Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Rave review: Trish McEvoy Planner System
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I was inspired to write this review by the topic in the lounge asking "Are you an organized person?". As it happens, I am not that organized by nature and I tend to get overwhelmed by the skin care and makeup that I have, forgetting what I own and purchasing similar things again and again. My bathroom shelf would often look like a complete mess if I had to scramble around to find a particular lipstick shade. The same would often be the case with my handbags, there would be a makeup bag brimming with product and then a few loose palettes drifting around.

Well, all this is a thing of the past and I have now got an organized bathroom, handbag and makeup routine all thanks to the Trish McEvoy planner.

I don't know if you have seen this makeup bag supreme, so I'll describe; it looks like a thick filofax which opens up to a nylon pocket on the left, a plastic insert (called a page) with colurs on in the middle and then on the right it has a section which holds your brushes.

I have the petite size which fits neatly into my handbag and it holds everything I use on a daily basis. I love having everything there, organized at a glance. I am too much of a makeup junkie to restrict myself to one brand, so the left hand pocket holds my foundation, a palette that I like and a juicy tube. Then on the page insert, I have picked a face powder, a blusher and one base eyeshadow and a liner from Trish McEvoy. It is great to have this palette on the page clearly visible as the page lid is clear. If there is no time for makeup before work, I have everything there to do it later in the day.

Behind the page there is also a detachable nylon zip bag which is great for little fragrance samples and other bits and pieces.

The brush section also holds my mascaras, my lip care products and eyebrow pencil. It is incredibly neat and I just bring three or four brushes with me.

I have now noticed that this fits all my essentials so I take it into the bathroom in the morning, open it up and work from this, then I pop it in my bag ready to do touch ups during the day.

This is so much more than a makeup bag to me, it has helped me find a basic capsule collection of makeup which can used for day to evening looks and it keeps my makeup and brushes tidy and accesible. I love it!

Now I am thinking of investing in the large planner to organize my makeup + travel size skin care in for holidays. The one I have is black in a quilted material, but they also come in several colours in leather.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have a pink planner and love mine too.
Very Happy
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have a job that was about 90% travel, had to live out of suitcases so I was big on organising things into the smallest space possible. I loved my big Trish McEvoy planner - it held everything I needed. I bought two extra zip bags so I could keep non-McEvoy makeup somewhat tidy as well. I put it away as I do not travel so much anymore, but I really ought to go through all my messy makeup drawers and file everything in the McEvoy planner again.
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi, this sounds like something i need desperately - I'm the unorganized person! I am so glad i have inspired you to write your review. Thanks Cool
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, thanks for reading my review.
Emma2006; is your pink planner petite with mint green nylon inside? It is so cute. They also had them in gold for Christmas.

Stellamaris, I am glad to hear the planner worked well for your travels. I think the large size would hold everything I need for a two week holiday if I get travel sizes of my skin care.

Kez, you will no longer be the unorganized person when it comes to makeup if you get the planner system Very Happy
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Smoothskin, this item is proving to be a difficult item for me to buy, as no-one seems to ship this to Australia and i dont think we can get Trish McEvoy here Crying or Very sad I am watching a couple on ebay so hopefully......
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
What a shame Kez! I know the feeling when you want something and it is so hard to get - it makes me more determined to get it. I am sure one of the stockists would be willing to send it to you.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Go for it Smoothskin, treat yourself!

I love my Trish McEvoy planner Smile It's perfect for me, I like having everything in one place and being able to see it all without having to check compacts.

I have a mini planner which has all my make up in it. I had the black 'vinyl' one but as I'd proved to myself I would use it (had it for 5 years) I treated myself in December to a red leather one with cream leather lining as a birthday present to myself..but then hubby said he'd pay for it...so I treated myself to some brushes Laughing

My rule is ALL my make up and anything related have to fit into my mini planner. I have two pages, one with cream to powder foundation+ mineral powder and one with blush and eye shadows. The front pocket has anything 'base related' so things like primer and my Prescriptives. My mascara goes with my brushes at the back and the zip bag has my lipstick/gloss.

I also have a petite planner in the black quilted like Smoothskin (I think it's calf leather?) which I think of as my portable supplies but I only take out if I have a larger handbag that day, it has one page with powder, a couple of brushes and I use the pocket for keeping things like nurofen. In the zip up bag, I keep one of those credit-sized Trish McEvoy 'cards' (which are fab), an emergency hair band and a fragrance sample. So most days I just carry this zip bag around on its own.

I also use this petite planner when I am travelling, I have a spare petite page so can take anything out of my mini planner and put it in the petite one instead. Muji got these great little bags in this winter which hold their plastic bottles in place so perfect for toiletries and I find the combination of this bag and my petite planner great for trips.

Smoothskin - if you're thinking of a large planner, have you seen the bundle TM? It looked like a really good deal.

Kez - I think if you actually telephone the TM counter at some place like Nordstrom (rather than online via retailer), they will post things to you. Worth waiting a month though as the new stuff is coming out then.
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip Daisylondon, not sure if i have the patience to wait a month...but i will ring Nordstrom and see if they will ship to Australia. After reading these reviews i dont want the planner now....I need the planner Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |