn't strip off the natural oils.)

I think the Dr. B's soap foams quite nicely; the lather is rich enough that I use them in place of shaving gel. The only thing is that I have to work the lather up a bit, i.e., rub it between my hands for a moment or so.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
shanno wrote:
Just seconding the Dr. Bronner's recommendation--the peppermint is seriously tingly! I'm using the eucalyptus now, and liking its intensity as well.

These liquid soaps have an olive oil base, as I recall, and are not drying it all. (In fact, I use them as hand soap year round because it's the only thing I've found that gets my hands clean but doesn't strip off the natural oils.)

I think the Dr. B's soap foams quite nicely; the lather is rich enough that I use them in place of shaving gel. The only thing is that I have to work the lather up a bit, i.e., rub it between my hands for a moment or so.

I love tingly stuff. Thanks for the suggestion!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |