Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DHC Moisture Pack-- STAY AWAY
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I requested a sample of this with my last DHC order because I was thinking of getting it. Am I glad I didn't order the full size!

I squeezed it out and it looked really nice-- white and pearlized. It felt nice as I put it on, but rather quickly I felt a burning sensation everywhere I put it. I waited a few seconds to see if it would go away but it just got worse. I never had a product do this; it HURT! I scraped some of it away from my cheek and my skin was already turning red underneath. I washed it off after having it on for maybe 45 seconds and my face still kinds stings! I put some of my Alba sea kelp toner on and that soothed my skin a bit. Then I layered on my Dove sensitive cream and my skin isn't red anymore. Imagine if I'd left it on longer.

This is the first bad DHC product I've tried. I still love the brand but this sure is a miss!

Ingredients for Moisture Pack: water, stearic acid, butylene glycol, glycerin, kaolin, polyvinyl alcohol, behenyl alcohol, sodium hyaluronate, potassium hydroxide, placental protein, methylparaben, serine, sodium dehydroacetate, propylparaben, allantoin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, urea

(I'm not sure what caused the problem but there are a few weird things in here)
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
If your skin is anything like mine, it's the polyvinyl alcohol. That stuff makes my skin turn as red as though I had a sunburn! Then, it begins to itch! It' a major irritant for my skin, which, under normal circumstances, isn't at all sensitive.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking it might be the polyvinyl alcohol; I can't recall ever using a product containing it. I don't have overly sensitive skin either so I thought it bizarre it burned so much, especially something that's supposed to be moisturizing.

Do you know its purpose? It seems rather high up on the ingredients list yet (and I'm just going on what I'm deriving from the term 'polyvinyl alcohol') it doesn't seem like it'd beneficial.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know much about it at all other than what I've been told by an esthetician, which is that it's a water soluble synthetic polymer that's an emulsifier and oxygen barrier. So, I just went to the wikipedia and here are some common uses for it:

"Uses
Some uses of polyvinyl alcohol include:

Adhesive and thickener material in latex paints, paper coatings, hairsprays, shampoos and glues.
Carbon dioxide barrier in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles.
Carotid phantoms for use as synthetic vessels in doppler flow testing.
Children's play putty or slime when combined with Borax.
Feminine hygiene and adult incontinence products as a biodegradable plastic backing sheet.
As a mold release because materials such as epoxy do not stick to it.
As a water-soluble film useful for packaging.
As fiber reinforcement in concrete
As a surfactant for the formation of polymer encapsulated nanobeads

Fishing
PVA is widely used in freshwater sport fishing. Small bags made from PVA are filled with dry- or oil-based bait and attached to the hook, or the baited hook is placed inside the bag and cast into the water. When the bag lands on the lake or river bottom it breaks down, leaving the hook bait surrounded by ground bait, pellets etc. This method helps attract fish to the hook bait, though it does result in dissolved plastic in the water.

Anglers also use string made of PVA for the purpose of making temporary attachments; for example holding in a coil a length of line that might otherwise tangle while the cast is made."

If you want to read more of the techie stuff, here's the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_alcohol

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. Will stay away from.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
does DHC make-up remover contain this?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
What is DHC?

Thanks for the warning! Wow, how dare they call their product "moisture pack"? Should rename to "burn like hell pack"!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
What is DHC?

Thanks for the warning! Wow, how dare they call their product "moisture pack"? Should rename to "burn like hell pack"!

http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/

DHC is a japanese brand. I personally like some of their products.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the tip. i've tried their olive soap and cleansing oil, found them both pretty decent.

fancl's moisture pack is fantastic

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |