Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
barstwards!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
some git has been fraudulently using gb's card Shock Shock Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
some git has been fraudulently using gb's card Shock Shock Shock

That sucks! Mad Did he cancel the card?

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
yeah,the bank cancelled it. Argos (home of the plastic laminated book of dreams, phoned up to ask if we had ordered 400 quids worth of stuff to be delivered to a different address.

Bloody chavs!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
yeah,the bank cancelled it. Argos (home of the plastic laminated book of dreams, phoned up to ask if we had ordered 400 quids worth of stuff to be delivered to a different address.

Bloody chavs!

Well, good that they cancelled the card...but sorry you and gb had to deal with such a headache! WTH is wrong with people?? Confused

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry you had to go thru this - it's a total PITA...but I have to admit - I LOVE when you go on a rant like this - I learn all kinds of fun new words!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
What is going on lately??? A friend just had to resolve a bogus $2000 charge on her PayPal account, and I'm getting phishing emails like never before -- I bet 10-15 per day! The scammers and hackers seem to be on a rampage.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Sorry you had to go thru this - it's a total PITA...but I have to admit - I LOVE when you go on a rant like this - I learn all kinds of fun new words!!

PMSL

Liz
you do seem to have some very good sympathetic friends here on EDS.
I really am sorry. I assume that the bank are making good the loss as they know about it.

Candy
You really are brave. You are my new hero. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

Candy

I'm TOTALLY sympathetic, been thru it twice last year already.

Now just tryin to figure out what those cool new words mean!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Someone hacked into my eBay account and was selling stuff under my name. He was listing items and then the scam was that he would take the money but never deliver the product. He probably picked me because I have a lot of feedback so he felt that people would buy "his" items (well listed under my name) and then he would get away with it.

All of this came to light when I got an email from PayPal and eBay wanting to verify my request for a change of password. It took me a few hours to get it cleared up but in the meantime it was a pain. The nerve of some people!

Sorry that this happened to you GG.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
"Bastwards" is right! Why is there so much of this going on lately? It's terrible and I'm sorry that happened. There is a popular retailer here that announced that many of their shoppers credit card details were compromised while shopping during a certain period and it scared a lot of people including my mum that shopped there during that time. The CC company was nice enough to send her a new card and number automatically without her even having to call and cancel. Hopefully you can get everything starightened out without any more problems and stress. Sheesh!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that. Totally sucks. Glad that you got it fixed and straighten out!
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
My bank sent our new cards last week because of that "popular retailer" who had their database hacked back in August. They waited until after Christmas before they announced it so their bottom line wouldn't be affected during the busy holiday season.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:52 am      Reply with quote
What a total PITA - hope it doesn't take too long to get it sorted out with the bank. These people really are the limit!
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Sorry - put this in the wrong thread. Can we bring back the editing feature?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:55 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:

PMSL

Liz
you do seem to have some very good sympathetic friends here on EDS.
I really am sorry. I assume that the bank are making good the loss as they know about it.

Candy

well when you two slappers have finished having fun at my expense... Rolling Eyes

Thanks all. it was Argos aka chav world ( Embarassed sorry Lori, forgot it's your fave shop! Bad Grin ), who spotted the fraudulent use. Still don't know how they got the card details because, and this is no reflection on guapaboy, guapaboy seldom gets his card out. Anyway it's all being reimbursed, though I am a bit hacked off that the bank said not to bother contacting the police as it wasn't a physical theft. I mean WTH!!!!!!

and Lori and Candy, I .....forgive...you both

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I would contact the police.

The bank telling you not to seems odd as if they are trying to protect themselves from looking bad. Their logic is ridiculous as well. Not a physical theft? Really! So I suppose that online theft isn't considered a crime then either? We all know that it is and it's also a fast growing problem. I would file a police report anyway. You never know these thieves might be part of a ring and in the future the more evidence that they have against them, the better. Again, sorry that this happened to you.

Slappers... I haven't heard that term in awhile! I love that word. Laughing
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Cheers for the forgivness Guapa.

I cannot believe the fuzz didn't go stormin round those little bit shags house & arrest them.

You were close with Argos but really pound stretcher is my very fav shop it makes argos look expensive. Wink

Truly I am sorry though theft is horrible whatever form it takes, physical or not. It makes you feel violated & vulnerable & I just thought it funny that Candy was chuffed at learning new words. That girl really needs to get out more. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
What is going on lately??? A friend just had to resolve a bogus $2000 charge on her PayPal account, and I'm getting phishing emails like never before -- I bet 10-15 per day! The scammers and hackers seem to be on a rampage.

I recently cancelled my Paypal account after somebody tried to wire over a thousand dollars using my credit card. The cc company called to question that activity because the scammers were using the wrong expiration date on the card. Well, the only place that expiration date was on record was on Paypal. I purposely set it up that way to avoid problems since I had problems with Paypal a few years ago. Somebody transferred around $1500 out of my bank account to my Paypal account. I got the money back, but it was a real hassle and stress. I am done with Paypal. I rarely used it anyway.

Tina
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Speaking of chavs, since the term was mentioned here, one can learn all about chavs and their interesting attire and attitudes at http://www.chavworld.co.uk/

The site is quite hilarious actually. A British friend of mine told me about this site. Razz
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I haven't seen chavworld, though I'm a big fan of chavscum.com. Naturally, the sociologist guardian reader in me deplores taking the mick out of the underclass, but when you have actually been up against a couple of menacing 13 year old chavettes, then you tend to take a somewhat jaundiced view of them.

And Lori and Candy. I was joking. God! get a sense of humour! Laughing

The money is all back in my account by the way and I am going to report it to the police. You are right Anna, the bank should persue this. They do however know my home address. Should I be worried?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Well some thieves knowing your home address would worry me. I think that when you file a police report you should tell them this and let them know of your concerns. I am not sure if there is anything that they can do but you never know.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
You joshing us, well that's a new thing.
I would never have guessed. SOH me Exclamation I don't have one, I'm british dontyaknow. Wink

I forgot to say please thank GB the lounge looks luverly with the new furniture. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I would never have guessed. SOH me Exclamation I don't have one, I'm british dontyaknow. Wink

I forgot to say please thank GB the lounge looks luverly with the new furniture. Laughing

rofl

biatch! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
loopylori wrote:

rofl

biatch! Very Happy

Couldn't let you down now Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Cheers for the forgivness Guapa.

I cannot believe the fuzz didn't go stormin round those little bit shags house & arrest them.

You were close with Argos but really pound stretcher is my very fav shop it makes argos look expensive. Wink

Truly I am sorry though theft is horrible whatever form it takes, physical or not. It makes you feel violated & vulnerable & I just thought it funny that Candy was chuffed at learning new words. That girl really needs to get out more. Very Happy

I have been trapped in the house for a week with my 6 month old nephew - what can I say, I'm easily amused.

As far as contacting the police regarding this. I don't know what the laws are where you are - but unfortunately here in Illinois the 'victim' here is actually the bank and the merchant. You (ok, GB) incurred no monetary loss, therefore are not a theft victim. I don't agree - just tellin ya how it is here.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |